IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

12 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I remember just over a year ago Tinnion sat there nodding along next to Richard Gould as Gould explained why loans for Championship clubs from Premier League clubs was such a huge waste of time and money. In fact he even chipped in at one point asking the fans in the crowd to name just how many successful loans from the Premier League we'd had as a club? The crowd was rather struggling as after the absolute tap in shouts of Caulker and Abraham someone had to go back 30 years to name Andy Cole. 

What happened Brian?

Just an aside, and no doubt I'll be accused of not moving on or something, but Gould made the case against expensive PL loans and explained perfectly why it isn't beneficial to us as a club. Won't ever stop the utterly simpleton shouts of NiGe DiDnT lIkE LoAnS!!! though..

Yet again it's the Lansdown's lurching from one strategy to another. You are quite right in what you say, the club came out in a united front on the loan subject when asked. This wasn't just Nige it was the Ceo at the time and Tinnion that backed the manager up on why they are basically just a huge waste of money..

As i said, history repeats itself. Steve and the boy just lurch from one ideology to another, they haven't got a ******* clue what they are doing and Tinnion is just the mouthpiece that spouts whatever crap they want him to spout at the given time.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

If people get worked up over assumptions they made being wrong, that their own fault and their own problem.

Youre the one who said assumptions, and that's a very different thing to just preferences of different options.

Yeh you're not listening. People aren't moaning about assumptions FFS haha!

Twine has signed and people are reacting to the fact of the signing. Are you okay?!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I can't believe how unreasonable our fans are! They are completely overreacting to Twine's signing. He is a quality player for us, but they are throwing a tantrum about it.

We complain about lack of progression, but then we complain when we sign players who will help us improve, just because we don't have an option to buy. I have never seen the fans make such a fuss about not having the option to buy before. It makes no sense.

Maybe other options are not available, so we have gone with the best option to cover us until the summer? I am fed up with our supporters getting hysterical at every turn. It's like the Lansdowns have come into your house and taken your money for this signing.

I am really sick of our whiny entitled supporters. We sound like spoiled kids who are angry because they didn't get a game with their PlayStation 5.

d

I cant believe there are still people that don't understand a forum is a place where different people from different backgrounds can share their often differing opinions. 

I think most are delighted that we have signed him. He is a quality player and he should improve us. 

But can't you see that people are concerned about this loan only deal? And that if they want to be concerned by that, that's their prerogative? How does it impact you if people want to post their concerns and share their thought? It doesn't really does it? Just scroll past like I do on quite a lot of posters. 

Your post literally screams "either post positive things or don't post at all" that's not really healthy on a platform where engagement is the purpose. 

• Like 6

We can name call all night but come the end of July the current regime will have had two windows to formulate a plan. They will be judged on what they deliver, simple as that. If they are in the midst of some cunning plan that some of us have not spotted yet we will congratulate them, if there is evidence that at least a plan is in place that will satisfy most and if there appears to be no plan and we are making it up as we go along then it's Jon and Brian's cocks on the chopping block.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Again I’ll ask you to post where the same poster has said those things.   You won’t be able to.  

You never asked me to a first time, so it's not an "again".

I'm sure I probably could, or at the very least posts/liked posts giving that sentiment, but I'm not going to trawl through 38 pages of this thread, plus the other threads in this sub-forum to pull them out.

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh II said:

Yeh you're not listening. People aren't moaning about assumptions FFS haha!

Twine has signed and people are reacting to the fact of the signing. Are you okay?!

I'm fine.

I am listening, but I responded to the words that you wrote.

If those words didn't get the message across that you wanted then work on your communication.

Are you alright?

• Like 1

You never asked me to a first time, so it's not an "again".

I'm sure I probably could, or at the very least posts/liked posts giving that sentiment, but I'm not going to trawl through 38 pages of this thread, plus the other threads in this sub-forum to pull them out.

Ah the old “I can’t prove it but it’s definitely true” argument. Love that one.

Hugs

Arrogant Tosspot xx

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I cant believe there are still people that don't understand a forum is a place where different people from different backgrounds can share their often differing opinions. 

I think most are delighted that we have signed him. He is a quality player and he should improve us. 

But can't you see that people are concerned about this loan only deal? And that if they want to be concerned by that, that's their prerogative? How does it impact you if people want to post their concerns and share their thought? It doesn't really does it? Just scroll past like I do on quite a lot of posters. 

