IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

18 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Haven't we also been told if we can bring forward deals that we'd look at in the summer we would. Wouldn't a loan to buy for Twine fit that exactly.

BTW I didn't buy the prior 'pot is empty' statements previously. However, this deal is exactly as described recently for the business we'd do.

100%.

I was struggling to see why a loan to buy makes sense, but given your first paragraph it makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

You make up nonsense all the time. Yesterday you said there were people who said that Manning was the best manager since Pep. When challenged you then changed it to the best young manager in the country.  You said it was plenty of people as well. I can’t find one.  Stop being disingenuous and taking things so personally and you might have a nicer experience on here 

"I'm gonna write a post attacking you personally and then tell you not to take it personally" 

As I don't want to see your personal posts anymore you're on ignore. 

You Reds. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Haha 6

On 14/01/2024 at 11:22, bcfc01 said:

I would think Manning is pushing hard to get him in.

But I suspect the fee Burnley want and the amount JL is willing to pay is too far apart even if both sides make compromises. This is where people like Ashton and Gould earn their money. Absolutely delighted to be proven wrong, but I just feel that we don't have anyone on board that can get the sort of players we need through the door.

Consider me to be absolutely delighted :cool2:

• Like 2

Just now, CyderInACan said:

. . . and don't forget our world class HPC. Thanks to the Lansdown family for their magnificent support. 

If anyone manages to shoehorn "High Performance Centre", "be careful what you wish for" and "behaviours" into the same sentence (apart from me making my point, obviously, for any clever sods out there!!) that should be a lifetime forum ban................

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes you’re right but as the risk of straying into politics I don’t think football genuinely expected the pandemic to last as long & decimate finances in the way it subsequently did.

My hunch therefore (I’m clearly not Joe Williams’ agent) is he & Chris Martin who we signed at a similar time, were on top wages for us in the Ashton wra.

Not Kalas or Wells ones (then) but right up there.

We were one of the more bullish clubs too iirc, not so much in what we spent but in terms of hope and ability to get moving swiftly again.

3 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Without getting dragged into this again, the issue is not the quality that Tinnion identifies, but more about who they allow to then buy the identified talent.

Who knows? The £2.5m (minimum) if spent in August could have had us top 4 currently.

Dunno about top 4, but top 6 or right on the cusp up there with Hull, Sunderland and maybe West Brom depending on the player.

Plus Coventry of course.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Sounds like he may have done a decent job then? 

Depending on his involvement which should be significant given he's DoF, yes, you are correct tbf. We have signed a player that suits Manning's way of playing to complement a large number that clearly don't (hence his 1.25 points per game versus Nige's 1.28 ppg at time of sacking - to all intents and purposes the same). My view is a few more need to come in (and go out) by the end of July and if we show signs that the new players can turn us into a genuine top end side playing Manning's style then at that point doubts about the DoF's ability and qualifications to do his job will probably recede a bit.

This is the start of Jon and Tinnion proving to those that doubt them that they can deliver the sound bites or not.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

"I'm gonna write a post attacking you personally and then tell you not to take it personally" 

As I don't want to see your personal posts anymore you're on ignore. 

You Reds. 

Is there anyone you disagree with that you haven't put on ignore yet?

Your persecution complex is getting out of hand

• Haha 4
  • Flames 2

40 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Haven't we also been told if we can bring forward deals that we'd look at in the summer we would. Wouldn't a loan to buy for Twine fit that exactly.

No simple answer to that, will very much depend on structure of loan fee, then transfer fee / contract length, and then accountancy treatment.  There is no real reason to do as a loan first per se.

14 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Sounds like he may have done a decent job then? 

If it’s around the rumoured £2.5m mark, then yes.  But don’t forget recruitment is a collective  effort so in terms of structuring the deal, share that credit undoubtedly with a combo of GM and TR.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

No simple answer to that, will very much depend on structure of loan fee, then transfer fee / contract length, and then accountancy treatment.  There is no real reason to do as a loan first per se.

If it’s around the rumoured £2.5m mark, then yes.  But don’t forget recruitment is a collective  effort so in terms of structuring the deal, share that credit undoubtedly with a combo of GM and TR.

Unless the recruitment isn't good it's then tinnions fault according to some!

⭕

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

This is a classic OTIB transfer thread. Rumours, arguments, paranoia and humour. Love it

Makes the working day go faster !

31 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

According to numerous posters, the only opinions that are allowed are Pro Lansdown posts, pro Manning posts and pro Tinnion posts. You get bonus points if you mention what a fantastic stadium we have. 

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they are saying you can't post an opinion. It work's both ways. It's just disagreement. It's fine.

Just now, Bob Turnip said:

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they are saying you can't post an opinion. It work's both ways. It's just disagreement. It's fine.

It's his go to status as soon as someone posts something that contradicts his clearly deeply held beliefs. "Look, look, they're picking on me"

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

. . . and don't forget our world class HPC. Thanks to the Lansdown family for their magnificent support. 

Someone on another thread a few weeks ago mentioned the stadium being one of the best in the Championship. I highlighted at least 7 as good or better....Still waiting a reply.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Twined, Dined and….

Anyone guessing his squad number 👀

I would have said something in the 20s/30s and then probably take 10 (King) at the end of the season but isn't 7 available? If so then that!

He's no. 30 at Hull but Nelson has that

• Facepalm 1