IGNORED

Antoni

bristol_dunc

4 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

Assuming I'm missing a joke here. But just to be clear Climate change causes erratic weather changes, including storms. It affects the intensity and frequency of precipitation. Warmer oceans increase the amount of water that evaporates into the air. When more moisture-laden air moves over land or converges into a storm system, it can produce more intense precipitation—for example, heavier rain.

You just sent me to sleep

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

Assuming I'm missing a joke here. But just to be clear Climate change causes erratic weather changes, including storms. It affects the intensity and frequency of precipitation. Warmer oceans increase the amount of water that evaporates into the air. When more moisture-laden air moves over land or converges into a storm system, it can produce more intense precipitation—for example, heavier rain.

Well I don't like swimming in a cold sea, the warmer the better, bring it on

• Sad 1

• Admin
5 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

9 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

let me get this once and for all if it's been hot for the time of year that's climate change if it's cold ditto, if it's particularly wet at any time or dry that's also climate change. I'm a bit confused it sounds like one of those double-headed coins where you always win whatever the outcome, look I'm not saying we are not living through a time where there are extremes but none of the things that have happened are unprecedented. I won't be around nor most of you either when future generations look back at us with either admiration or ridicule for our beliefs, but can we please not keep banging on about it, as what we do unless the real culprits (China India and the USA) get on board, will make little difference, rant over.   

Edited by pillred
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

That response is far too well-informed and sensible. Don’t be bringing your science on here.

16 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

Thankyou Greta.

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Met Check weather map shows a potential gap in the rain from 1pm so could be ok although windy!

IMG_6236.png

IMG_6237.png

IMG_6238.png

IMG_6239.png

IMG_6240.png

DarkSky (now part of Apple Weather) is remarkably accurate localised forecasting. As recently as an hour ago it was showing rain until nearly 5pm - it's just updated to show nothing after midday at AG. IMG_6365.thumb.jpeg.45565fb55eec93fffd57e7ff30622e19.jpeg

• Like 1

Listening to the news today you would have thought the world was gonna end today 

it’s a bit of wind & rain ffs when it was hot in June we were being told to drink plenty of water put sun cream on and uv levels are high 

for god sake what has the world come to its weather surely we have the brains to adapt to the situation let’s be fair it happens everyday of our lives 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, redkev said:

Listening to the news today you would have thought the world was gonna end today 

it’s a bit of wind & rain ffs when it was hot in June we were being told to drink plenty of water put sun cream on and uv levels are high 

for god sake what has the world come to its weather surely we have the brains to adapt to the situation let’s be fair it happens everyday of our lives 

As Billy Connolly once as said, there’s no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, redkev said:

Have they over egged the STORM , been a bit miserable but nothing too bad or have I spoke to soon ?

Met Office were open about the fact they're only calling a storm due to the number of people expected to be travelling / camping / at festivals etc. today to raise awareness but it was never expected to be anything wildly out of the ordinary. The worst of it has been and gone

image.thumb.png.2a6c1be5e4547cd77f688ff12a1a48fb.png

Edited by BCFC101

2 hours ago, redkev said:

It's the new agenda. 

World Climate Crisis weather reporting. 

Just look at Germany FFS...??

Edited by spudski
  • Haha 1