IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

1 minute ago, KegCity said:

He’s a squad player for Burnley. Would probably be similar wages to Weimann at the most, and if he’s coming in to be our main creative player that’s fair enough.

Loan fee would be taken into account in the option to buy. There’s plenty to moan about with city but us properly investing in a creative midfielder, which we badly need, isn’t high up on the list! If it was the £5 million move that was initially quoted I’d be with you about the finances.

Sorry mate but there is zero chance he's on similar wages to Weimann. Weimann of course also took a pay cut which took him down to 10kish. 

I'd be incredibly surprised if Twine is on anything under 15k. 

No, you are assuming things. You can't sit here and tell me that were not paying a loan fee. In fact it would be ludicrous to suggest we are not paying a loan fee. It's an option to buy, not an obligation to buy. Football clubs don't recall a player from a loan and then loan them out to another club for free in the hope the new club will sign him in the summer. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 4

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Sorry mate but there is zero chance he's on similar wages to Weimann. Weimann of course also took a pay cut which took him down to 10kish. 

I'd be incredibly surprised if Twine is on anything under 15k. 

No, you are assuming things. You can't sit here and tell me that were not paying a loan fee. In fact it would be ludicrous to suggest we are not paying a loan fee. It's an option to buy, not an obligation to buy. Football clubs don't recall a player from a loan and then loan them out to another club for free in the hope the new club will sign him in the summer. 

It’s all guesswork though isn’t it? Nobody knows what he’s earning. We don’t know our wage structure, but if we want a player good enough to string our attack together and get us into the playoffs that’s how much we’ll have to pay. 

Did I say we’re not paying a loan fee? I said it would more than likely to be taken into account in the buy option e.g when put with the buy option it comes to the value of the player. We’ve done the same with TGH by all accounts.

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

As a Premier league player, he's likely to be coming in as one of and if not our highest earners. 

That's not an issue as long as it's not out of kilter with the rest of the squad. I The aim that was often stated by Nige was to have a much more concentrated wage level amongst the squad, so we have to trust that will be adhered to.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Deal is done. He is at AG right now. 

I hope you’re not just stringing us along with this. 

(Sorry, but it just had to be done)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't roll over and have my tummy tickled like most. 

Don't just question the idiots running OUR club, interrogate and hold them to account! 

What a hero! Just repeating the same thing over and over.

• Like 2

Just now, Loosey Boy said:

Now sounds like a loan with option to buy at the end of the season…..would much prefer a permanent deal now

Seems to be way more common these days; is it insurance for both parties in case something goes wrong? Balance sheets?! FFP?! 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

That's not an issue as long as it's not out of kilter with the rest of the squad. I The aim that was often stated by Nige was to have a much more concentrated wage level amongst the squad, so we have to trust that will be adhered to.

Absolutely delighted we are signing a player like Twine. He'll offer us something different and he comes in as someone ready to hit the ground running. 

I don't know how much he earns. But I'd be very surprised if he won't be one of our highest earners. If he's earning 20k+ a week then thats gonna make many people wary. 

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

He’s a grown man with responsibilities. That he feels the need to act like a twelve year old and pretend he knows things he doesn’t for social media likes is deeply worrying.

I trust him with any rumour now. Should take Piercy’s role as he’s got the best sources. 

The reality is that we all knew that the spending restrictions imposed on Pearson were slightly artificial and I think it's obvious that the subtext was about the extent to which we were willing to provide additional funds to a manager with one year on his contract with no plans to extend.

The communication to Pearson and the fans was undoubtedly poor and it seems likely to me that Phil Alexander did not manage to convey a consistent line on what the budget was and why, which would explain why Pearson appeared to be unclear on the budget available. But ultimately, my anger in terms of Pearson's dismissal is more around the way the club created a culture of uncertainty around his future for several weeks, along with the level of nonsense spouted about being a top six side, fitness etc. in the wake of his dismissal.

I don't have a massive problem with the club not backing a manager they did not want in the long-term (save for the fact that I think recruitment should be consistent and a change of manager should not have a huge impact on the type of players brought in) and I'm not going to complain about the club spending money now, especially if we have got a player for half the fee we were being quoted. I'd rather the club stuck to a consistent wage structure but I don't plan to complain about the fact we aren't without knowing whether we are or aren't.

I've got frustrations with Tinnion, the board etc. but I'm not going to suddenly complain if they turn round and make a pragmatic investment in a high potential player who appears to be a type of player we are currently lacking.  

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Quick mate, JL needs his boots cleaning. Run along. 

Take a look at all my posts to see where I've defended JL.

That old chestnut.. if that poster isn't negative every post they must be working with BS or idolise the Lansdowns.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Really good deal if it is true, but as we all said when manning came in….if given money to spend, I’m intrigued to hear how we were at our limit in terms of budget in October, but suddenly we aren’t at our limit now. 

Weimann leaving will certainly free up a chunk,, though i wouldnt have thought it would cover all of twines wages

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

To be fair mate my childish response was in response to your childish post. 

My tongue in cheek response to your arrogance you mean..

Basically "I know better than most fans so that's why I make everything negative to make a stand against the ownership"

I don't like the thought of a Loan With an Option as it's always in the back of my mind that it may not happen (see TGH)

That's a 'me' problem though and in fairness these deals really help FFP and cash flow as helps spread payments, Spurs have done this really effectively last few years and gives them so much more wriggle room now. Protects us a little against injury and gives us 6 months to embed. These deals are normally sorted so the Contract is arranged as well so in theory no chance of losing to a bigger club if he does well as we just push the button.

Seems a really good signing, as others have mentioned if we had done this the day after selling Scott I think we'd have been happy (or as happy as we can be having just sold Scott).

• Like 1