IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Again, if you think Scott Twine will take us to the Prem this season, I’ll happily take the name of your provider / preferred drink.   How’s about this though….. If he does I’ll give £500 to charity. If he doesn’t you give £50? Fancy it? 

Who said scott twine will take us to the prem this season I certainly never... we need 3 or 4 twine level of signings and even then we're looking at next season at best so manning has a full pre season with HIS players and I'd be delighted if twine was 1 of those players

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

Realistically - Twine is going to cost at least 4m as Burnley will look to recoup their investment - equally there just isn’t many attacking players with Championship experience that we can attract.

Unfortunately 4-5m is what it will cost us unless we try a league one punt but for every Sykes is an Eisa.

I say go for it - we’re desperately lacking in this type of position.

• Like 6

Just now, BCFC31 said:

Who said scott twine will take us to the prem this season I certainly never... we need 3 or 4 twine level of signings and even then we're looking at next season at best so manning has a full pre season with HIS players and I'd be delighted if twine was 1 of those players

Guess that’s a no then……

2 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Some of you moan when we don't make signings, then moan when we do 😂

Who has moaned about not signing anyone who is now questioning Twines fee? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Based on his stats (which i know you can’t always judge by) at this level, i would argue he hasn’t done enough for his price to of increased. Burnley overpaid for him to begin with in my opinion, but due to parachute payments they were able to do so without it being a massive risk.

I think anyone buying him now aren’t buying him for what he has done so far at this level, but more so for what he done at MK & Newport with the apparent potential to do the same at this level. So in my opinion his value hasn’t increased higher than the money Burnley paid, if anything i think £4mil would be a million too much.

Burnley may very well want at least £5mil but they would struggle to find a buyer at that price.

I agree. 

5 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Twine played behind the striker is a very talented player he scored 20 goals and got 13 assists from midfield the level below no one puts those numbers up at his age unless they have something about them. He was shoved out wide for both burnley and Hull he isn't a winger he hasn't got the pace he plays in the hole he scores goals and links up play manning could be playing a blinder I'd imagen he will play where knight does and then it will be hickman and Knight in the middle.

In fairness he played mostly on the left, albeit kinda halfway between left and centre…a bit like Semenyo did for us last season, neither a winger or centre-forward.  He played more as a 10 at Newport though.

Twine’s Heatmap 21/22:

image.png.b9adc826cc1d82902dbe0b635efe5ea5.png

Having said all that, I agree, I’d want him to play central. 🤣

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

There was no fee.

There was compensation & it wasn’t structured.

It appears to have been circa £500k, a one off payment.

FWIW I believe we did agree a fee with Burnley rather than taking it to PFCC Tribunal. It’s quite possible that transfer included a sell-on fee and add-ons.  But I obviously don’t know any more than that.  The person I know who would know won’t tell me…nor do I blame him! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Guess that’s a no then……

I'm not gonna track through pages of posts because I cannot be assed,but looking as you disagree but someone else agrees with me we are pretty much at a stalemate.

⭕

1 hour ago, Harry said:

See, I also don’t understand the ‘loan with a view to buy’. 
Manning has already managed this player for a year. The most successful year both of them have had in football. 
We don’t need to ‘try before you buy’. 
Manning knows what he can bring and knows he can work with him. 

If Manning wants him then just buy him. What’s the point of a ‘try before you buy’. 

Again, I just wouldn’t spend resource on a loan at all. I also wouldn’t spend £5m on him. 
But if LM sees him as key then just buy him. Why bother with a loan 

I would guess to see if he can be the main man a team? Yes he has managed him in that role in L1 but fair to see whether he can handle it at this level. My opinion on it anyway

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Guess that’s a no then……

Agree, we have people on both sides of the potential signing, I don’t see any overlap other than a small Venn diagram of people saying they would be happier to sign him at a much lower fee.

• Like 1

I’ve seen a few comments about him not being capable (or at least unproven) at this level. 

He was very unlucky at Burnley. Signed for big money and then injured on his debut. By the time he got back to fitness agin he’d missed 6 months of football and Burnley were on a tremendous run and so it was hard for him to get back in as a starter. 
He only started 5 games and scored 3 assisted 1. That’s not actually too bad really is it. 

Many have said “he’s not done anything at Hull”. 
Ok, so he’s played 25 I think. Scored 4, assisted 3. Ok, could be better.  But he’s also been shunted to left and right at times when his best role is central. 
However, and I’m sure @Davefevs could dig out that stats, but I believe he’s contributed hugely when it comes to ‘key passes’. 
So whilst his assist stat is only 3, I believe he’s been key to setting up big chances, or even assisting the assist. His key passes stats, from what I can see, are in the 95th percentile in the champ this season. 
That basically means you are getting a highly creative player. Which is exactly what we need. 

All that said, I still stand by the fact I wouldn’t pay £5m!! But for people to say he’s not proven at champ level, well, that’s just wrong - he’s among the most creative players in the league this season. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, we have people on both sides of the potential signing, I don’t see any overlap other than a small Venn diagram of people saying they would be happier to sign him at a much lower fee.

I'll be delighted if we signed him, as in I will be delighted to see us play for us. 

I am however concerned about the financials. 

It's possible to hold both those views which I think some are struggling to understand. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, lenred said:

If you seriously think that Scott Twine is going to deliver us to the Prem I’ll have some of what you’re having. 

