IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

Just now, petehinton said:

Because it took us 3 seasons & 3 years of all of our lives watching a team basically just struggle to stay afloat, to sort our finances out. And we absolutely don’t want to go reverse and go to through all that again!

Very conservative point of view, that mentality keeps you mid table at best.

it was only a few months ago everyone lost it because we did sign a replacement for Scott but we don’t want to spend the going rate for Twine who is literally the best option we can get.

I sense it’s mostly because a poster on here advised the club to sign him on a free & was snubbed that’s the thrust of why people are mooning about the price tag:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 3

3 minutes ago, Jeez said:

it was only a few months ago everyone lost it because we did sign a replacement for Scott but we don’t want to spend the going rate for Twine who is literally the best option we can get.

I sense it’s mostly because a poster on here advised the club to sign him on a free & was snubbed that’s the thrust of why people are mooning about the price tag:

FFS hahahahah

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Whereas this mentality saw us almost failing FFP just a couple of years ago! 

Edited by marcofisher
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jeez said:

845CB8EF-F8CF-4C84-AD4D-C9DC692B979E.thumb.jpeg.6861bc973e2e5b888846872dd1255403.jpeg

D7EE1B38-D833-4F3B-B76C-83CE89EC2C0E.thumb.jpeg.772aaa87944fcb4189886f0aa2157219.jpeg

Where have you pulled it’s the going rate from? 

Finn Azaz, younger, playing much better in a worse team = £2.5m

Scott Twine, older, playing worse in the joint 4th best goal scoring side in the division currently = £5m. 

The only plus Twine has is Manning has played with him before and that isn’t worth double the price. 

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I wish people would stop going on about the past we have cleared so much room for our selves to manoeuvre.  W do actually have to build guys if we don't sign quality how do we progress .... anyone would think we're trying to sign a player with no upsale potential he is also the exact type of player we need let's all just enjoy it and hope we actually start to kick on for once on the pitch with some investment going into the playing side.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

845CB8EF-F8CF-4C84-AD4D-C9DC692B979E.thumb.jpeg.6861bc973e2e5b888846872dd1255403.jpeg

D7EE1B38-D833-4F3B-B76C-83CE89EC2C0E.thumb.jpeg.772aaa87944fcb4189886f0aa2157219.jpeg

Where have you pulled it’s the going rate from? 

Finn Azaz, younger, playing much better in a worse team = £2.5m

Scott Twine, older, playing worse in the joint 4th best goal scoring side in the division currently = £5m. 

The only plus Twine has is Manning has played with him before and that isn’t worth double the price. 

As in Burney paid 4m, so they have set the Benchmark of what they would expect minimum.

Im as disappointed as anyone about Azaz but he chose Boro & was good value.

4 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

I wish people would stop going on about the past we have cleared so much room for our selves to manoeuvre.  W do actually have to build guys if we don't sign quality how do we progress .... anyone would think we're trying to sign a player with no upsale potential he is also the exact type of player we need let's all just enjoy it and hope we actually start to kick on for once on the pitch with some investment going into the playing side.

Nobody is denying the fact we need to invest in the squad, I think most are doubting the valuation on this lad. 

• Like 3

Is there much point in arguing about a fee on a potential transfer from hearsay at the moment. When first reported by Nixon he said 2.5, Piercy said Burnley want 5. If there is any truth in this I reckon it'll land somewhere between the two. Whether it happens and that's value for money only time will tell.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Nobody is denying the fact we need to invest in the squad, I think most are doubting the valuation on this lad. 

Personally if we do sign him i honestly don't think it will be for 5m I'd imagine thats burnleys starting point in negotiations that can be worked down in lots of different ways we could maybe structure a deal like we did with massengo where burnley get performance related twine bonuses etc

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

Certainly some nest egg hatching if that fee is anywhere near accurate🥚 First few pages of this thread were raving about him. He could just click here, Manning will know his strengths & maybe it falls into place, works like that sometimes I guess, or he could be shart of course 😅 

Him & another striker to replace Andy, I’d take that if nobody else goes & window closes with the returning injured folks starting to appear too. 

