IGNORED

Henri Lansbury has retired from football

to focus on his lawn care business, which has been endorsed by none other than Micah Richards, Tom Lockyer and James Chester, who are apparently really impressed with the results. Have to say I was less than impressed with the results of his short time here, but let’s hope that football’s loss is grass’ gain (pun intended) 

https://www.grassgains.co.uk

6 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

to focus on his lawn care business, which has been endorsed by none other than Micah Richards, Tom Lockyer and James Chester, who are apparently really impressed with the results. Have to say I was less than impressed with the results of his short time here, but let’s hope that football’s loss is grass’ gain (pun intended) 

https://www.grassgains.co.uk

I knew we signed him too late. With that type of business he’d have been dynamite under LJ.

• Haha 4
  • Flames 2

He couldn’t have arrived at a much worse time, in the COVID season right at the tail end of Holden’s time in charge when the wheels had completely fallen off.

In a terrible side he was by no means our worst player (his pass at Millwall for Tommy Conway’s first ever goal was sublime, if Liam Walsh had ever managed to do that we would never have heard the end of it) plus as he proved as a squad player at Luton with the right team mates around him he could do a steady job.

I can think of plenty who have been worse & hung around for far longer picking up wages & giving nothing back.

• Like 10

Just goes to show how bad at managing money footballers must be to need a career after football. 

I bet Lansbury averaged 25k/week over the course of his career. 

That’s £15.6m for a 12 year career.

(This is semi tongue in cheek based upon a Simpson’s episode where it’s suggested Principal Skinner is a millionaire based upon his 25 year career at 40k)

That'll be doing the perfectly striped lawns of Prem and Championship  (but not L1) footballers and other proper wealthy sorts, you would think, whilst Bakes does their investments. Gardens that you see in magazines whilst waiting at the dentist. I don't suppose he'll be mowing in the suburbs for £20 an hour.

My Mountfield (I call it "Derek") is playing up at the moment, struggle to get the thing started.

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Just goes to show how bad at managing money footballers must be to need a career after football. 

I bet Lansbury averaged 25k/week over the course of his career. 

That’s £15.6m for a 12 year career.

(This is semi tongue in cheek based upon a Simpson’s episode where it’s suggested Principal Skinner is a millionaire based upon his 25 year career at 40k)

From what I know ( think I read it ) outside football he’s not your average player , loves dogs ,lived on a farm and generally loves the outdoor life , don’t think he was a clubs ,pubs look at me type footballer .

2 hours ago, HoldenBall said:

I can guarantee any midfielder you are thinking of would of put more effort then Lansbury 

Tony Dining.

Lansbury had very little impact here - but was part of a pretty dreadful period here.

I don't think anyone would have come in & looked great.

47 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Andy Smith (footballer, born 1980) - Wikipedia

I always say this is the worst 'footballer' I ever saw play for the club. He tried, though, in fact he tried really hard. He was just rubbish.

Not sure what's worse.

Smith was really poor but there were plenty of others in the Osman era & under Cooper too when we were playing literally anyone to field a side.

This has been done to death several times before but the likes of Colin Loss & Henry McKop under Osman, Paul Williams, Simon Panes & loads of kids given 2/3 games who never made it & just before TC arrived Ray Gooding & Les Carter, absolute shite. Chris Brunt was a terrible signing under Holden (literally couldn’t run), Jody Morris has already been mentioned too, personally I think Liam Walsh did less.

Lansbury played regularly in a side that went up to the Prem after leaving us, he was of a far higher standard than all of these, as has been pointed out above picked the worst time to arrive.