IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Mods  can we have a separate forum for arguments please? It's making reading this thread so bloody tiresome.

If people want to point score, take it somewhere else please.

Thank you.

Oh you're one of those separate forum for arguments betwetters are you?! Go on, justify that you woke, happy clapper! :ranting::ph34r:

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

Oh you're one of those separate forum for arguments betwetters are you?! Go on, justify that you woke, happy clapper! :ranting::ph34r:

Not particularly, just sick of reading their petty shite on a thread supposedly about a new player.

Love and kisses

Karen ( the most non PC bedwetter ever). 😉

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Do you expect all the clubs above us to not pick up any points and just allow us to leapfrog over them. 

I am delighted and disgusted with this signing.

The board are hypocrites, and have now sanctioned the signing of a player who could get us into the playoffs.

I for one won't be stepping inside Ashton Gate until the Lansdowns have gone, but can't wait to take my seat tomorrow night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

34 minutes ago, red panda said:

Really pleased with this, but OTIB is excelling itself tonight.  I think we've collectively forgotten what a loan means.  I don't recall it being a problem that we didn't have an option on Tammy, or lots of other players we've had on loan in the past.  And as for all the negative speculation about ulterior motives, desperation, etc - just get over yourselves.  We've signed a good player.  Even if we only have him for the rest of this seaons, it's a step forward.  

I’ve got no problem with the speculation behind the motives behind the loan.

Depending on your view of previous decisions on management changes the hierarchy have made you can argue why the current owners need make their recruitment decision work and will move away from the academy pathway and essentially cover another club’s wage bill.

I’m disappointed that there is not seemingly some sort of clause behind the scenes to at least provide an option at the end of the season, on pure loans, I’m more aligned with Pearson’s view about them in that all we are doing is developing another team’s youngster to the detriment of others we might have in the building. For all his coaching reputation our new head coach does not seem overly interested in our academy other than to fill the bench.

On the other hand I’m also more than happy to be entertained and get a modicum of enjoyment from the rest of the season so perhaps our new man might be the catalyst for that.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

I can't believe how unreasonable our fans are! They are completely overreacting to Twine's signing. He is a quality player for us, but they are throwing a tantrum about it.

We complain about lack of progression, but then we complain when we sign players who will help us improve, just because we don't have an option to buy. I have never seen the fans make such a fuss about not having the option to buy before. It makes no sense.

Maybe other options are not available, so we have gone with the best option to cover us until the summer? I am fed up with our supporters getting hysterical at every turn. It's like the Lansdowns have come into your house and taken your money for this signing.

I am really sick of our whiny entitled supporters. We sound like spoiled kids who are angry because they didn't get a game with their PlayStation 5.

It's not really progress if we're forced to give him back at the end of the season, is it?

If Twine looks like a top Championship player over the next 6 months, we won't get to keep him.
If Twine doesn't have an impact over the next 6 months, we won't want to keep him.

So what position are we in come summer?
The same position we're in now, minus whatever fees we've paid to take Twine on loan, and having invested a few months of development in someone else's player rather than one of our own players.

• Like 2

We have swapped Weimann, who isn't a fit for the way we want to play, for Twine, who is.  Probably for around the same outlay in terms of loan fee/wages. 

It seems like Burnley want more than he's generally thought to be worth, so it doesn't seem that he was ever a sensible permanent signing if that is the case. 

What we have done is improve the squad for now.  We can then focus on the market in the summer when we have much better chance of getting value.  

Welcome Scott. 

Mods:  This is still a signing so shouldn't this be moved to the main forum?  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

It's not really progress if we're forced to give him back at the end of the season, is it?

If Twine looks like a top Championship player over the next 6 months, we won't get to keep him.
If Twine doesn't have an impact over the next 6 months, we won't want to keep him.

The same position we're in now, minus whatever fees we've paid to take Twine on loan, and having invested a few months of development in someone else's player rather than one of our own players.

“It's not really progress if we're forced to give him back at the end of the season, is it?” - What happens if we make the Premier League?

Lots of ifs…………

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

On a bizarre basis, the “best” result for us may be Twine not performing well for the rest of the season (my feeling is that how he performs won’t make a huge difference to if LM wants him permanently in the summer as he knows him well enough already).

As noted, barring some bizarre turns, we aren’t going up or down so ST being “indifferent” probably doesn’t impact that. If he is, then it’s unlikely others will be interested and the price will remain depressed. So, the best long term result may be a solid but unspectacular loan spell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

I am fed up with our supporters getting hysterical at every turn. It's like the Lansdowns have come into your house and taken your money for this signing.