5 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Him & another striker to replace Andy, I’d take that if nobody else goes & window closes with the returning injured folks starting to appear too. 

Midfielder I think.

19 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Is there much point in arguing about a fee on a potential transfer from hearsay at the moment. When first reported by Nixon he said 2.5, Piercy said Burnley want 5. If there is any truth in this I reckon it'll land somewhere between the two. Whether it happens and that's value for money only time will tell.

Great post:clapping:

If we sign him (probably a BIG IF) it will not be because of his stats but because LM reckons he knows how to play him within the context of our team.  Any fee paid would have to be seen within the context of how the overall team would benefit and not just how we might coach some better stats from him.

• Like 1

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

If we sign him (probably a BIG IF) it will not be because of his stats but because LM reckons he knows how to play him within the context of our team.  Any fee paid would have to be seen within the context of how the overall team would benefit and not just how we might coach some better stats from him.

Totally agree and I'd trust Liam Manning or any professional coach over a few stats!

• Like 1

As a preamble here, I’d welcome Twine - good player, something we lack and would improve our squad. However, I’m with @Harry - the price is too high. 

One of our continual mantras is that we might bring summer business forward if it works. This isn’t that. As a loan it makes no sense. As a permanent it’s not like we’re getting value from the mooted fee and it’s not a Mehmeti where there is the argument of growth - he knows this level, he knows the manager’s expectations. Bringing forward when we have no chance of promotion makes no earthly sense, even if he is the right man (teams aren’t falling over themselves to sign him).

So, look behind it. We’re possibly signing him as a plausible Mannig signing as a show of ambition because that’s what Tinnion, in his fundamentally basic knowledge of football, thinks will show that ambition without people looking behind it. It’s moronic as a loan or at the mooted price. Again.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

Jeez to you , ffs it’s NOT just those  reasons , you know that as well as I do , not everything you rant is right , patronising git 

Because despite you being told why Nige is not a fan of loans in our circumstance. You still continued with the bs that Nige isn't a fan of loans without acknowledging why. 

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As a preamble here, I’d welcome Twine - good player, something we lack and would improve our squad. However, I’m with @Harry - the price is too high. 

One of our continual mantras is that we might bring summer business forward if it works. This isn’t that. As a loan it makes no sense. As a permanent it’s not like we’re getting value from the mooted fee and it’s not a Mehmeti where there is the argument of growth - he knows this level, he knows the manager’s expectations. Bringing forward when we have no chance of promotion makes no earthly sense, even if he is the right man (teams aren’t falling over themselves to sign him).

So, look behind it. We’re possibly signing him as a plausible Mannig signing as a show of ambition because that’s what Tinnion, in his fundamentally basic knowledge of football, thinks will show that ambition without people looking behind it. It’s moronic as a loan or at the mooted price. Again.

Great post & although as you have articulately explained, it doesn’t make much sense, when you then consider who we have running the club & particularly the recruitment strategy I’m therefore totally convinced it’s happening now.

Edited by GrahamC

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Twine is less then a year older then mehmeti.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Because it took us 3 seasons & 3 years of all of our lives watching a team basically just struggle to stay afloat, to sort our finances out. And we absolutely don’t want to go reverse and go to through all that again!

Absolutely how I feel. 

I posted after Pearsons sacking that I feared we'd go back to the LJ days of throwing money at things. 

If we sign this one player for 5 million plus I assume large wages then that risks undoing all the hard work and sacrifices that were made. 

I think the majority of us were happy with the buisness done to sign players like Sykes, Knight, Atkinson and Dickie etc. I'd have liked that to have continued and it definitely should have in the summer. Not potentially chuck 5 million at one player in January. 

Once again the club are flip flopping between strategies. If this goes wrong then we'll require another Pearson to come in and sort the mess out. It's all totally avoidable. 

• Like 1