IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought the concourse etc knocked spots off the London Stadium, presumably they are not really that interested in competing with the other options available over in the Westfield etc. It might be different in the home end of course, I am guessing that the area under the Atyeo isn't much better than it was when we're in it back in the day, so maybe they give the worst bit to the away fans too?

31 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

You didn’t address the question of your posting accuracy I see! 

2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I don’t know to much about Twine if I’m honest. I know who he is, but I haven’t seen him play live. From the clips I’ve just seen, he reminds me of Brownhill, or am I way off? 😂

I've just opened the last page in the Scott Twine thread, I am completely lost how a signing has digressed into such diverse and random conversations

Only on OTIB

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I listen to the Football Weekly so I heard this and came to the same conclusions. Plus if he is only using the most expensive transfers he will likely be guilty of recency bias.

It may not be realistic to include all transfers over a sufficiently extended period but were I his tutor I'd advise him go away and learn about statistical sampling before starting again!

I'd question whether it is truly possible to develop an objective test that tells you if any transfer is "successful".

Surely you have to know the specific reason for each transfer and the expectations of the player in order to measure success against those.

You can probably come up with some sort of equation that tells you whether a transfer appears successful, but you'll never really know.

Of course you've also got to think about who is considering the "success". We City fans probably don't consider the transfer of Kane Wilson to have been a "success", but he might see some personal success in it, and I suspect FGR see success there. This may not be the best example, but it's one that springs to mind.

The whole bit just felt incredibly "GCSE Statistics Coursework" to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Is he reasonably two footed @Harry? To me that always makes a big difference to how easily opposition players can close you down.

I’m not sure if @Harry replied to this. The little I’ve seen off him he looks very one footed. I even commented after the game at their place ( tounge in cheek) that he was worse than Antony at united in that aspect. 
 Hopefully that’s not the case.

I still can’t get over Vyner. Gobsmacked.  

Edited by Jose

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Twiney happy people having fun. 

Twine of the cross (Iron Maiden)

P.s  In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself.

And did you know that if you bang your head against a brick wall you lose 150 calories an hour.

36 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Is it correct that Twine has created the most chances this season? If so do we know how many are from open play and so many from set pieces. Ok putting in great set pieces but we miss a player who can play that final pass to our forwards. 
Steven Gerrard use to make most chances per season at Liverpool but then he took every set piece so the figures were slightly skewed.

He’s up there (depending on your data source)

46 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Amen 🙏 

To be fair, I haven't covered myself in glory a few times, but I get so frustrated with some posters on here. Opinions are fluid. I have this annoying trait where I can see both sides of the argument and with everything in life, things are rarely black and white. I tend to see a lot of grey and will change my mind if someone comes up with a compelling argument or something changes. The problem with this forum is, you have to fall into a camp. If you talk negatively or positively about anything, but mostly the owners or Pearson, you're immediately labelled a "Pearson hater" or "Lansdown lover" and so on. It's pretty tedious.

Labels are part of life. Everyone wants to put people into groups whether they fit or not  

However I constantly read the idea that by arguing a counterpoint you are trampling on someones idea of their free speech. 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s up there (depending on your data source)

Open play creation or total chances created.

We need someone who can play a great ball through. Seen him 4 times this season twice against us and 2 other times when over Hull due to another game being called off and he didn’t create much in open play all set pieces. That’s why I’m interested to find out what the breakdown is, all 4 games I have seen him he has looked lost out wide.

1 minute ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Open play creation or total chances created.

We need someone who can play a great ball through. Seen him 4 times this season twice against us and 2 other times when over Hull due to another game being called off and he didn’t create much in open play all set pieces. That’s why I’m interested to find out what the breakdown is, all 4 games I have seen him he has looked lost out wide.

Total, I don’t have the breakdown.

FBRef might.

10 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Wait… Vyners on 18k p/w???????

I honestly need a drink reading that. Maybe wages have increased that quickly that’s the going rate these days. It’s not something talked too much on here. 

29 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I don’t know to much about Twine if I’m honest. I know who he is, but I haven’t seen him play live. From the clips I’ve just seen, he reminds me of Brownhill, or am I way off? 😂

Absolutely miles off , nothing like brownhill 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Wait… Vyners on 18k p/w???????

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

I honestly need a drink reading that. Maybe wages have increased that quickly that’s the going rate these days. It’s not something talked too much on here. 

The thing you have to remember is that players like Zak who show some loyalty miss out on the big lump sum paydays that the player that move get, especially when they run their contract down. Take s figure like £250/300k possibly more and spread that across his contract and it look less out of kilter with the others we have signed. 

• Like 4

Just now, Port Said Red said:

The thing you have to remember is that players like Zak who show some loyalty miss out on the big lump sum paydays that the player that move get, especially when they run their contract down. Take s figure like £250/300k possibly more and spread that across his contract and it look less out of kilter with the others we have signed. 

Exactly and that's why these boys have Agents who will work out what "he could have won" if he buggers off elsewhere..........

It seems our transfer policy hasn't done a 180 degree turn after all, then.

With Weimann going out the door, and Twine coming in on loan.

Sounds like a move in-keeping with what Nige said back at the end of August:

"We're at the limit of what we can do. It would be very expensive to improve on what we've got unless something like this week happens with the deal that we've done with Taylor which is a very positive one for us".

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

What would you say the differences are? 

Apart from one being largely about technical skill, the other much more about distance covered, stamina, work rate & press.

Twine being a 10, or wide midfielder, Brownhill best centrally in midfield.

That’s just for starters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I can see what you are saying………..but still a crazy amount of money for a player of his ability. In my opinion off course. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Apart from one being largely about technical skill, the other much more about distance covered, stamina, work rate & press.

Twine being a 10, or wide midfielder, Brownhill best centrally in midfield.

That’s just for starters.

I’m sure Liam knows best but I hope it is as a 10. Really don’t see him as a wide player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Someone on another thread a few weeks ago mentioned the stadium being one of the best in the Championship. I highlighted at least 7 as good or better....Still waiting a reply.

It probably is one of the best in the champ - why wouldn’t it be, miles ahead of most in this league.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Until we replace the Atyeo I think that claim is a stretch.

It depends what people mean by best it’s subjective so maybe just a pointless arguement especially when you are comparing to clubs like leicester and saints who are shopping in Waitrose while we do aldi, not that their grounds r anything special.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jose said:

Interesting. The little I have seen he looked better in behind rather than wide. A thought shared by Hull fans reading their forum. 

Who knows then. 

I personally want him to play central.  If that means a little bit of drifting into left side pockets, I’m fine.  I don’t want him wide, hence why I’m really interested how he fits in to what we are currently playing, or how he tweaks it.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Its still not far short of £1m per year.