IGNORED

Cheltenham Town away pre-season friendly Tuesday 25 July 745 pm KO

Jerseybean

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not a penalty according to Fleming or very contentious at best.

At least some things never change- a dubious penalty to the opposition like Hull & Rotherham (both dives) last season.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

At least some things never change- a dubious penalty to the opposition like Hull & Rotherham (both dives) last season.

Am hoping our luck with officiating may start to even out a bit.

If it does we are due so many bad calls that it'll be our year. :grr:

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

46 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I dunno. He made a squeal with no one aroud him and didn’t come back out. I’m not as hopeful ?

From the away end he looked pretty distraught despite getting up and walking off. Looked like Achilles / back of the ankle. It wasn't a knock as no one near him.

• Like 2

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

From the away end he looked pretty distraught despite getting up and walking off. Looked like Achilles / back of the ankle. It wasn't a knock as no one near him.

I blame casualty for everyone becoming a medical expert :fear:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Didn't look that dubious to me. If you dive in for a challenge on a player that has sprinted past you and he goes down under the challenge you don't give the ref much option but to give it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I blame casualty for everyone becoming a medical expert :fear:

Not claiming to be a medical expert but as he was about 30 yards away from me it was quite clear he wasn't happy and seemed in a bit if distress. The yelp as he went down didn't help. He was clearly holding the back of his ankle / Achilles.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Not claiming to be a medical expert but as he was about 30 yards away from me it was quite clear he wasn't happy and seemed in a bit if distress. The yelp as he went down didn't help. He was clearly holding the back of his ankle / Achilles.

No offence but if you could make out someone's injury from 30 yards away I would say you're in the wrong business 

• Admin
Just now, Sir Geoff said:

Well it wasn't his arm or head as he was clutching his ankle !!!!!

You said earlier it wasn't a knock... 

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Only on otib does a kick to the ankle get reported as a player went down with no one around him and letting out a squeal. Only on here..

Anyway I'm going to bid you all a good night 

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Only on otib does a kick to the ankle get reported as a player went down with no one around him and letting out a squeal. Only on here..

Were you at the game then out of interest? I was right on that side at the front, It deffo wasn’t a kick or a knock. It really didn’t look or sound good and the fact physios got waved on straight away and he went off straight down the tunnel isn’t a good sign.  Hopefully Fleming is right and there aren’t any injuries, rather than covering up, but I guess we will see on Saturday.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OTIB - ‘Believe that hes done his ACL there, looked like he tore something and screamed in pain with no one around him, definitely out for the season’

Pearson and Fleming - ‘Yeah we got no injuries’

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Conway has just collapsed on his heel with no one around him. Gone straight down the tunnel.  Brilliant 

It’s why we need a striker. If we get an injury to most players we have good cover. Any medium term injury to Conway or O’Leary and we become a fair bit worse as a team. Appreciate it’s a minority view but those of us that are concerned with our striker cover are concerned for a reason. 

I do say that assuming we are aiming for the play offs. If we are aiming for 8-10th then we are fine 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

No offence but if you could make out someone's injury from 30 yards away I would say you're in the wrong business 

My gp diagnoses what's wrong with me from 6 miles away and while on the phone!

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s why we need a striker. If we get an injury to most players we have good cover. Any medium term injury to Conway or O’Leary and we become a fair bit worse as a team. Appreciate it’s a minority view but those of us that are concerned with our striker cover are concerned for a reason. 

I do say that assuming we are aiming for the play offs. If we are aiming for 8-10th then we are fine 

We have 5 players playing for 3 positions atm (maybe even 6 or 7 if Francois stays and where they are Benarous fitting in), imo if we get a big injury up too I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see us go 4-2-3-1 or even 3-4-1-2 rather than keep to 3 ‘proper’ forwards. 

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

We have 5 players playing for 3 positions atm (maybe even 6 or 7 if Francois stays and where they are Benarous fitting in), imo if we get a big injury up too I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see us go 4-2-3-1 or even 3-4-1-2 rather than keep to 3 ‘proper’ forwards. 

Yeah the numbers are fine. I just see the quality drop off after Conway as quite significant. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Were you at the game then out of interest? I was right on that side at the front, It deffo wasn’t a kick or a knock. It really didn’t look or sound good and the fact physios got waved on straight away and he went off straight down the tunnel isn’t a good sign.  Hopefully Fleming is right and there aren’t any injuries, rather than covering up, but I guess we will see on Saturday.  

Fleming said he took a kick to the ankle. The way you described it is if he had done his ACL.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, downendcity said:

My gp diagnoses what's wrong with me from 6 miles away and while on the phone!

With my doctors, you have to send them a message outlining what's wrong with you, they'll then maybe give you a telephone consultation, if you are close to dying then maybe they'll give you a face to face appointment in about 8 weeks time. 

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Fleming said he took a kick to the ankle. The way you described it is if he had done his ACL.

I’m with Pete, was sat on the side facing him and didn’t look like a kick to me, he just pulled up and went down. Definitely looked like a worrying one to me. Hopefully he’s fine and was taken off as precaution 

57 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Didn't look that dubious to me. If you dive in for a challenge on a player that has sprinted past you and he goes down under the challenge you don't give the ref much option but to give it.

Exactly how i saw it. 

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Yeah we said that. Looked like he went down without being touched. We said straight away it looked like his Achilles 

12 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I’m with Pete, was sat on the side facing him and didn’t look like a kick to me, he just pulled up and went down. Definitely looked like a worrying one to me. Hopefully he’s fine and was taken off as precaution 

So you're saying Fleming is lying?

With the greatest respect, I expect Fleming to know more about what happened more than someone Sat in the stand. 

Probably took a kick (which you missed) tried to run it off but couldn't so was taken off as a precaution. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So you're saying Fleming is lying?

With the greatest respect, I expect Fleming to know more about what happened more than someone Sat in the stand. 

Probably took a kick (which you missed) tried to run it off but couldn't so was taken off as a precaution. 

Just saying the way he went down with no one around him didn’t look like it was from a kick, it looked worse than that. I’m not saying anyone’s lying but it was right in front of me and my first reaction was this is not good.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

So Tanner and Leeson bagging goals. Full backs pushed further forward this season is it?

In Tanners case I would say no, for me he looked quite slow on the ball and there were times I wanted him to push forward and he didn't. Have definitely seen him play much more attacking than he did tonight although can't argue with the goal. Roberts however tried a few overlaps and his crossing was generally better than Mehmeti too, thinking the competition on the left between him and Pring could be interesting.