IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

ITK

IMG_2414.png

He does my head in with all this "I understand such and such" as if he has inside information. That's how he likes to frame it.

The reality is he understands because he's read it on the Internet like the rest of us or heard in in press conferences. 

Ian has zero sources at the club. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

So we sold Alex Scott for approx £25m and to ensure our ongoing viability we need to shop around Carlisle, Wycombe, Oxford or wherever for a replacement that will cost us about as much in interest that the nest egg will generate.. This strategy will not only not take us forward over the next couple of seasons, we will regress as current experienced players leave or retire and out of contract players possibly see their future elsewhere and the squad gradually breaks up. Surely investing in not one but at least two quality signings of the ilk of Twine and still hold £10~15m as a nest egg would be the right move in supporting the current crop of top-half championship players and giving us supporters some real optimism for the future?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He does my head in with all this "I understand such and such" as if he has inside information. That's how he likes to frame it.

The reality is he understands because he's read it on the Internet like the rest of us or heard in in press conferences. 

Ian has zero sources at the club. 

Fake ITK is something that really should’ve been left in 2015, the people that fall for it are even worse.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Certainly £2.5m makes far more sense though @Harry & @Finley_Smith10 should probably replace our existing scouting team, seeing as both of them were miles ahead in recommending we sign him.

Without wishing to upset one or two, but it is completely relevant to your point, this is an obvious area for improvement that the appointed DoF has take responsibility for and sort out.........sooner rather than later because it is clear we have to work harder than other clubs at the level to secure players.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Panic over, we’re not spending 5 million.

Whilst there’s disappointment we couldn’t sign him for free, we’re addressing one of our biggest weaknesses and getting Manning’s first choice through the door. Very happy with that.

Being pedantic, whilst 2.5 million is good buisness if true, his wages aren't going to be cheap! 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Without wishing to upset one or two, but it is completely relevant to your point, this is an obvious area for improvement that the appointed DoF has take responsibility for and sort out.........sooner rather than later because it is clear we have to work harder than other clubs at the level to secure players.

Genuinely interested to know what makes you believe it is 'clear we have to work harder than other clubs at the level to secure players'?

Perhaps you could elaborate a little?

Just now, Mr Hankey said:

£2.5Mil would be a great deal

Yes, still a fair chunk of wages to pay but it just feels that this is a realistic valuation compared to what was being mooted!! Plus we get a player who clearly has more quality than we currently possess in the squad. If we were paying double that I would have been concerned because I couldn't see what else of any quality we would realistically be able to afford in the NEXT window not just this one.........

• Like 1

How are people getting upset at spending 2.5 million on a player that had 20 goals/13 assists in League One was 4 mill a year ago and getting a move to the Prem. Has put up good stats in the Championship so far. I know with the benefit of hindsight we could of bought him cheaper but that applies to us and 40 other teams thar also missed the trick for a freebie. He's filling an obvious void of creativity that we've missed.

Seems like good business if it comes off.

• Like 2

Just now, petehinton said:

Really good deal if it is true, but as we all said when manning came in….if given money to spend, I’m intrigued to hear how we were at our limit in terms of budget in October, but suddenly we aren’t at our limit now. 

These are the questions that need to continue to be asked. 

Some people will happily overlook these things because we are signing a good player. Not me tho. I remain concerned about how this club is run and how we are constantly lied to. 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Really good deal if it is true, but as we all said when manning came in….if given money to spend, I’m intrigued to hear how we were at our limit in terms of budget in October, but suddenly we aren’t at our limit now. 

The spin will be Weimann is now off the wage bill, the Cup money if we beat West Ham but like “top ten budget & top six squad” it’s horseshit.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Certainly £2.5m makes far more sense though @Harry & @Finley_Smith10 should probably replace our existing scouting team, seeing as both of them were miles ahead in recommending we sign him.

Tbf mate I seen him score that goal against Ipswich for Swindon and thought yeah he’d be a good signing. I don’t have a clue when it comes to scouting.

• Flames 1

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Interesting to see how he incorporates Twine and Knight in the same team. Easier if he goes 3-5-1-1 for sure 

I think Knight would be better as a conventional box to box MF. Hopefully Twine plays just off of Conway & we don't try & make a winger out of him!

• Like 2

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

If this is true, then a few on here might have to reappraise their opinion of Brian Tinnion and the quality he brings to the recruitment team. Just like the quality he brought to the team when he played.

Without getting dragged into this again, the issue is not the quality that Tinnion identifies, but more about who they allow to then buy the identified talent.

Who knows? The £2.5m (minimum) if spent in August could have had us top 4 currently.

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

How are people getting upset at spending 2.5 million on a player that had 20 goals/13 assists in League One was 4 mill a year ago and getting a move to the Prem. Has put up good stats in the Championship so far. I know with the benefit of hindsight we could of bought him cheaper but that applies to us and 40 other teams thar also missed the trick for a freebie. He's filling an obvious void of creativity that we've missed.

Seems like good business if it comes off.

Who’s upset at spending £2.5m?

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They lied. We all surely know that? 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Interesting to see how he incorporates Twine and Knight in the same team. Easier if he goes 3-5-1-1 for sure 

I think it will switch to some kind of 3 at the back when fully fit. Might require another striker though. 

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

If this is true, then a few on here might have to reappraise their opinion of Brian Tinnion and the quality he brings to the recruitment team. Just like the quality he brought to the team when he played.

I dunno….this absolutely would’ve been identified and driven by Manning, and got over the line because of Manning. Imo

• Like 5