IGNORED

Big Nige's Pre-Season "Presser"

Porto Red

19 minutes ago, CTIDhc said:

Who was the last to question Nige? Get the impression that Nige wasn't too sweet on him haha

I think it’s often about the type of questions rather than the person asking them, that might come over as somewhat curt. Although you could argue he’s actually answering the question honestly. 

7 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

It’s exactly 35 years of being a Bristol City fan.

What’s that definition of madness again?

I know you're being ironic, that it's a rhetorical question and you (and nearly everyone else) already know the answer, but I can't resist supplying it anyway, for the benefit of those who may not be familiar with Albert Einstein's famous reply, when asked to define madness: "Repeating the same actions and expecting a different outcome". Devastatingly simple. By this criterion, I am, as a supporter of 62 years and counting, completely stark, raving bonkers. I'm in good company, though: what's the total membership of OTIB...? 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Aha, so now we have it - your relentless quiet, understated optimism and cheerfulness on here is less than honest. How can we be sure that your optimism this time, above, is not just more of this dishonest optimism you have, we now know, been fooling us with for years? 

Always optimistic but this season is the third for NP and he have built a good team. Fact is we have a stronger team, mind and heart says its gonna be good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The squad is definitely the best we've had for a while but we don't know how that compares to our opponents, there aren't many poor sides at first glance, we'll have a better idea after 10 games or so. I've taught myself not to get too excited after so many false starts.

Still can’t believe we went down after putting 4 past cardiff and Palace in August  2012, we looked red hot 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Still can’t believe we went down after putting 4 past cardiff and Palace in August  2012, we looked red hot 

We lacked that key centre back- we were heavily linked with Monk in late August 2012. Injuries probably played a role too, I remember two or three left backs getting terrible injuries in quick succession in September 2012.

We had little problem with scoring goals for good periods under Mcinnes that year but at the other end...

4-1, 4-1, 3-5, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3, 4-5...off the top of my head by mid to late October!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous