IGNORED

New website

BCFC1512

27 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

4500 requests apparently.

The 3,000 was from someone who most definitely would know - but he may have been underplaying it.

The worrying part is the 3,500+ who have not downloaded or requested a card.

As an aside, I know my "smart" phone won't work as it has no integrated scanning software, I have to use a third party application to scan barcodes, QR codes etc. It will not allow contact less scanning which is what is being used at AG. But, following a chat yesterday with someone at the ground, I went down earlier today to prove the pont as they wouldn't have it that the digital download has any problems with smart phones.

I got to the turnstile and the bloke at the turnstile was just letting people through on his card.

I said that this is supposed to be a test event for the digital cards, please don't do that I need to check my digital card. On scanning, lo and behold, it didn't work. So I asked him what I should do, his response was "dunno mate". Lady steward comes over and says its just a blip and to go to the ticket office. I tell her it isn't a "blip" and theres no point in going to the ticket office and I'll get a physical card thanks.

So, people just going through the turnstiles without using the digital download for a test event for the digital download.

I don't blame the club, its who they employ - that bloke at the turnstile thought he was doing people a favour, he was badly trained for the event and the club will have false positives in respect of how many worked.

I'll be going down to the PNE game early.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The 3,000 was from someone who most definitely would know - but he may have been underplaying it.

As an aside, I know my "smart" phone won't work as it has no integrated scanning software, I have to use a third party application to scan barcodes, QR codes etc. It will not allow contact less scanning which is what is being used at AG. But, following a chat yesterday with someone at the ground, I went down earlier today to prove the pont as they wouldn't have it that the digital download has any problems with smart phones.

I got to the turnstile and the bloke at the turnstile was just letting people through on his card.

I said that this is supposed to be a test event for the digital cards, please don't do that I need to check my digital card. On scanning, lo and behold, it didn't work. So I asked him what I should do, his response was "dunno mate". Lady steward comes over and says its just a blip and to go to the ticket office. I tell her it isn't a "blip" and theres no point in going to the ticket office and I'll get a physical card thanks.

So, people just going through the turnstiles without using the digital download for a test event for the digital download.

I don't blame the club, its who they employ - that bloke at the turnstile thought he was doing people a favour, he was badly trained for the event and the club will have false positives in respect of how many worked.

?

Jesus H. Apart from the actual playing side, there's very little to like about the club at the moment, is there..?

Just now, glynriley said:

?

Jesus H. Apart from the actual playing side, there's very little to like about the club at the moment, is there..?

As I said, I don't particulary blame the club.

But whoever is responsible for training the guy on the turnstiles (it may have been the same for other turnstiles, I don't know), should be challenged.

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Where was it said that today was a test event?
The digital ticket shows that the next valid event is the Preston game, which is why the scanners wouldn’t have picked it up today. 

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Any half arsed tester would use the address of the building that they were in

Yep....but considering they outsource the IT, the club won't employ testers.  The U in the UAT is key, and I've worked in development long enough to know that the end-users who test the product typically don't think that way.  They more often than not will go with what they do naturally and if that's putting in their real details, that's what they do.  The issue seems to be the database deployment, with Supporter Id's (probably top 1000, for instance) being replaced with the test users so that no testing emails etc go to real people, but it's all gone screwy somehow.  At least with it now working (or seeming to) we can take some comfort that they do actually take backups of the database!

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The digital ticket shows that the next valid event is the Preston game, which is why the scanners wouldn’t have picked it up today. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/meet-the-city-squad-2/

City Season Ticket holders will be able to gain entry through the Lower Lansdown turnstiles using their 2023/24 Digital Season Ticket with stewards on hand to support where required.

Prior to attending, supporters are advised to have downloaded their Digital Season Ticket to their Apple or Google Wallet via the email that will have been received on Thursday, July 6thClick here for Digital Ticketing FAQs.

Supporters who require assistance with downloading their Digital Season Ticket can receive support from our ticketing staff, who will be based at the Ashton Gate Ticket Office from midday onwards on Wednesday, July 26th.

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Ah right. The test is the first game of the season.

That makes sense.

I got that wrong then.