My point is that someone's value is determined by the buyer's willingness to pay, not by some objective standard. Stranger things have happened than paying £5m for someone who fits our needs perfectly. That's what I call value for money if he’s the player we need.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'll be delighted if we signed him, as in I will be delighted to see us play for us. 

I am however concerned about the financials. 

It's possible to hold both those views which I think some are struggling to understand. 

A few are struggling to comprehend or have very very short memories of the shit show we were in only recently and the pain it took to get out of it.   Or both.   

Edited by lenred
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’ve seen a few comments about him not being capable (or at least unproven) at this level. 

He was very unlucky at Burnley. Signed for big money and then injured on his debut. By the time he got back to fitness agin he’d missed 6 months of football and Burnley were on a tremendous run and so it was hard for him to get back in as a starter. 
He only started 5 games and scored 3 assisted 1. That’s not actually too bad really is it. 

Many have said “he’s not done anything at Hull”. 
Ok, so he’s played 25 I think. Scored 4, assisted 3. Ok, could be better.  But he’s also been shunted to left and right at times when his best role is central. 
However, and I’m sure @Davefevs could dig out that stats, but I believe he’s contributed hugely when it comes to ‘key passes’. 
So whilst his assist stat is only 3, I believe he’s been key to setting up big chances, or even assisting the assist. His key passes stats, from what I can see, are in the 95th percentile in the champ this season. 
That basically means you are getting a highly creative player. Which is exactly what we need. 

All that said, I still stand by the fact I wouldn’t pay £5m!! But for people to say he’s not proven at champ level, well, that’s just wrong - he’s among the most creative players in the league this season. 

I still think he is unproven! 🤣🤣🤣

He’s played the equivalent of 25 games, albeit his output from those is pretty good:

image.thumb.png.2e4aeed80bc67ff0f521738815bd9005.png

There is of course plenty of caveats, playing for Burnley helps! 😉

image.thumb.png.c874f066b0eda5b5945d8665898bbd4d.png.

image.thumb.png.c444d53c00aa0b1b040525db0220fff4.png.

image.thumb.png.d844672d4245846e1e8f108da4a8f199.png

I think he’s a good player, just not £5m good!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I still think he is unproven! 🤣🤣🤣

He’s played the equivalent of 25 games, albeit his output from those is pretty good:

image.thumb.png.2e4aeed80bc67ff0f521738815bd9005.png

There is of course plenty of caveats, playing for Burnley helps! 😉

image.thumb.png.c874f066b0eda5b5945d8665898bbd4d.png.

image.thumb.png.c444d53c00aa0b1b040525db0220fff4.png.

image.thumb.png.d844672d4245846e1e8f108da4a8f199.png

I think he’s a good player, just not £5m good!

I got mine from here :

IMG_4593.jpeg

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

A few are struggling to comprehend or have very very short memories of the shit show we were in only recently and the pain it took to get out of it.   Or both.   

I think the general consensus is that most will be happy to see him play for us. 

But certainly not for 5 million because of what you mention. 

• Like 5

I reckon we’re gonna do this, and announce tomorrow night/Tuesday latest. I reckon the Weimann deal is long done but we’ve said to WBA ‘please delay your announcement until we have a replacement, else we may have rioters’. And they will be announced simultaneously before WHU at the gate.

I just bloody hope that, if I’m right, it’s a perm not a loan!

Would be very suprised if we do end up shelling out 5m. 

That’s Manning getting almost as much in his first window as Nige had in all of his 😂

Aside from that I think we are getting to the point where improvements will cost big money, was said in the summer countless times “to improve on what we have will be very costly.”

I don’t expect every transfer to be this expensive but young English attackers come at a premium, and although this g/a might not accurately reflect it Twine is one of the more creative players in the league. And as he’s already worked with Manning go for it I say. 

Edited by George Rs

@Harry different definitions of key passes I guess.

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

A player that plays in the number 10 position, creates loads of chances and also has scored very good goals over the years. Why are people against it? 

The fee! 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Harry different definitions of key passes I guess.

The fee! 🤷🏻‍♂️

We’re obviously in a position to spend that sort of money so it shouldn’t bother us. No one even knows the exact fee or if it’s even happening atm. At least we’re actually willing to pay some fees now if true and show some ambition.

8 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I reckon we’re gonna do this, and announce tomorrow night/Tuesday latest. I reckon the Weimann deal is long done but we’ve said to WBA ‘please delay your announcement until we have a replacement, else we may have rioters’. And they will be announced simultaneously before WHU at the gate.

I just bloody hope that, if I’m right, it’s a perm not a loan!

Sounds good on paper, move on Weimann & bring in Twine. Even if it just till the end of the season it feel like an upgrade & if he really gels then we can make it Permanent.  

I don’t get what’s not to like about this 

Why is everyone so fixated on the finances? 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

We’re obviously in a position to spend that sort of money so it shouldn’t bother us. No one even knows the exact fee or if it’s even happening atm. At least we’re actually willing to pay some fees now if true and show some ambition.

That’s fine if that’s your view on spending that sort of money.  Of course we don’t know the fee, but if it is £5m, then my view is we are overpaying.

Azaz for £2.5m was much better value imho.

Thats the debate.  If the rumours were £2.5m we’d be having a different discussion.

We could spend £20m if we wanted to.  Doesn’t mean you do.

• Like 5