IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Our season is going nowhere. Wouldn’t we be better investing in the summer than spending enormous loan fees now?

4 points off playoffs. I think you are probably right but nice to send the message to the squad we will upgrade when we can. 

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Our season is going nowhere. Wouldn’t we be better investing in the summer than spending enormous loan fees now?

4 points off playoffs. I think you are probably right but nice to send the message to the squad we will upgrade when we can. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

It’s only a temporary upgrade to the squad though if there is no option to buy. 

6 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

It’s only a temporary upgrade to the squad though if there is no option to buy. 

I imagine we’ll protect ourselves with some sort of option if he is a stellar fit. 

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Not sure on their source for this but looks like it maybe happening?

https://www.not606.com/threads/january-transfer-thread.409767/page-152

Very good source it is happening

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shuffle said:

Could Sykes at number 10 be worth a shout as skilful, fast & scored a few.  He’s technically very good and much as I love Knight he’s so not a 10 & this frees him up to drop deeper where he will be even better. Surely it’s easier and less money to sign a Right sided forward/winger than a 10?

It’s where he was gonna play predominantly when signed, being groomed to compete with Andi Weimann.  He’s played there before.

Ive got to say, I’m struggling to work out his Manning really wants us to set up.  Which makes recruitment hard to second guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I imagine we’ll protect ourselves with some sort of option if he is a stellar fit. 

Very good source it is happening

Are Hull paying a loan fee? I take it we will be? I'd imagine the Hull fans will be pretty narked off about this.

16 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Burnley aren’t Liverpool etc so maybe more realistic but a loan is the ideal answer , and for all the gloom of yesterday we are 4 points outside the playoffs so at least potentially not yet going nowhere 

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

How does him moving to us on loan, benefit Burnley?

At a guess, they have so many options in that 3 behind the striker, reportedly interested in Benson/Zaroury from them as well they may think he might not get as much game time when everyone is in/fit?

If we want Knight in the CM slot rather than 10 then it opens an easy hole for him to get consistent game time. 

• Like 1

Be a very good signing if the money is right. Not sure I like a loan with no option - very short term-ist. He’d be cup tied out of the FA Cup and I don’t see him firing us to the play-offs single-handedly so seems like big wages for no real success? 

If we’ve talked Burnley down to a manageable fee and are buying him - much better.

Just now, Lew-T said:

There must be something more to it, if true?

He’s currently on loan at Hull, why move here on loan?

Getting to work with Manning again would be a pull for us, could move back to the area if only until the end of the season at least. 

• Like 1

Could it be that Hull have said to Burnley that they do not want to build a team around Twine anymore and have thus replaced him this window, so Burnley have said that’s fine we can loan him out elsewhere as long as someone else wants to pick up the same deal? 

Burnley want to try and get as much value back on their £4 million investment on Twine and not being favour at Hull will only decrease his value

Edited by marcofisher
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, alexukhc said:

I know people are saying 5million is a lot, but today’s prices is it? Yes we should’ve got him free back then, but we didn’t, but had he joined us he’d prob wouldn’t be half the player is now, name a better player or players we could get for 5 million?

When you consider that Knight has (actually) played at this level and been fairly successful?
Yes.

Twine hasnt proven himself at this level yet - even in a very good Burnley side.

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Be a very good signing if the money is right. Not sure I like a loan with no option - very short term-ist. He’d be cup tied out of the FA Cup and I don’t see him firing us to the play-offs single-handedly so seems like big wages for no real success? 

If we’ve talked Burnley down to a manageable fee and are buying him - much better.

Maybe not single handedly shoot us to the playoffs but an absolute belter at free kicks , not quite Ward Prowse but up there 

• Like 1

Just now, marcofisher said:

But is he better at free kicks than Joe Williams?! 

Quite funny seeing Joe pull rank on TGH over free kicks - on what planet does he think he is better ?

Twine has scored a few long range goals including free kicks, so with him and TGH we may be well stocked in that area for once (if he's signing of course).

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Where does it actually say he’s coming? The comment on hulls forum says ‘supposedly’ and also ‘if so.’ Doesn’t sound like it’s confirmed 

No one said it was confirmed , but possibly sounds like something in it