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

And that's exactly why I've requested physical season card I just don't trust the clowns running the place our club prem ready? We are a long way off that!

2 minutes ago, Street red said:

And that's exactly why I've requested physical season card I just don't trust the clowns running the place our club prem ready? We are a long way off that!

I honestly think the people running the club are more than capable, but if you pay peanuts...

• Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

As I said, I don't particulary blame the club.

You have to be having a laugh - the buck stops solely with them for this absolute shit show

The poor steward solved a problem of having lots of people backing up - it was advertised as a test event today

Management should have been all over this to see for themselves what was going on, in addition there should have been more stewards to learn how the system worked as well

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Already confirmed earlier in this thread from the club that it is 4,500

• Admin
1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

You would have had to apply for the additional ticket for today for it to show up

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I honestly think the people running the club are more than capable, but if you pay peanuts...

Are you aware of the multiple disasters around the club at the moment

I am absolutely amazed that you believe those running our club have any clue what is going on

1 minute ago, phantom said:

You have to be having a laugh - the buck stops solely with them for this absolute shit show

The poor steward solved a problem of having lots of people backing up - it was advertised as a test event today

Management should have been all over this to see for themselves what was going on, in addition there should have been more stewards to learn how the system worked as well

Were you there.? 

Thought I'd check our fixtures on the club app.

Apparently we're playing a friendly, a cup game and a league game all on Thursday 1st January, and Preston have adopted WBA's badge. SMH.

1am a bit of an inconvenient KO time as well.

Screenshot_20230726-163519.png

Edited by Sir Colby-Tit
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

• Admin
46 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Nope. Wrong. 

A lot more than some experts on here predicted.... 

Well unless you know better than our SLO 

Screenshot_20230726_171609_Samsung Internet.jpg

50 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Were you there.? 

You think the club are not at fault for the chaos today? 

Who employed the staff? 

Who briefed the staff? 

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

Well unless you know better than our SLO 

Screenshot_20230726_171609_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wouldn't presume to know better than the SLO on any subject, but I was at a meeting at Ashton Gate where this was brought up by a person who would know and the figures were 8,000 downloads, 3,000 requests, and the rest neither one or the other.  I have no reason to dispute those figures.

On 24/07/2023 at 23:24, Pickle Rick said:

Out of curiosity, what was the response? I’m still waiting on one or two things!

The parcel arrived. It contained the pair of shorts that don’t fit, I can find a home for them, a key ring spelling out ROBINS, I can see why they can’t get rid of them and a lanyard with Bristol City v Man City written on it?! 

So after 3 months nothing arrived that I ordered and unless anyone wants them the last 2 items will go in the bin. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I wouldn't presume to know better than the SLO on any subject, but I was at a meeting at Ashton Gate where this was brought up by a person who would know and the figures were 8,000 downloads, 3,000 requests, and the rest neither one or the other.  I have no reason to dispute those figures.

Perhaps since the meeting 1500 of the ‘no replies’ have now requested physical season tickets.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Fair shout, but we've sold a few thousand more since then so that would explain the difference in numbers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Jerry sitting on 1500 that came in while he was on holiday?

(Only joking Jerry ??)

• Haha 1

Came across my first issue with the new website today. Not possible to pay for a Portsmouth match pass as the packages site on Robins TV doesn’t let you insert your payment card details. Was never an issue on the previous site. Saved myself a fiver but hope they sort this before a more important match! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Street red said:

I keep being charged double so today I got charged £10 two £5 transactions through pay Pal the third time it's happened now, Each time I've emailed to get my money refunded now looks like I have to do it again and now want an explanation to why it keeps happening.

Someone else on the match thread said they were charged double as well. Fortunately, I got away with only one £5 on PayPal, but I have always paid by credit card in the past. That option was not available today, **** knows why???

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Someone else on the match thread said they were charged double as well. Fortunately, I got away with only one £5 on PayPal, but I have always paid by credit card in the past. That option was not available today, **** knows why???

Must be a system issue then but it has continued on from last season ,To be honest I didn't try by card so I'm not sure why that's the case,The club's really frustrating me at the minute with everything all hard work but should be really simple . Hopefully I get a refund but probably not until Monday now.

Edited by Street red