IGNORED

Cheltenham Town away pre-season friendly Tuesday 25 July 745 pm KO

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not a penalty according to Fleming or very contentious at best.

Although we were at the other end of the ground, James got completely done for pace on the outside and took the guy out.

A clear penalty for me. Nothing dubious about it at all.?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

From the away end he looked pretty distraught despite getting up and walking off. Looked like Achilles / back of the ankle. It wasn't a knock as no one near him.

That's exactly as I saw it although Curtis said he took a kick on ankle ?? Great news if he is ok as I too feared the worst. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So you're saying Fleming is lying?

With the greatest respect, I expect Fleming to know more about what happened more than someone Sat in the stand. 

Probably took a kick (which you missed) tried to run it off but couldn't so was taken off as a precaution. 

Did you go last night fella? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Just seen the highlights on YT. How did we not win? Thought Cornick looked lively, some nice crossfield passes. Tanner took his goal well.

Absolute nailed-on penalty, though!

Sometimes the highlights are laughable, suggesting that the game was all one way.

Funny how a guilt edged chance for Cheltenham was omitted just before the Tanner goal - looked harder to miss.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JackiDziekanowski said:

Sometimes the highlights are laughable, suggesting that the game was all one way.

Funny how a guilt edged chance for Cheltenham was omitted just before the Tanner goal - looked harder to miss.

That's always the danger! Still, looked a good, competitive run out for City, in front of a crowd. 

8 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Excellent performance tonight and 2/3 other wonderful crosses that we should have made more of. Pring and him make great competition for the left back place. Can't split them. 

Several chances went begging at the far post before Tanner's goal. Crossing was generally good (apart from Mehmeti), just needed someone to hold back and attack the far post.

51 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Just seen the highlights on YT. How did we not win? Thought Cornick looked lively, some nice crossfield passes. Tanner took his goal well.

Absolute nailed-on penalty, though!

We were the better team but it certainly wasn’t that sort of game 

I was really impressed with Cheltenham. Played it out from the back every time and played some nice football. I just think they will struggle for goals this season as they were definitely missing a bit of quality in the final third

Curtis Davies will be a great signing for them 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We were the better team but it certainly wasn’t that sort of game 

I was really impressed with Cheltenham. Played it out from the back every time and played some nice football. I just think they will struggle for goals this season as they were definitely missing a bit of quality in the final third

Curtis Davies will be a great signing for them 

I hope Wade Elliott does as well as he can do there with limited resources.

Dumped by Johnson in 2016 when his experience would have been invaluable. Perceived as a threat by LJ?

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So you're saying Fleming is lying?

With the greatest respect, I expect Fleming to know more about what happened more than someone Sat in the stand. 

Probably took a kick (which you missed) tried to run it off but couldn't so was taken off as a precaution. 

Managers/coaches do it all the time. 

Naismith - ‘out for a few weeks’ (months)

Williams - ‘slight fatigued hamstring’ (torn it)

Kalas - back before internationals (wasn’t)

The list goes on

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Managers/coaches do it all the time. 

Naismith - ‘out for a few weeks’ (months)

Williams - ‘slight fatigued hamstring’ (torn it)

Kalas - back before internationals (wasn’t)

The list goes on

OTIB - he's done his ACL.

Fleming - if it was the Champions league final he'd have stayed on.

19 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Okay mate, you obviously know best 

“They’re fine, we just took them off as a precaution,” Fleming said. “I think if it was the Champions League final I think they’d probably have stayed on. It’s really important that we protect them. Everything we’ve done, when we came back for the first week at the HPC, we were looking at August 5; we go to Austria, we’re looking at August 5; we play these games, we’re looking at August 5.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Not sure that makes a difference because those that appear to have been there all missed the kick to his ankle / heel before he went down injured 

Whilst I’m not saying it is the case in this instance, often managers will come out after the game with limited information until the injury is properly assessed. 

• Like 3