IGNORED

ChatGPT Bristol City research

Olé

I don't think we have much to fear from Artificial Intelligence

Screenshot2023-07-30at17_17_04.thumb.png.63ff9b5dfc09cbc03ef48d8e75c63980.png

Screenshot2023-07-30at17_19_17.thumb.png.9d26f74a0fb657d95fe2c3193bed238a.png

My personal favourite. The reference to IFK Göteborg is sublime.

Screenshot2023-07-30at17_22_20.thumb.png.99ce091558c9cea5da35412504fef1c2.png

You can really go down the rabbit hole with ChatGPT trying to find out what data it is looking at to think all these things (and more) are facts.

If you ask it, it will even give you real links to reliable football sites like Transfermarkt or Wikipedia where it thinks it has learned these things - only the links relate to completely obscure alternative footballers. In some cases it will just start making up footballers that sound realistic and have a realistic back story but are completely concocted. Eventually it apologises profusely when it cannot provide any real evidence for example of Callum O'Dowda being Indonesian. I thought one reliable feature of AI was it is self-learning. But ask it any number of questions about example footballers from Bristol City and it will keep on doing this.

Example - ask it to name a Bristol City player who has played in Serie A. I would have hoped it might figure out Eros Pisano, Adam Nagy, and Milan Djuric. Instead it told me Nahki Wells played for Udinese.

Example - ask it to name a Bristol City player who has played in the MLS. It might have found enough data to point out Bradley Orr. Nope, it told me that Andreas Weimann currently plays for FC Cincinnati.

https://chat.openai.com/

• Haha 9

It certainly isn't intelligence, assuming we can agree on a single definition of intelligence, and of course it doesn't think but it can certainly fabricate stuff. But we have to say it hallucinates rather than it lies.?

Harmless in this case but there could be real world consequences in other cases if people take it at face value.

But has it done a 1-24 prediction for the Championship this season??

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

AI is why we don’t really need to worry about climate change. In time it will get more and more powerful and will successfully find the solution to solve climate worries by getting rid of us.

Hopefully I’ve exhausted my pension pot and I can save on cremation expenses!

On 30/07/2023 at 22:04, Ian M said:

AI is why we don’t really need to worry about climate change. In time it will get more and more powerful and will successfully find the solution to solve climate worries by getting rid of us.

Or literally blow all the world's smoke up our arses.

23 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

It's bollocks ain't it.

Just like our former player, Ivan Testiclestanu!