IGNORED

Professional foul

Redandproud

13 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Not sure, I'll have to check. I thought the guidelines were just around the foul and not where it took place, but quite probable that I'm mistaken. Either way, I thought the foul was in the box anyway, wasn't it?

Was well outside the box. 

The double jeopardy rule only applies to fouls in the box. Should have been a red card. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

It has to be given as a foul for there to be a sending off! 

it is not Gill’s first season in the EFL coming up. It’s his second. 

Yea, in my opinion he didn't give the foul because if he did then there would have been no other option but to send him off so as its a friendly he had a word with the manager to sub him off.

17 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

That’s only in the penalty area though isn’t it. Professional foul outside the box is still a red whether there is a genuine attempt or not. 

I don’t know what the definition of a professional foul is, but I’d have thought it involved not making a genuine attempt at getting the ball?

35 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I think it’s anything that stops a goal scoring opportunity, being the last man comes under that. 

But trying to stop the last man by a fair tackle that turns out to be late, would not be a professional foul in my eyes. Cynical is probably the best word, and that basically involves stopping the player instead of the ball.

I think the rules are based around denying a goal scoring opportunity.  Red card unless it’s in the box, when double jeopardy means a yellow if it’s a genuine attempt.

On Saturday I assume Gill didn’t think it was a foul. That was therefore the end of it.

Had he given a foul, as WSM says he’d have probably asked for the defender to be subbed.

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

I don’t know what the definition of a professional foul is, but I’d have thought it involved not making a genuine attempt at getting the ball?

Typically anything done delibaretely to gain an advantage - think Chiellini pulling back Saka in the Euro final

20 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

You really did spell it wrong... I was thinking you meant Gurnham Singh, not Jarnail Singh! The rest of my reply below still stands though!

Was he really? That would explain a lot. Gurnham Singh, Vic Callow and Lester Shapter era was a dark one for refereeing

Thanks for the correction,?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, there was a feature on him on ITV’s EFL Highlights last season.

Memories of his dad weren’t good though ???

20 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

It has to be given as a foul for there to be a sending off! 

it is not Gill’s first season in the EFL coming up. It’s his second. 

Still, he was awful, miles behind the sending off offence, let alot of ugly fouls go without punishment, ,