IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

27 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

If Nige and Richard Gould brought him in he'd be happy as Larry.

Because they didn't he's been playing his smallest violin.

I would have the exact same thoughts in the exact same circumstances. 

Let's not get all silly now. 

It's unlikely Nige and Gould would have brought him in on a loan based on a whole body of evidence so your point is entirely irrelevant. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Just a typical January deal that many other clubs do . Summer is the time to do the real business and tie down contracts, all the toys out the prams on here is embarrassing is as if there has to be a constant moanfest from Nigel's jilted fans. Of course it's all meant to continue knocking the owners and to undermine anything new. 

I am sure Pops and Dave will sort it out.

It is a typical loan signing like many clubs do.

Summer is a good time too.

But also, getting ahead of the game and agreeing an option to buy a player you probably want next season is better, isn’t it?  There is no commitment.

If we use Ogbene as an example.  We tried to sign him last January, because we knew we’d be down the pecking order in the summer.  Rotherham wouldn’t budge.  They obviously balanced out losing him on free vs championship survival vs how much we were offering.

There are very few toys out the pram (and it’s on both sides), but mainly just people expressing their opinion on the merits of deal that changed tack over a period of time and people reflecting on it.

~~~~~~

Your post makes you come across like you are a big baby!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

If Nige and Richard Gould brought him in he'd be happy as Larry.

Because they didn't he's been playing his smallest violin.

Bit of a silly comment really. A large proportion of the posts on this thread welcome the idea of signing Twine, but merely questioning the wisdom or otherwise of a pure loan deal when we are not going to get relegated and very unlikely to be promoted, it just seems to be a pointless outlay of cash and a wage for little or no outcome. If seriously pushing for a playoff position and by that I mean regularly in the top 6, then fair enough, it’s a punt to get you up there. If this had been a TGH type loan with a buy option at the end then I suspect this thread would be a lot shorter.

If the fee Burnley wanted was too high now, what would happen if he were to be a success, he’d go even further out of our price range and we’ve just done Burnley’s marketing for them, arguably the alternative could be true in that if he tanks no one would justify his £5m price. 

Why not develop someone into the role from the academy or bring in a player we could develop from lower down the leagues, if our list of options exist.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mozo said:

A lot of fans are still bitter about the treatment of Nige.

The thing for me is how much the loan is costing us. If we're paying a boatload of cash that we allegedly don't have to spend, just to wave goodbye to the player in May, it seems a bit excessive. Perhaps we negotiated a good loan fee, but who knows?

A couple of possibilities spring to mind... maybe we are offering more money than Hull did.

Or maybe the player preferred to play nearer his hometown. After the permanent deal couldn't be reached, Hull and Twine may have had a chat about what suited him best.

Afternoon Chaps. Just thought I'd fill you in with our perspective.

Probably the biggest factor in Scott Twine ending his time at HCAFC is the arrival of Fabio Carvalho.  That will significantly reduce pitch time of Twine for the remainder of the season.

In addition to this, as solid as Twine is at this level, its fair to say that, for us, he hasn't pulled up any trees. Not altogether his fault as due to injuries he's spent a lot of time wide left instead of his preferred #10 position.

Also, we will sign either Rak-Sakyi from Palace or Benson from Burnley to play wide right, giving us a forward line of Benson/Rak-Sakyi, Carvalho and Philogene behind a Central Striker.  This leaves little room for Twine.

I think he's a good signing for you particularly as Manning will play him in his natural position and get the best out of him.

Good luck for the rest of the season as long as it's not at our expense!! 😎

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is a typical loan signing like many clubs do.

Summer is a good time too.

But also, getting ahead of the game and agreeing an option to buy a player you probably want next season is better, isn’t it?  There is no commitment.

If we use Ogbene as an example.  We tried to sign him last January, because we knew we’d be down the pecking order in the summer.  Rotherham wouldn’t budge.  They obviously balanced out losing him on free vs championship survival vs how much we were offering.

There are very few toys out the pram (and it’s on both sides), but mainly just people expressing their opinion on the merits of deal that changed tack over a period of time and people reflecting on it.

