IGNORED

Wednesday night

Redandproud

Save stating a new thread on a busy weekend, how do people think we line up Weds. Strong to get the home win, youngsters to protect our fairly thin squad, or a mix? Think I’d do something like (433):

O’Leary: Tanner, Vyner, Araoye, Pring: Williams, Knight, King: Cornick, Wells, Mehmeti.

It’s a lot of tough calls, but my thinking was to keep Dickie, James, Sykes and Conway on ice until the war with Millwall. Hopefully we see one or two back from injury (Weimann? Naismith?) which would of course change things.

Edited by BCFCGav

27 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Save stating a new thread on a busy weekend, how do people think we line up Weds. Strong to get the home win, youngsters to protect our fairly thin squad, or a mix? Think I’d do something like (433):

O’Leary: Tanner, Vyner, Araoye, Pring: Williams, Knight, King: Cornick, Wells, Mehmeti.

It’s a lot of tough calls, but my thinking was to keep Dickie, James, Sykes and Conway on ice until the war with Millwall. Hopefully we see one or two back from injury (Weimann? Naismith?) which would of course change things.

My take on yesterday was our non competitive preseason left us short of match sharpness.  Hope Pearson plays a strong eleven with a view to uping the ante and playing with a lot more intensity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I expect to see something like:

Max, Tanner, Vyner, Dickie, Roberts, Williams, King, Knight, Sykes, Conway, Mehmeti

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

18 hours ago, Malago said:

My take on yesterday was our non competitive preseason left us short of match sharpness.  Hope Pearson plays a strong eleven with a view to uping the ante and playing with a lot more intensity.

I think Saturday's result has certainly meant Nige will be even more focused on delivering a first home win of the season on Wednesday. 

I expect a strong, experienced line-up with no kids thrown in like the Lincoln game last season. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think Saturday's result has certainly meant Nige will be even more focused on delivering a first home win of the season on Wednesday. 

I expect a strong, experienced line-up with no kids thrown in like the Lincoln game last season. 

The Coventry game at Burton is the equivalent match from last season. We went into that off the back of the opening day loss away at Hull, went pretty strong, and romped to a 4-1 win at the Pirelli. I say we went strong, I guess the note is that Conway was considered a young buck at that point, Pring and Wilson were also not where they are now.

So I think based on that (if you can base anything on that), I'd expect 9 or 10 first team players with possibly one young wildcard such as Araoye in amongst it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

The Coventry game at Burton is the equivalent match from last season. We went into that off the back of the opening day loss away at Hull, went pretty strong, and romped to a 4-1 win at the Pirelli. I say we went strong, I guess the note is that Conway was considered a young buck at that point, Pring and Wilson were also not where they are now.

So I think based on that (if you can base anything on that), I'd expect 9 or 10 first team players with possibly one young wildcard such as Araoye in amongst it.

Sort of agree but my recollection was and no I haven't checked:

Hull, Sunderland- Lost and Lost, then Coventry followed.

On 06/08/2023 at 13:28, BCFCGav said:

While Nige will want to rest some and give others a run, injuries will again hamper out choices. The only change we can make are Araoye , Conway , Roberts , Sykes and Mehmeti getting starts .
King in for James to save him from 3 90s in a week..
It will be a fairly strong side, but I think Pearson will want to spread the work load.

13 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wasn’t just the result but the performance more than anything I think.

14 hours ago, JackMarch said:

Don’t know if anyone can help but a friend of mine wants to know the best place pregame on Wednesday to get autographs/selfies with the players as they come in. Where abouts is that possible does anyone know? 

Atyeo/Lansdown corner where the busses arrive

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Correct

We had lost two games before smashing Cov. Then went up to Wigan and should have won

Yes, but for that Bennett non red card.

We were in pole position- goal up early, playing alright and a sweltering hot day. Bennett reacts in a manner befitting of a red..and gets booked!! Only booked.

The fact we would Have been a goal up v 10, on the road in the sweltering heat that combination would really have helped. Able to hit on the break a goal up as away side, gaps opening up v 10 in 30 degree heat etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous