IGNORED

442 season prediction

East Londoner

I'm a little surprised to see  Blackburn tipped to hit the playoffs given the departure of Brereton-Diaz plus experience in the form of Ayala and Dack albeit those two had varying game time.

Surprised to see us predicted to go backwards despite the growth of the team especially the young players, the better environment ie more stable not fire-fighting, the marked improvement of form post the 4-3-3 switch.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Pretty underwhelming prediction…plus not sure where all the Ipswich hype has come from 

IMG_2003.png

IMG_2002.png

If Tommy Conway improves on last years double figure goal tally, then we will go up as Champions and probably win the FA and League cup too. 100 + goals bring it on.

• Haha 2

I'm quite happy that most people don't have us down as top 6 or bottom 3, bit of an unknown and well under the radar.

Obviously, that could change if we lose our first half-dozen and then pressure sets in, but if we hit some early season form, I still don't see the press making much of it and  focusing on the sides with more of a history.

Could help avoid some of the pressure that sides with a recent history of success get.

As for Ipswich, I don't get it. 

Just now, chinapig said:

Usually written by people who know  a bit next to nothing about most of the clubs involved in the top 6, next to nothing about the rest of the division and bu99er all about Bristol City!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Usually written by people who know next to nothing about most of the clubs involved.

Having read it again it’s also clear that it’s pointless making predictions if you can’t put aside your own personal bias. Apparently we have too many veterans whereas the gas apparently have an exciting young team. Last time i looked it was the other way round 

Similar to the second tier podcast and their weird anti Pearson agenda 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Having read it Similar to the second tier podcast and their weird anti Pearson agenda 

I'm convinced that this is tied to, in the case of Dilks especially, Pearson and his- at best disappointing- few months in charge of Derby in 2016..

Dilks is very much a Derby fan and it shows, dunno who Peach supports.

1 minute ago, East Londoner said:

Having read it again it’s also clear that it’s pointless making predictions if you can’t put aside your own personal bias. Apparently we have too many veterans whereas the gas apparently have an exciting young team. Last time i looked it was the other way round 

Similar to the second tier podcast and their weird anti Pearson agenda 

The wider problem with EFL coverage is that national football journalists would have to do research to find out about the majority of clubs. Why bother when you can spend your time quoting tweets from top Premier League players and call that journalism?

They often claim how important the pyramid is but largely treat the EFL with something between indifference and contempt.

• Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Personally can’t see to much wrong with the table prediction tbh other than I’d swap Leeds with Ipswich or Sunderland . Maybe it’s just supporting City that has made me pessimistic but we’ve only made average signings for this league so far this window and we’re gonna lose are best player before the window shuts .

On the flipside we are increasingly cohesive as a unit, our young players such as Bell and Conway are a year on in experience and players such as Mehmeti and Cornick will have had a full pre-season.

Tanner and Pring ➡️ McCrorie and Roberts is quite a good range. Knight has a bit of a goal threat too or can do.

Less injuries wouldn't go amiss. We need less medium term injuries if we are to operate a relatively tight squad.

This is if Scott stays.

Two or three new signings..if Scott goes, in priority positions surely is a bit of a must. GK, CB especially left sided and a midfielder.

I think you're unduly pessimistic but we will need some luck too of course.

• Like 1

I actually don't get West Brom. They have lost a number of players, have signed no one, have no money. The two/three good loans they had, had now gone and yet they are predicted to be up there? They had to let some of there experienced players go as they couldn't afford new contracts. I personally would be very surprised if they were top half myself. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I actually don't get West Brom. They have lost a number of players, have signed no one, have no money. The two/three good loans they had, had now gone and yet they are predicted to be up there? They had to let some of there experienced players go as they couldn't afford new contracts. I personally would be very surprised if they were top half myself. 

Yes but you could be assed to find out the facts whereas the writer may not have done or has chosen to ignore them. I doubt the Action for Albion fans group are optimistic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65220360

16 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yes but you could be assed to find out the facts whereas the writer may not have done or has chosen to ignore them. I doubt the Action for Albion fans group are optimistic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65220360

I wouldn't write off WBA entirely but there are a few things that need to fall in their favour from here IMO.

Kipre and Mowatt returning could hit the ground running again, they both have ability at this level.

That aside rather depends IMO on how many more go from here. Yeah their depth still thinning out but I think they may hope for some loanees too. Otoh the aforementioned Kipre and Mowatt plus Alex Palmer in goal, Swift and Yokuslu in midfield, Wallace out wide and Dike fitness permitting oh Molumby too in midfield, should give them some hope. Quite like Thomas-Asante too! A sprinkling of experienced Championship players around the squad too.

Most importantly retaining Corberan. I imagine he has them quite unified but if he was to walk...

3 hours ago, RedRaw said:

No more than one persons view

Last seasons for comparison 

IMG_7442.thumb.webp.3b693b81a152c39ca5f338b3838759e7.webp

QPR in 12th went well, shitting themselves that they would go down with a fortnight of the season left.

Worth highlighting too that only one of the three they tipped to get relegated actually did & that was due to a points deduction.

I find 442's recent journalism to be lazy.  It's almost like they sit in the office and go "West Brom and Norwich will be up there, they're big clubs...", "Let's pick a club with the momentum of promotion from last season (it can't be Plymouth because we can't be bothered to venture that far out-west", "Blackburn and Sunderland did ok last season so we'll back them" and that old chestnut "Leicester and Southampton will bounce back; 2 clubs always do.  Haemorhaged players?  Have they?".

"Let's fill in the gaps....oh, you missed Hull...where is there a gap?"

• Like 3
  • Flames 3