IGNORED

Advice needed.

redsontour

Ok, so I am struggling and need advice…my daughter’s godfather has a son (stick with me)…that boy is a fantastic player and has had an extraordinary youth career..I have obviously followed him since then, and celebrated each milestone…that kid now needs to play first team football and his parent club have agreed he can go on loan..the issue is that pole position, for a number of reasons, is, umm…a certain North Bristol outfit…not a done deal, but it doesn’t sound positive. 

Clearly I am making a considerable number of presentations to his father as to why this isn’t a good idea, but, if it did happen, should I 

a) Suck it in and take in a few games at IKEA.

b) Slightly suck it in and watch a few away games, meaning I could sit somewhere else.

c) just ignore the whole thing and hope we play them in the FA cup.

d) Cut all ties and find myself a new friend and my daughter a new godfather?

It’s a difficult time…

• Haha 8

I had similar when my nephew signed for their academy. Fortunately for me he decided fairly early on that he didn`t want to pursue a pro career and his parents were slightly relieved as they couldn`t really afford to keep dragging up and back from Taunton several times a week.

He doesn`t regret his decision as he landed a job coaching at a very good Public School.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Go and watch him play for whoever…to get as far as he has is great…you maybe able to say “I was there when x made his league debut for Rovers”….perhaps not on OTIB though.

…and could be the middleman in his high profile transfer to the little team south of the river…

18 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I had similar when my nephew signed for their academy. Fortunately for me he decided fairly early on that he didn`t want to pursue a pro career and his parents were slightly relieved as they couldn`t really afford to keep dragging up and back from Taunton several times a week.

He doesn`t regret his decision as he landed a job coaching at a very good Public School.

Good choice, their "Academy " is a complete cluster.

If they devoted any money/effort they could pick up talent from the Gloucstershire area, and a load of the BIC boys. They don't seem to be bothered though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

If they devoted any money/effort they could pick up talent from the Gloucstershire area, and a load of the BIC boys. They don't seem to be bothered though.

It is now but this was about fifteen years ago when I think things were better there?

7 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

They are looking to get CAT2 academy status.

If that happens (doubful, I think they may get CAT3) then we should push the boat out for CAT1.

Some of my wifes family,(an uncle and some cousins) are diehard gasheads and go home and away apparently.The cousins son was a good prospect and was offered a place in Citys academy,his family blocked him from joining.He has been trouble ever since then and just went completely away from football.I actually felt sorry for him!