IGNORED

Big Nige's Pre-Season "Presser"

Porto Red

Personally I have a lot of love for our current manager. I just think he's perfect for where we are now and where we have been over the previous few seasons. I imagine that he inspires similar levels of devotion in the playing squad and am filled with perhaps more than the usual August optimism

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/interviews/pearson-previews-season-opener-3/

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Robin 2

As with every season, I expect we’re going to get promoted. This expectation will start to diminish from Saturday onwards but will remain quite high until Christmas. From there, it will free fall to thoughts of relegation but will bounce to lower mid table albeit with an uptick in the last few games that resets the expectation cycle for next season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

5 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

As with every season, I expect we’re going to get promoted. This expectation will start to diminish from Saturday onwards but will remain quite high until Christmas. From there, it will free fall to thoughts of relegation but will bounce to lower mid table albeit with an uptick in the last few games that resets the expectation cycle for next season.

A perfect summary of expectation 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

Brilliant summation. If I didn't know better, that reads like one of Nick Hornby's "football as a metaphor for life" monologues.

Is life shit because City are shit, or the other way round?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

First season for a long while Im honestly optimistic. Think we got the chance to be top six. As NP says we are more fit and it can make we do less errors. Long season but with hard work and some luck we can make it. Not gonna be a walk in the park, he he. COYR 

Aha, so now we have it - your relentless quiet, understated optimism and cheerfulness on here is less than honest. How can we be sure that your optimism this time, above, is not just more of this dishonest optimism you have, we now know, been fooling us with for years?