~~~~~~

Your post makes you come across like you are a big baby!

Loans with no option/obligation are most common.

Loans with an option and with an obligation to buy are the minority of loans over here (I think different on the continent).

There's a lot of people clearly upset that we weren't able to get an agreement to something that's not the usual thing with loan deals over here.

5 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Bit of a silly comment really. A large proportion of the posts on this thread welcome the idea of signing Twine, but merely questioning the wisdom or otherwise of a pure loan deal when we are not going to get relegated and very unlikely to be promoted, it just seems to be a pointless outlay of cash and a wage for little or no outcome. If seriously pushing for a playoff position and by that I mean regularly in the top 6, then fair enough, it’s a punt to get you up there. If this had been a TGH type loan with a buy option at the end then I suspect this thread would be a lot shorter.

If the fee Burnley wanted was too high now, what would happen if he were to be a success, he’d go even further out of our price range and we’ve just done Burnley’s marketing for them, arguably the alternative could be true in that if he tanks no one would justify his £5m price. 

Why not develop someone into the role from the academy or bring in a player we could develop from lower down the leagues, if our list of options exist.

We are not allowed to talk about the running of the club on here. 

We must all nod along in agreement with every decision JL and BT make and must thank SL for giving us a fantastic stadium to play in. 

There is of course satire in this post. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We are not allowed to talk about the running of the club on here. 

We must all nod along in agreement with every decision JL and BT make and must thank SL for giving us a fantastic stadium to play in. 

There is of course satire in this post. 

You literally just say the same thing.

However, you missed the bit where you usually say. They get personal blah blah..

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Georgie Bell said:

Probably the biggest factor in Scott Twine ending his time at HCAFC is the arrival of Fabio Carvalho.  That will significantly reduce pitch time of Twine for the remainder of the season.

In addition to this, as solid as Twine is at this level, its fair to say that, for us, he hasn't pulled up any trees. Not altogether his fault as due to injuries he's spent a lot of time wide left instead of his preferred #10 position.

Also, we will sign either Rak-Sakyi from Palace or Benson from Burnley to play wide right, giving us a forward line of Benson/Rak-Sakyi, Carvalho and Philogene behind a Central Striker.  This leaves little room for Twine.

I think he's a good signing for you particularly as Manning will play him in his natural position and get the best out of him.

@FNQ that’s one reason.  There are others too.

7 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Loans with no option/obligation are most common.

Loans with an option and with an obligation to buy are the minority of loans over here (I think different on the continent).

There's a lot of people clearly upset that we weren't able to get an agreement to something that's not the usual thing with loan deals over here.

I posted that earlier in response to someone else, explaining a scenario when they are used.

• Like 1

One thing that's not been discussed I don't think is that maybe there is a possibility of continuing negotiations to eventually include that option? 

Maybe the loan was just done to gehim in the building.

But once again we have absolutely no idea because the communication is non existent despite Tony Wilkins proclaiming how great communication now is. 

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

The distinction is that Alex Scott was our own player, so when he left in summer we received £25m to improve.

I watched Alex Scott playing knowing that I wouldn't see a penny of the £25m that he was likely to be sold for, I am just a fan after all. Is there some sort of share scheme I have been missing out on all these years?

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

You literally just say the same thing.

However, you missed the bit where you usually say. They get personal blah blah..

I pint my concerns about how the club is run on various different subjects. 

If you see it as anything different to that, then I politely suggest that has something to do with your own agenda. 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

All very reasonable questions. All very reasonable concerns, challenges.

But........over-thinking it?? 

Six months is a very long time in football. So many if's and but's along the way.

It doesn't feel to me like it's some kind of massive departure from our direction of travel/strategy. 

I'm just looking forward to seeing a good player, who'll give us something different, and - even if we don't make 6th (I don't think we will) - may contribute to us ending the season with more confidence about next. And let's see where we, Burnley, Twine, Williams and everyone else is then.

Yeah maybe overthinking but just discussing it…probably one to reassess in the summer really - as I say, on paper a great addition, but I’m not a massive fan of the if’s and but’s, wait and see strategy. 

