IGNORED

New website

BCFC1512

All the Bristol Sport websites were under one platform but now City has been separated.

I can't help but think is City separating from Bristol Sport? It's common knowledge that Lansdown has been looking for outside investment. 

I could be barking up the wrong tree here but seems a odd decision seeing how much time and effort the club and BS spent creating this platform.

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Possibly not for me to say, but Jerry has been doing additional duties around the club for a while now due to staff shortages that go way above and beyond his actual responsibilities 

I find it uncomfortable to read the criticism on here, because if it was known how he's stepped in and prevented a real shit show from occurring I know people would be commenting less 

Staff shortages sounds worrying!

Certainly won't query further, confidential obvs but a little worrying- sounds like he has gone above and beyond. That extra mile.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

Possibly not for me to say, but Jerry has been doing additional duties around the club for a while now due to staff shortages that go way above and beyond his actual responsibilities 

I find it uncomfortable to read the criticism on here, because if it was known how he's stepped in and prevented a real shit show from occurring I know people would be commenting less 

Exactly this, yes he’s the SLO, but that doesn’t mean he’s got the ability to fix everything, or indeed force those (way above his pay grade) to listen or make changes to some of the decisions that get made. 

• Like 6

• Admin
49 minutes ago, TomF said:

As someone at the very end of implementing ISO27001 am just staring at this **** up in amazement that it can even happen.  You are correct re GDPR but also that we’re also governed by DPA 2019 which took on lot of the EU DPA into our own separate ruling (keeping it simple)

Someone somewhere is probably getting pelters right now but I guess it depends who’s at fault here be it the data controller or processor…

Plot twist when it turns out the personal details we all saw were actually the people advanced testing it before release but they forgot to clear the fields before pressing go live.

• Haha 1

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Plot twist when it turns out the personal details we all saw were actually the people advanced testing it before release but they forgot to clear the fields before pressing go live.

Surely nobody is stupid enough to use real details in user testing 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I completely agree with your sentiments about Jerry.

What’s a concern though is if Jerry is being required to do ‘additional duties’, and especially if those take him away from his SLO role. I believe it’s a requirement of the EFL that every club has a SLO. And giving someone the job title of SLO but getting them to do something different doesn’t seem to me to meet that requirement.

So, potentially breaching not only GDPR but also EFL regs? 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I did say maybe I was being harsh. But is it really criticism to point out the truth. Prior to tonight he hadn’t logged on since July 4th and hadn’t posted any responses since May 18th. On the clubs biggest supporter forum, personally, I’d expect more ‘liaison’

If however he is being tasked with other roles, as @italian davepoints out above,the club are not allowing him to do his primary duties. 

They haven’t got him designing shirts have they..!!??

• Like 2

• Admin
28 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I completely agree with your sentiments about Jerry.

What’s a concern though is if Jerry is being required to do ‘additional duties’, and especially if those take him away from his SLO role. I believe it’s a requirement of the EFL that every club has a SLO. And giving someone the job title of SLO but getting them to do something different doesn’t seem to me to meet that requirement.

So, potentially breaching not only GDPR but also EFL regs? 

Not for me to discuss in detail on here, but you've got the wrong end of the stick by my post, he's certainly not sacrificed his BAU responsibilities 

• Thanks 1

Just now, phantom said:

Not for me to discuss in detail on here, but you've got the wrong end of the stick by my post, he's certainly not sacrificed his BAU responsibilities 

He’s not really engaged with this forum for a couple of years now which is very strange. Surely this forum is his biggest platform and quickest way to liaise with fans?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Henry said:

He’s not really engaged with this forum for a couple of years now which is very strange. Surely this forum is his biggest platform and quickest way to liaise with fans?

When I’ve contacted Jerry directly I’ve always had a prompt response, perhaps that’s the way forward with serious questions?

• Like 3

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Henry said:

I completely agree with you, but I was very surprised when I found out how much interaction he gets on a day to day basis from multiple fans and queries

I can't imagine what his workload is like at present regarding physical season tickets etc 

I guess the big problem is that OTIB isn't affiliated officially with Bristol City 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Well said Sir, a more selfless supporter, and latterly thankless task SLO, you couldn't wish to meet.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

I completely agree with you, but I was very surprised when I found out how much interaction he gets on a day to day basis from multiple fans and queries

I can't imagine what his workload is like at present regarding physical season tickets etc 

I guess the big problem is that OTIB isn't affiliated officially with Bristol City 

28 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I’ve messaged Jerry dozens of times on Twitter and I don’t think he’s ever not got back to me the same day. 

As others have mentioned OTIB isn’t linked with the club so why would he prioritise this over an official club twitter SLO account?

I have no doubt it’s true when people say he’s a nice guy and helpful when you have his attention. Surely he would get less messages if he communicates thing on mass. I imagine he is getting lots of queries on the same subject.

Twitter is not affiliated with the club either. He has an account platform on both. I don’t see why the forum should be different to social media.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Henry said:

I have no doubt it’s true when people say he’s a nice guy and helpful when you have his attention. Surely he would get less messages if he communicates thing on mass. I imagine he is getting lots of queries on the same subject.

Twitter is not affiliated with the club either. He has an account platform on both. I don’t see why the forum should be different to social media.

The Bristol City SLO Twitter account is the verified club official account so of course it’s affiliated with the club. 

• Like 1

Just now, OneTeamInBristol said:

The Bristol City SLO Twitter account is the verified club official account so of course it’s affiliated with the club. 

His account on here is verified as a club official.

It seems his main role is to face up with there is poor service from the retail or supporter services teams. If they did a better job then he had more chance to do his role effectively.

Should the SLO really be sorting individual ticketing issues or chasing up retail orders? 

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

His account on here is verified as a club official.

It seems his main role is to face up with there is poor service from the retail or supporter services teams. If they did a better job then he had more chance to do his role effectively.

Should the SLO really be sorting individual ticketing issues or chasing up retail orders? 

This whole forum isn’t affiliated to the club though. The twitter accounts are official City communication channels. That’s why he will, quite rightly, prioritise messages on there. 

• Confused 1

Just now, OneTeamInBristol said:

This whole forum isn’t affiliated to the club though. The twitter accounts are official City communication channels. That’s why he will, quite rightly, prioritise messages on there. 

You’re confusing platform and accounts.

neither Twitter or OTIB are affiliated with the club.

His OTIB and Twitter are verified. 

The point is he should be liaising with his biggest platform. I’m sure when the role was created, that was promised. Along with regular fan forums, meeting fans away the ground pre match etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Henry said:

You’re confusing platform and accounts.

neither Twitter or OTIB are affiliated with the club.

His OTIB and Twitter are verified. 

The point is he should be liaising with his biggest platform. I’m sure when the role was created, that was promised. Along with regular fan forums, meeting fans away the ground pre match etc.

I bet it wasn't, the Lansdown's are not one bit interested in fan interaction, it's their club don't forget

• Like 1