I am really sick of our whiny entitled supporters. We sound like spoiled kids who are angry because they didn't get a game with their PlayStation 5.

Best you stay off the forum, it clearly won’t do your blood pressure any good. 

Thankfully this place is not a church with people singing off the same hymn sheet as that frankly would be very dull.

Other than a bit of stirring from the usual accounts most of the debate on this thread has been reasoned even if you don’t agree with it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Wow - this thread got mental.

Am i allowed to be pleased he has joined? TBH i couldnt give a toss if it costs the club a few quid - just give me entertaining football and if this lad is the spark - bring it on

Hallelujah Tony 👏

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnheadbcfc said:

The agreement does not include an option to buy, as was the case with Taylor Gardner-Hickman's loan from West Brom, but there is a confidence that if the 24-year-old proves a success a more long-term resolution can be reached, albeit with the security such a clause would provide.

from bristol post, hopefully we have atleast a gentleman's agreement over price.

⭕

I reckon that quote might magically change in the next few minutes! 🤣🤣🤣

Mr Piercy missed 3 letters out.  It will change the context!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

On a bizarre basis, the “best” result for us may be Twine not performing well for the rest of the season (my feeling is that how he performs won’t make a huge difference to if LM wants him permanently in the summer as he knows him well enough already).

As noted, barring some bizarre turns, we aren’t going up or down so ST being “indifferent” probably doesn’t impact that. If he is, then it’s unlikely others will be interested and the price will remain depressed. So, the best long term result may be a solid but unspectacular loan spell.

I was thinking similar things actually.

The best strategy from here is if Twine can use training sessions to show Manning he'll be world class for us, but then make a conscious effort to play absolutely f****** awfully for the rest of the season and drive his price as low as possible. We'll then pick him up permanently for £1m at the end of the season and Manning can tell him to start playing well again 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

“It's not really progress if we're forced to give him back at the end of the season, is it?” - What happens if we make the Premier League?

Lots of ifs…………

Sure, but those are some bloody big ifs for a team in 14th who haven't looked anywhere near being a promotion contender this season.......

57 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

But its his view as well.

As you and others have said more than once, its a forum for views and opinions.

Not everyone is able to articulate their views as well as some others (not that I'm saying the person in question is unable to do that).

It’s not an opinion on the subject matter is it, really?  It’s a dig at the posters.  You’ve seen enough similar posts on this thread tonight, it doesn’t help does it?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

It’s extremely unlikely that when TGH was brought here on loan that making it permanent was dependent on Weimann going on loan to WBA in January. As it happens, this is what has accelerated the deal meaning we’ve gained a player permanently that was always here until at least end of season anyway but then lost a definite match day player, after TGH has done very well with us to earn it. 

So I’m thinking isn’t most of the Twine wage offset by Weimann at this stage?  It was always likely we would be taking TGH and this would have been already factored in. But with Weimann going now we needed someone decent to come in, proven and match day ready at this level, at a similar position - Twine is that and hopefully better than what we’ve lost.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I am delighted and disgusted with this signing.

The board are hypocrites, and have now sanctioned the signing of a player who could get us into the playoffs.

I for one won't be stepping inside Ashton Gate until the Lansdowns have gone, but can't wait to take my seat tomorrow night.

Your seat? On the sofa 😂

This is a decent loan. Think Twine is the type of player we need to give Tommy the goal scoring opportunities he’s been starved of in recent games. This will help Tommy’s development and show us how far along he really is! Be interesting to see how the system is tweaked to accommodate him.

54 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think there are pros and cons to the deal.

You can ask, but nobody on here is gonna share it.  My gut feel (you can take it or leave it) is that it will be a sensible fee, but I’m trying to put 2+2 together and guessing so not saying “I know” because I don’t.  I think if it was a stupid loan fee we wouldn’t have even done the loan.  I can see the same logic with the transfer fee.  Burnley want too much for us to commit, so we’ve said no.  I have no problem with us saying “no”.  I’d rather not return to MA days of being bullied (fooled) by Chelsea.

Sensible.

Posts don’t have to point score do they? 🤷🏻‍♂️

@Davefevs to all questions that you don't know about City, just refer the posters to Ian Gay. I think he has an answer for just about anything to do with City at the moment on Social Media.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1