IGNORED

Garry O'Neil.

19 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why would VAR in the championship be any different to Prem? Maybe you can answer that question without any sarcasm 

We'd be the Wolves of the championship, so still wouldn't get any penalty decisions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChrisBW said:

Should be a review system, one per manager per game. PNE could have reviewed the Vyner penalty (which was a pen) , we could review the foul on Bell Saturday (shoved over clear as day), and wolves could appeal the pen tonight. Really easy.

I’ve long since said it should be a manager review system…take the pressure off the refs first of all.  Put a bit of pressure on managers / players to 1) be honest 2) understand the rules 3) let them have to face the music for a poor decision they made to review.  It would lessen the amount if reviews too, less time wasted.

48 minutes ago, ChrisBW said:

Less pressure and no favouritism to Englands elite.

There is the same pecking order in the Champ too.  The likes of Leeds will get them over Rotherham.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

That was a pretty dull evening until the final minute of stoppage. That’s the worst VAR non-intervention I think I’ve ever seen.

You also can’t imagine we’ll be seeing much of Michael Salisbury in the future, the VAR tonight… given he was also stood down for a game last season after missing that high-profile penalty in the Tottenham-Brighton match.

Full GON piece up now - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66506026

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChrisBW said:

Should be a review system, one per manager per game. PNE could have reviewed the Vyner penalty (which was a pen) , we could review the foul on Bell Saturday (shoved over clear as day), and wolves could appeal the pen tonight. Really easy.

How would that help? VAR looked at it and said it wasn’t a pen. Who would the review go to?

Also what pen on Vyner?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

How would that help? VAR looked at it and said it wasn’t a pen. Who would the review go to?

Also what pen on Vyner?

Agree - the same people are still going to make the same mistakes 

Edited by Rob k
  • Like 1

Let’s face the standard of refereeing is at a time low in both the EFL and the premiership. It would be interesting ? to hear the referee on a microphone ? explain his decision. This has worked well in the woman’s world ? cup. 
In our opening game against Preston there was a clear handball in the build up to the Preston goal ? my reaction and the guys around me was normal service has resumed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

It’s about time the refs were mic’d so we could hear the discussion and at least understand what they are looking at and how they’ve got to their conclusion.

VAR:  Just going to look at that incident again

Ref:  Ok, let me know how it goes.

VAR:  No penalty - incident happened in Man Utd's box therefore nothing to review.

Ref:  Ok, I'm going to book O'Neill for having the temerity to ask for one.

VAR:  Spot on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
11 hours ago, ChrisBW said:

As a qualified ref myself Hooper should be binned for missing it in the first place.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Very likely to happen 

All officials involved with the game last night have been dropped from this weekends fixtures

17 minutes ago, ChrisBW said:

They also get paid a ridiculous amount which isn’t justifiable with such poor decisions.

Now that the elite group or whatever they called are fully professional, and as you say, paid well for it…their standard should improve.  They’ve got worse.  There is no excuse for last night.  A ref can miss something, for all kinds of valid reasons, but VAR???

As a ref yourself, it must undermine you…surely it lowers respect if nothing?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Now that the elite group or whatever they called are fully professional, and as you say, paid well for it…their standard should improve.  They’ve got worse.  There is no excuse for last night.  A ref can miss something, for all kinds of valid reasons, but VAR???

As a ref yourself, it must undermine you…surely it lowers respect if nothing?

To be honest I don’t care enough to compare myself to the top tier. But you do notice so many basic mistakes that are inexcusable, and they are clearly told to ignore things that the local league players go mad about. 

Against PNE Kian Best their left back was on throw ins on his side, every throw his left foot was coming so high it was on a level with his right knee, it was ridiculous, the most blatant foul throws time and time again…..completely ignored. They have clearly been told to ignore.

How can Hooper not book Varane for going into the crowd? This is what they have been told to do and he completely ignores.

like all walks of life, if you want to get to the top re:reffing then it’s about who you know not how good you are, I’m far too old to even contemplate it but some decisions are scandalous and difficult to justify.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s happened already.

Gary O'Neil says PGMOL's Jon Moss spoke to him after the game and has admitted @Wolves should have had a penalty and it was a clear and obvious error.

Personally I’m massively reassured that Jon Moss is now in charge here.

In his last ever game as a ref he denied Huddersfield two blatant penalties in the playoff final against Forest, so someone with a record of favouring the bigger club will be right at home with whitewashing the “controversial” decisions that United & Liverpool consistently get.

1 hour ago, ChrisBW said:

They also get paid a ridiculous amount which isn’t justifiable with such poor decisions.

And who the PGMOL get their money from? Would it be the Premier League and Efl -  who know which clubs will bring the most most money in.

(No conspiracy theory here.)