Your post literally screams "either post positive things or don't post at all" that's not really healthy on a platform where engagement is the purpose. 

Do you see the irony of this post, right. Scroll on. 

Edited by Ghost Rider

Just now, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Do people think we would’ve gone for Twine in addition to Azaz? Or one or the other?

I’d think Azaz first as it would have been a permanent deal. As we’ve just made TGH permanent and have Williams playing well, Knight doing well then Twine and Azaz would have been overkill if we are potentially looking at a new striker as has been mooted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Careful posting your opinions mate. 

You'll get loads of them jumping on you because you're not toeing the party line and when you present them with facts, they'll get personal with you.

What does that even mean?

These are independent thinking fans who have their own opinions. Usually the majority show some sort of balance to their views.

You repeat the same opinion. Usually negative. I challenge anyone to look through your posts to find anything slightly positive.

When challenged, you revert to the same old. Stop getting personal, I'm going to mute you then accuse others of silencing you. It's ironic to say the least.

• Like 5

Im fine.

I am listening, but I responded to the words that you wrote.

If those words didn't get the message across that you wanted then work on your communication.

Are you alright?

But you missed the point.... Never mind, I'll leave the rest to it 

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Ah the old “I can’t prove it but it’s definitely true” argument. Love that one.

Hugs

Arrogant Tosspot xx

Where did I say it's definitely true?

I said "I probably could". The fact I said "probably" leaves the possibility that I couldn't.

Not just an arrogant tosspot, but a liar as well.

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Hmmm. I hope it's a loan with a view to go Permanent. Otherwise yeah, not the best.

The Post are saying we’ve loaned with the plan that ‘if it goes well, a permanent solution can be reached’. That really means very little imo though. If he gets 10 goals and 10 assists Burnley will want more than we can afford. They won’t send him here on the cheap as a favour.

1. If he takes us up - very unlikely - it’s a masterstroke and I’ll get a JL tattoo.

2. If he does very well and we don’t go up, he’s gone.

3. If he does just fine, we’ll have a shot at a purchase. Though a relegated Burnley may want him back.

4. And if he’s a disaster - very unlikely - we send him back and move on.

So… we need him to do amazing and get us promoted (1), or just ok then we can maybe buy (3). I predict (2) sadly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Yet again it's the Lansdown's lurching from one strategy to another. You are quite right in what you say, the club came out in a united front on the loan subject when asked. This wasn't just Nige it was the Ceo at the time and Tinnion that backed the manager up on why they are basically just a huge waste of money..

As i said, history repeats itself. Steve and the boy just lurch from one ideology to another, they haven't got a ******* clue what they are doing and Tinnion is just the mouthpiece that spouts whatever crap they want him to spout at the given time.

Basically back to throwing money at things and hoping that works to help prove they made the right decisions. 

Previously we had two CEOs (Gould and Alexander) who basically ssid we need to make every pound work for us. That's quite a sensible strategy. Passing money up the wall on a loan signing isn't a sensible strategy. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

No, I already told you I'm not going to dig through 50+ pages to find this.

I've said I think it's likely the case, you disagree.

Think you're the angry one here.

Ahhh the old ‘can’t be ****** to back up my bullshit statement so I’ll just reply back  with the same answer’.  Clueless and angry then.  Hope you feel better soon. 

Edited by lenred

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

I think you’ll find it’s called a signature. Irony isn’t your strong suit is it Uncs?

Sorry I just thought you were calling him arrogant because that’s something you’d do.

Plus I don’t think that’s called irony. More sarcastic? 

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh II said:

But you missed the point.... Never mind, I'll leave the rest to it 

Do better next time and I won't miss it.

You'll leave the rest to it, what Silvio intentionally misquoting me? Wow. That'll tell me!

Perhaps you could actually engage instead, I respond to people the way they act towards me. You said I missed the point, fine. Make your point, but make it clearly.

All I did was use what you had said in your initial response to me. If that's caused confusion then fine, clarify it.

I’m personally delighted to see us get Twine for the remainder of the season - it is a bit of a weird one though, bearing in mind the rumours of a perm deal or one with an option!

Lets just enjoy having what looks like a very good player in a City shirt for the next 4 months and then see where we go with it, in the long term/summer.

On the basis that we also want a striker, could it be that the money we do have to spend, will be invested in a permanent striker signing?

• Like 5