IGNORED

Mbappe - questionable PSG negotiation tactics?

highlandcityfan

3 hours ago, phantom said:

He's just turned down the move to Saudi Arabia

As I posted earlier, it was never in doubt.

It isn’t that he ‘turned down the move’, he simply declined to meet with the Al Hilal representatives to even discuss it.

Like him or not, he is a principled young man, has his heart set on Real Madrid and, despite apparent overtures from Saudi Arabia - I am surprised that PSG’s Qatari owners are even talking with them given the tension between the two countries, although money talks - together with several English clubs, I am convinced he is off to Spain, either this summer or next.

The PSG accounts are in, or at least limited numbers..Some headlines from P&L and Balance Sheet.

As I predicted, a loss in excess of €100m pre tax last year.

3 Year after Allowables rolling limit is €90m pre tax post Allowables and this drops to €60m if prior losses.

Screenshot_20240424-183714_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.cccb7fde21c83e9639386233eb7118de.jpg

Break even pre tax.

To 2022

2018-19..€32m Profit

2019-20..-€125m Loss

2020-21...-€225m Loss

(Covid average...-€175m Loss)

2021-22..-€375m Loss

-€518m the Starting point, possibly yo get down to -€30m in adjusted losses or at best-€90m or -€60m. Missed by just a bit??

Settlement. To 2023, remember fine and Breakeven requirement surely in play.

2019-20..-€125m Loss

2020-21...-€225m Loss

(Covid average...-€175m Loss)

2021-22..-€375m Loss

2022-23..-€107.392m Loss

-€657.392m Loss?? Even if you refer the prior 2 to the cap which I believe UEFA do after a fail, a €100m+ Pre Tax Loss is just unacceptable. IMO.

I know UEFA have had some transitional arrangements post Covid and between systems but this is flagrant, appallingly bad.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Mind blowing figures 

Absolutely!

Struggling to fathom how, in particular, they didn't get properly clobbered for 2022.

They spent a load this season too albeit some major sales at last. (Verratri, Neymar among others). Messi ajd Ramos both left, again among a range of others. Highly likely they breached to last sesson too unless there was a major FFP fine in there as they are excluded from breakeven Tests.