IGNORED

Bristol City/Bristol Sport Corporate Update

ExiledAjax

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh I heard that parking, including disabled parking, prices had skyrocketed. Up to something like £450 a season!

Disabled parking should be free. No ifs or buts about it. 

The likelihood is that most disabled people are likely to be on low incomes. City previously raised the prices of disabled tickets but they do maintain the free carers ticket. 

Those that most need a parking space are unlikely to be able to afford one and that puts another barrier in the way of attending games. 

The club is an absolute mess off of thr pitch right now.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

He doesn't show as having ever been a director of either Bristol City Holdings (incorporated in 1980) or (obviously) Bristol City Football Club (Inc. 1996). Could have been on the board of a company that was in the structure in the 80s but is no longer alive or involved.

He was an investor . Put money into the Club and then was invited onto the Board , if Memory serves.
I can't find anything either, I'll try and search my books, but I am 100% I read he'd been asked to join the board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Disabled parking should be free. No ifs or buts about it. 

The likelihood is that most disabled people are likely to be on low incomes. City previously raised the prices of disabled tickets but they do maintain the free carers ticket. 

Those that most need a parking space are unlikely to be able to afford one and that puts another barrier in the way of attending games. 

The club is an absolute mess off of thr pitch right now.

The only reason I don’t kick up a fuss about the cost of disabled parking is because of the free carer ticket I get.  My real thinking is it (parking) should be free.  I appreciate not everyone will agree, and I get that too. 

I would happily park on the streets somewhere if I could guarantee:

• rear access to get Joe out - not everyone is gonna be bothered to read the sticker on the back of my van to say give me a few metres gap
  • pavements we’re clear, enough drop down kerbs to get around any obstacles.

I could park on double yellows, but 3 hours isn’t enough and I’ll still might have to contend with the second bullet.

The club have done some good things like the positions of the wheelchair sections, they are in great positions, but they do let themselves down on other things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The only reason I don’t kick up a fuss about the cost of disabled parking is because of the free carer ticket I get.  My real thinking is it (parking) should be free.  I appreciate not everyone will agree, and I get that too. 

I would happily park on the streets somewhere if I could guarantee:

• rear access to get Joe out - not everyone is gonna be bothered to read the sticker on the back of my van to say give me a few metres gap
  • pavements we’re clear, enough drop down kerbs to get around any obstacles.

I could park on double yellows, but 3 hours isn’t enough and I’ll still might have to contend with the second bullet.

The club have done some good things like the positions of the wheelchair sections, they are in great positions, but they do let themselves down on other things.

I do wish they would change the name from carer to personal assistant but thats my own personal preference. 

I totally get that parking is limited but I just don't feel comfortable with them charging disabled people to park at the ground. People like your Joe need to be able to park close to the ground. It just doesn't sit comfortably with me that we profit from someone having a disability. I don't like that.

You and others are not wanting to park close because you want to, you're doing so because you need to and I don't think we should be charging people that need to a premium because they need to. 

For a club that did so much good during lockdowns and continue to do good with the away meals, it's bizarre how when it comes to disabilities. We are not where we should be. 

The carers ticket and the wheelchair sections are fantastic but I feel like there is so much more than can and should be done to make the matchday experience as enjoyable as possible for disabled fans. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

He was an investor . Put money into the Club and then was invited onto the Board , if Memory serves.
I can't find anything either, I'll try and search my books, but I am 100% I read he'd been asked to join the board.

100% yes. Whether or not they registered TC at Companies House I don't know, but the club definitely listed him as a director in their match day programs in the mid 80s.

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

For those of us with season parking tickets at Wickes (me) and the other one (name escapes me) they’ve only offered us 6 months parking this season.  I assume this is because they might start work on those sites early next year.

Midas. That’s where our shared parking pass is. We car share.