IGNORED

Deliberate?

northsomersetred

Nope, absolutely not for me. The foot comes down in a natural movement based on the turn movement before. The defender is over extended and that means it looks worse on weight distribution. Attacker stops as soon as he’s realised what’s happened indicating it’s not intentional.

Horrible accident. No more than that.

• Like 5

The most innocent leg break in all of football I think, pure unlucky. Think Marcelo's reaction tells you that it wasn't deliberate too - in tears walking off the pitch.

On a less sympathetic view - Not a red card for me, dribbling the ball and a complete accident, reminds me of I think Son on Aurier when he was sent off for the injury rather than the foul.

35 minutes ago, WoodsDTES said:

Looks to me to be a dislocated knee rather than leg break so would depend on the ligament damage as to how bad/long he would be out for. Is there an update on what he’s done?

Broken leg, https://talksport.com/football/1518963/marcelo-sent-off-tears-leg-break-tackle/

or

Dislocated Knee https://apnews.com/article/argentinos-broken-leg-luciano-sanchez-marcelo-4b2244a99eac0e9790f5bff3cbb25050

Local media say doctors at the Sanatorio Finochietto hospital estimated Sánchez’ recovery time between eight and 12 months due to the incident.

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal
No idea bloody press

2 hours ago, BCFCAL said:

The most innocent leg break in all of football I think, pure unlucky. Think Marcelo's reaction tells you that it wasn't deliberate too - in tears walking off the pitch.

On a less sympathetic view - Not a red card for me, dribbling the ball and a complete accident, reminds me of I think Son on Aurier when he was sent off for the injury rather than the foul.

The hyperbole always interests me, the original tweet says "the worst injury of all time" which is very likely wrong. Even in football, off the top of my head (no pun intended) Ryan Mason and Petr Cech's head injuries spring to mind. Possibly not even the worst leg break, depending on severity of the outcome. I'm sure many of us remember David Busst as being very nasty but Djibril Cisse's was awful too.

And then on that note "most innocent", Cisse's probably comes under that too - they were running alongside each other if I recall. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

The hyperbole always interests me, the original tweet says "the worst injury of all time" which is very likely wrong. Even in football, off the top of my head (no pun intended) Ryan Mason and Petr Cech's head injuries spring to mind. Possibly not even the worst leg break, depending on severity of the outcome. I'm sure many of us remember David Busst as being very nasty but Djibril Cisse's was awful too.

And then on that note "most innocent", Cisse's probably comes under that too - they were running alongside each other if I recall. 

Very true, everyone exaggerates from time to time though don't they! Most innocent may be one of them instances, but there's no intention there whatsoever, certainly not deliberate like the title of this thread suggests!