IGNORED

SL Speaks

Silvio Dante

32 minutes ago, TheReds said:

When you say we won't use any of the Scott money to strengthen how long are you giving this exactly, because at the moment it's been about 3 days and not 3 years.

Out of interest, how much should he/we spend out of that, on how many players/positions and what are the wages? Who do we get rid of and at what cost? How does it affect FFP in years to come?

Getting 20 million in doesn't simply mean we can just go and spend what we want. I also would be a bit baffled if our owner and manager went out in the press to tell them we have money to spend.

I said use some of the funds to strengthen the team due to the selling of Scott. I never said we can spend what we want . Also I thought that we did not have to sell Scott due to FFP and we could have kept him and still be on the right side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

"wait for that moment"

What moment? What does it look like?

To me Steve came across as someone who has had the ambition kicked out of them.

Come on Steve, make it happen!

He looked a bit downbeat and defeated didn't he.

Hard to tell from a small clip but how much should we spend now in your view.

3 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

"wait for that moment"

What moment? What does it look like?

To me Steve came across as someone who has had the ambition kicked out of them.

Come on Steve, make it happen!

Course he has, our own fans have done that. The guy can never win, so he's probably wondering what the point is. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Do you really think SL believes it's just luck and consistency? 

Seriously? 

No! But why then only mention luck and consistency when talking about Luton? 

Why not also say, they've recruited very well, are a difficult physical team to deal with, have appointed the right managers... and we need to do better at all that.

A bit of honesty like that might give us all confidence he's on the right track and not some egotistical,  geriatric bampot which, sadly, is how he comes across sometimes. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps he was anticipating OTIB's reaction to his interview! :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Ooh, ark at Russell Grant!

Mystic ExiledAjax

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hard to tell from a small clip but how much should we spend now in your view.

Possibly from something nothing to do with football. Maybe they just didn't catch him on a good day?

24 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

No! But why then only mention luck and consistency when talking about Luton? 

Why not also say, they've recruited very well, are a difficult physical team to deal with, have appointed the right managers... and we need to do better at all that.

A bit of honesty like that might give us all confidence he's on the right track and not some egotistical,  geriatric bampot which, sadly, is how he comes across sometimes. 

Look at the whole context of the interview. The Luton example was in reference to being able to achieve promotion without parachute payments. 

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Really? Interesting shall look back at these..

The Wigan approach was one that Danny Wilson told me he was all a out when I bumped in to him in a bar, the theory being, 'keep a clean sheet', so whilst the business model might have been different, it would explain him not putting Lita on the bench that time!

Can't remember if it was SL or SD who mentioned the others.

But basically, it was find a club with comparable support size and budget and do what they did. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Don’t understand why SL gets so much stick, no one ever seems to offer an alternative to him

He deserves praise for a lot of things he’s done but also deserves criticism for a lot he’s got horribly wrong, I’ve got a nasty feeling he’ll get rid of nige without properly backing him, he’ll then chuck aload of money at his new yes man 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I said use some of the funds to strengthen the team due to the selling of Scott. I never said we can spend what we want . Also I thought that we did not have to sell Scott due to FFP and we could have kept him and still be on the right side.

You did say only this club would not use any of its star players money to strengthen, so my question was how long are you giving this exactly, seeing as he has literally only been gone a few days, and how do you know we won't spend any of it? Does January count if we don't spend in this window? The Scott money will be part of any spend in the next few years I expect as it was that significant.

So in your opinion how much should we spend, on how many players and what positions, what would happily be spent on wages seeing as we have a cap in place and how would it affect FFP in future years?

I never said we had to sell Scott due to FFP, but do you think it is sensible to keep every player under contract who wants to play Prem football and turn down a club record fee? I'd have loved him to stay but surely you just cannot keep players in that situation.

Sorry, the spend what we want comment wasn't specifically aimed at you even if it seemed that way, it was meant just as a general point.

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

Never doubted that the guy is well intentioned but he always backs the wrong horse manager wise IMO and gives the good ones less to spend to cover these losses

This for me. I just get this feeling deep down that he doesn’t particularly like Pearson, he was backed into a corner massively after the shambles that was Dean Holden and IMO felt pressured to appointment an experienced manager like Pearson to appease the fanbase and get us out of the shit.

What really irritates me is that we had to wait to find ourselves up shit creek before appointing Pearson. As others have said he back the wrong horse massively in LJ. With the right manager in the period between 2017-2020 I genuinely think we could have got promoted.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1

Just now, The Journalist said:

Haven't read all the other comments, so apologies, but the jibe about Luton getting promoted with "far less talent than we have in our squad" was ******* poor.

Totally agree, he really doesn’t understand football that’s been obvious for all of his tenure 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I find myself content, embodying the perspective of an optimist who sees the glass as half full ?. The negatives hold little sway in my assessment, for our current standing far surpasses the state in which we found ourselves upon his assumption of leadership. This single fact is paramount for me. I remain impervious to any counterarguments suggesting that our current state could have been achieved without the influence of SL; such notions belong to the realm of fantasy. My stance is unwavering, and I'm disinclined to engage in a discourse over this matter, as no amount of discussion can sway my deep-seated respect and gratitude I have for him. H'es made mistakes, of course he has. He himself fully admits he isn't a "football" man, so he's had to rely on the people around him.

For those whose allegiance to this club aligns exclusively with his tenure, allow me to assure you—SL's intervention served as our salvation. 

Since SL and Dawes kicked out our double winning manager SC, he alone has got us to where we are today with his poor manager choices, and "the people around him"  they are there because he wants them there; his money, his choices, his club.

Other clubs have chosen better managers/staff and they have passed us by, yes some have chosen worse but lets make no mistake here we are where we are today because of SL......forever going around in circles imo, mediocre and lacking any nerve to make a forward step.

7 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Haven't read all the other comments, so apologies, but the jibe about Luton getting promoted with "far less talent than we have in our squad" was ******* poor.

Aye, especially when we signed two of them, and they still got promoted! - If our players were already more talented, why did we sign them?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wtf said:

Since SL and Dawes kicked out our double winning manager SC, he alone has got us to where we are today with his poor manager choices, and "the people around him"  they are there because he wants them there; his money, his choices, his club.

Other clubs have chosen better managers/staff and they have passed us by, yes some have chosen worse but lets make no mistake here we are where we are today because of SL......forever going around in circles imo, mediocre and lacking any nerve to make a forward step.

Not only did SL kick him out, our fans basically did too. The fans were calling for his head!!! He was openly arguing with fans in the crowd. 

Okay, put it this way, what would you have done differently and when? 

Edited by Ghost Rider