IGNORED

??? ??????-??????? Signed on loan to Newport

redpole

9 minutes ago, redpole said:

Good move for the lad, get some games under his belt. 

Glad he’s out playing men’s football , thought it might be a bit higher than that , 

I suppose close to home though so can keep an eye on him and it didn’t do Semenyo any harm going to Newport I suppose , good luck Seb 

• Admin
1 minute ago, redkev said:

Glad he’s out playing men’s football , thought it might be a bit higher than that , 

I suppose close to home though so can keep an eye on him and it didn’t do Semenyo any harm going to Newport I suppose , good luck Seb 

I guess it didn't do that Semenyo chap any harm 

• Like 1

• Admin
19 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Should be a good move. I see it's a, season long loan so no call back except presumably January. 

Good opportunities too for others to move up in our U21 side in his absence. 

I would check on our official site, but it's not mentioned anywhere on there. 

Screenshot_20230720_205105_Samsung Internet.jpg

Good job Newport are on the ball... I wonder if he'll play against us on Saturday 

Large.webp

9 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

Newport mates are not optimistic about next season, no money, poor recruitment so far but they like the look of this one

Hope Seb does well there, will try and get to watch a game or two

Yes good idea might be worth a trip over the bridge for a game or two see how he’s doing , 

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Great move for him, but also sad as thought he’d be in and around the first team proper this season.  

Marlee ahead of him in the pecking order after seeing everyone over pre season?

Probably more just a case we're very flexible across the front line so no opportunity for him so best to be playing somewhere else

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scare_Man said:

Newport mates are not optimistic about next season, no money, poor recruitment so far but they like the look of this one

Hope Seb does well there, will try and get to watch a game or two

Perversely this all actually works to his advantage.

They have a small squad, very few strikers & he has every opportunity of playing lots of league football.

Really close to home too, after going in to a total shambles at Yeovil this loan looks ideal.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Great move for him, but also sad as thought he’d be in and around the first team proper this season.  

Marlee ahead of him in the pecking order after seeing everyone over pre season?

Not sure SEB is anywhere near first team standard at this time imo.

Very good move for him to get EFL experience and hopefully kick on.

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They have a small squad, very few strikers & he has every opportunity of playing lots of league football.

Really close to home too, after going in to a total shambles at Yeovil this loan looks ideal.

Coughlan has already come out and said he’s competing with Kiban Rai (18) to play with Omar Bogle, so should be opportunities for Seb.  Bogle injured I think too.

21 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Very true - just hope it’s not a team that consistently struggles again this season and he gets opportunities in a reasonable side

No mention of Zanzala and Evans is interesting, Evans regularly featured upfront with Bogle last season despite more being a winger and Zanzala is a threat in L2 if fit even if he's more in Bogle's mould, but given a lot of their game is around Demetriou's long throws its an added bonus.

Edited by Lrrr

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

No mention of Zanzala and Evans is interesting, Evans regularly featured upfront with Bogle last season despite more being a winger and Zanzala is a threat in L2 if fit even if he's more in Bogle's mould, but given a lot of their game is around Demetriou's long throws its an added bonus.

Zanzala got injured near the end of last season and will be lucky to be fit this year - I am not even sure if he ever signed an extension as he was only originally signed on a one year deal from Barrow. 

Will Evans is intended to be going back to be playing as a wing back again 

3 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Demetriou has gone to Crewe on a free