IGNORED

Heineken Lounge package - is it worth it?

Daniro

I'm back in town for a short spell and me and the current Ms Daniro fancied giving ourselves a last minute treat to watch the opening game of the season.  

Seems there's no decent seats left together so I'm thinking of splashing out £90 each for this package - Guest speaker - Paul Cheesley.   My, I used to sing I'd walk a million miles for one his goals ...  £180 to hear him speak and maybe even eat cheese from the open buffet in his presence with the complimentary bottle of Heineken!?   What's not to like apart from the hefty price tag.   Might be more entertaining per pound spent than a fancy restaurant for our wedding anniversary however, and the Mrs has fond memories of seeing City knock Chelsea out of the cup many moons ago.

Heineken Lounge is  between the Dolman and the stand formerly known as East, isn't it?

Or is the whole experience too grim and the view sh!te?

1 minute ago, Daniro said:

I'm back in town for a short spell and me and the current Ms Daniro fancied giving ourselves a last minute treat to watch the opening game of the season.  

Seems there's no decent seats left together so I'm thinking of splashing out £90 each for this package - Guest speaker - Paul Cheesley.   My, I used to sing I'd walk a million miles for one his goals ...  £180 to hear him speak and maybe even eat cheese from the open buffet in his presence with the complimentary bottle of Heineken!?   What's not to like apart from the hefty price tag.   Might be more entertaining per pound spent than a fancy restaurant for our wedding anniversary however, and the Mrs has fond memories of seeing City knock Chelsea out of the cup many moons ago.

Heineken Lounge is  between the Dolman and the stand formerly known as East, isn't it?

Heineken Lounge sign is there but believe seats are in the Lansdown/South Stand corner of the stadium (ie, where away fans used to sit in the wedlock) and they are situated relatively high up. That being said you are not getting a great view, one that would cost 30 quid usually and less than that with a membership, so hardly a premium experience when it comes to watching the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniro said:

Cheese is the host. So he'll be interviewing an ex-player too, like Carey or Chris Honor.

I've had mixed experiences there, and it is quite a bit of money for what it is. But you are paying for the exclusivity of having your own quiet corner of the ground with a nice bar and venue, live music and a couple of ex-players you can chat to.

My main complaint is the last time I went the food was crap. But I've been when it's been good too. I reckon opening game of the season it'll be decent as the club will want everything on point. 

On balance, for the experience, personally I'd go for it.

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniro said:

90 is good value I reckon. I’ve paid a lot more for certain games and was invited as a guest of the Club once. Obviously that one was good value. ?

I’ve met quite a few players over the years in there. The Cheese is always pretty much host and does a nice job of it 

My favorite was Shaun Goater. I asked him which was his favorite goal for us and he said dunno I got so many. ? 

My favorites were the two he bagged at Millwall with Oxo and Oxo senior sitting in the Millwall end. Not sure that was ever my smartest momen!

Edited by REDOXO

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Cheese is the host. So he'll be interviewing an ex-player too, like Carey or Chris Honor.

I've had mixed experiences there, and it is quite a bit of money for what it is. But you are paying for the exclusivity of having your own quiet corner of the ground with a nice bar and venue, live music and a couple of ex-players you can chat to.

My main complaint is the last time I went the food was crap. But I've been when it's been good too. I reckon opening game of the season it'll be decent as the club will want everything on point. 

On balance, for the experience, personally I'd go for it.

Missed a trick here by not calling it Cheese On Host.

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Daniro said:

None of my business, but can't help wondering how many previous and future Ms Daniros there were and will be?

:dunno:

:innocent06:

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Daniro said:

I've always enjoyed it TBH

Has anyone done hospitality in the Heineken lounge? If so, what did you think?

I know season-ticket holders get 10% off, but that seems to equate to less than a tenner.

So is it worth it? 

Edited by Jacs

I've done it a few times, especially if I'm with friends who support the opposition as you can get away with it there as ling ss they're sensible. 

It's a pretty good experience. They used to give you your season card money pro rata back but now its just 10% which doesn't seem fair.

Also my seat is much nicer than the one's offered in the HL.

All in all I'd only do it now if there was an offer in or I had friends who supported the opposition and we wanted to sit together. 

• Like 2

• Admin

After being a guest of Heineken in the box next to the directors etc, this always felt like a come down

I would prefer if there was a package that let people sit in their normal seat as those in the corner are awful

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Dead handy to head in there when the football is dour. 

It's called the concourse

• Like 1