IGNORED

Tommy Conway

2 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

I asked for some reflection, not necessarily laying the blame at his door, but I would be disappointed at an elite level if the loads weren't looked at with so many injuries early doors after a seemingly heavy beasting on the pre-season tour.

One is ill, one was a contact injury, Naismith was injured before the so called "beasting" what does that leave? Two players with ACL's and now a hamstring? Scott has swelling on the knee also from a knock. I am just trying to put things in perspective here before people start waving the pitchforks and storming the barricades.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Said it loads of times. We are a quality striker light.  We have two and now one is injured. Two isn’t enough for a play off push for this very reason.   No amount of confused emojis from posters make this untrue! 

How many "quality strikers" can we realistically expect to have? We effectively play with 1 striker. How do we convince a good Championship striker to come and be our 3rd choice? How do we justify the amount we'd have to pay him vs the number of minutes he'd be likely to get?

This is sh*t luck, but we're not really in a position to be investing notable amounts in 3rd choice players. It's just not realistic for us (nor is it realistic for 90% of football clubs).

• Like 1

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not the pitches they train on though? 

They changed the HPC pitch as well this summer.

I know they don’t train on the HPC main pitch that much anyway.  The rest of the training pitches won’t be Desso (the previous type)….imagine the cost.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

FFS.

McCrorie is a viral infection

Andi is a bruised foot (impact)

Alex is a swollen knee (likely movement)

Aymon is an ACL and long term as is Atkinson.

If it was loads of hamstrings you may have a point. This isn’t, it’s luck.

Which is pretty obvious, but needed to be said.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

How many "quality strikers" can we realistically expect to have? We effectively play with 1 striker. How do we convince a good Championship striker to come and be our 3rd choice? How do we justify the amount we'd have to pay him vs the number of minutes he'd be likely to get?

This is sh*t luck, but we're not really in a position to be investing notable amounts in 3rd choice players. It's just not realistic for us (nor is it realistic for 90% of football clubs).

Your third choice quality striker is someone who can also play wide in my opinion so gets in the team primarily as a winger. Aka Cornick but better! 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Our injuries are among the worst in the League over the last few years am fairly sure of it.

You are one of the posters that follows other teams more closely than I would ever have a care to, although mainly from a financial viewpoint, but if you say that then I am assuming it's true. I'd like to know if it has improved under Rennie though.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Prove it.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You are one of the posters that follows other teams more closely than I would ever have a care to, although mainly from a financial viewpoint, but if you say that then I am assuming it's true. I'd like to know if it has improved under Rennie though.

Probably just borne of frustration. It feels like it anyway, maybe it's the norm but cannot help but feel that something isn't right- will certainly try and seek out come comparisons.

• Haha 1

Did think he seemed a bit “off” from the limited time we saw him on the pitch on Saturday….didn’t quite seem as sharp as we are used to seeing him, so could well be something that has carried over from the pre-season knock that has just led on to this. Massive shame for him & us.

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He played 46 games that season. 

Little missed a fair few with his shoulder injury late that season. Hence why Tavernier played quite a few matches towards the end of the season (including the 6-0 v Bradford) 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Probably just borne of frustration. It feels like it anyway, maybe it's the norm but cannot help but feel that something isn't right- will certainly try and seek out come comparisons.

Well the only comparison I have seen so far is Leeds who have 12 out. Looking across the river the Gas have 6 out I think I read. 

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess gone are the days when ST's are thrown at the dugout to signal displeasure ?

I once threw my ST at David Russe  in the Directors box. In my ( slightly Blackthorn) mind it skimmed about 10 rows like a frisbee and landed right by him.

Trouble was that it had three games left in it. I had to embarrassingly go to the office to see if it had been handed in. It had- by someone a massive three seats away from mine who found it under his seat as he told me next home game.

I always like to think that Russe had seen me do it and bunged it right back at me but I suspect that's not quite as it happened.

• Haha 10

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I once threw my ST at David Russe  in the Directors box. In my ( slightly Blackthorn) mind it skimmed about 10 rows like a frisbee and landed right by him.

Trouble was that it had three games left in it. I had to embarrassingly go to the office to see if it had been handed in. It had- by someone a massive three seats away from mine who found it under his seat as he told me next home game.

I always like to think that Russe had seen me do it and bunged it right back at me but I suspect that's not quite as it happened.

I like that story ?

• Like 1

Not bothered reading pages 2-5 as just a load of bandwaggoners going spare cause we have an injury to an important player.

So many ott posts, its unfortunate but it happens, shame its to Tommy as I was looking forward to seeing him this season.

A couple of ACLs which are coming towards the end of recuperation, a couple of normal impact injuries, a hamstring, and one with a virus of some description and some are way ott trying to apportion blame ! Ridiculous.

Sack Rennie :laughcont:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1