I prefer every player to have a plan for us and one beyond 6 months personally. Maybe Twine does have that and we don’t know about yet, as others have intimated. Also given the rumours about how the deal came about, the loan doesn’t seem unreasonable.

It is a departure somewhat, as I believe under RG and NP we wouldn’t have made this signing in this form, even if we wanted or ‘needed’ the player. 

Time will tell what value he brings in the next 6 months. 

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I watched Alex Scott playing knowing that I wouldn't see a penny of the £25m that he was likely to be sold for, I am just a fan after all. Is there some sort of share scheme I have been missing out on all these years?

What's with all the silly posts today? Must be Fa Cup fever. 

I watched Alex Scott knowing he'd be sold for 25 million and that the Club I support would benefit from that 25 million. For example, it would clear us of any ffp worries. 

If you're watching football in the hope you'll gain financially that's probably where you're going wrong. Oh deary me, I'm getting silly now. Must be catching. 

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We're unlikely to ever know the figure. 

However he's certainly not cost us 50p. Loans are expensive. 

If he were to lead us to the premier league, that's value for money. But let's be honest, we wrote this season off a long time ago and he's not going to be leading us to the premier league. So in that sense I don't really see the point in bringing in a short term costly signing. May aswell concentrate on the future. 

"We wrote this season off a long time ago"

Whos we, WE are 4 points off playoffs 

I’m pleased we’re tentatively back in the loan’s market. No loans was one of NP’s eccentricities I was never convinced by. And this seems a decent shout, albeit one motivated by a short term desire- a pretty desperate desire- from the owners to rescue something from the second half of the season and justify the managerial swap. We’ll see what Twine is made of as he’ll be properly incentivised. Seen too many loanees playing for as long as it takes to confirm the soft contract.

19 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

People with opinions.

You don’t have any opinions?

Or you prefer not to hear opinions you don’t agree with??

Always amazing how often someone comes on OTIB, a forum for discussion and opinions and complains about there being discussions and opinions….:dunno:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

"We wrote this season off a long time ago"

Whos we, WE are 4 points off playoffs 

I’m part of the “we”, uninspiring football, not scoring goals or even creating a huge number of clear cut chances, plus we seem to have found our previous propensity for conceding soft goals, none of that smacks of a run that’s likely to get us into a play off position. 

Aside from Watford on Boxing Day, there been little to suggest all season that we are anything other than a lower-mid championship team.

The utter toss that was our Preston performance has extinguished whatever was left about optimistic flame I had, and believe me I had one as my pre-season optimism will cost me a £300+ meal after a bet with a couple of mates.

39 minutes ago, Georgie Bell said:

Thanks for your observant comments, in his correct position, and with a manager who seemed to get the best out of him previously,  I think (Hope?) that he will prove to be a success?   Just wondering...............Are Hull not sailing a little close to the FFP wind with the expensive signings they continue to make?

Edited by maxjak

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Id love to have him here on either a loan with an option to buy or on a permanent. 

But as its just a short term deal then I'm unsure about the benefits of it. We've long made a big deal about how we give players a chance etc and now we are kinda blocking them. 

If there is no one from the Academy capable of stepping up this season as a playmaker, then it is not a case of blocking, but a smart bit of business to hopefully revive our season?   I am certain that if ST proves to be a success, we have contingency plans to recruit him..............Looks like Win, Win to me.

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

You don’t have any opinions?

Or you prefer not to hear opinions you don’t agree with??

Always amazing how often someone comes on OTIB, a forum for discussion and opinions and complains about there being discussions and opinions….:dunno:

That’s quite the deduction you’ve made about a post consisting of three words. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, Malago said:

Burnley may well be relegated and be forced into a fire sale in the summer, in which case if the player wants to stay will be in a prime position to sign him at a cost lower than the current asking price.  Who knows?  

If they go down they will need some championship standard players and would probably offer better bonus opportunities for him plus a better side to play in.

Inreresting spot of cash splashing in Janury I think.

The BCFC brains trust may actually reckon we are in with a shout of top 6 minimum.

• Haha 1