IGNORED

DISPLAY FOR BIRMINGHAM (H) - S25, S26 & S27 - PLEASE READ/SHARE

James

I must admit this whole thread is making me laugh somewhat after the below was a game I attended in Gdańsk, Poland recently, where they were firing hundreds of flares at the roof for about 10 minutes whilst the rest of the stadium applauded and sang along ? imagine the reaction on here 

9000B8E7-52F4-4343-9660-19C08B69839D.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Would it have been so hard to have started from a position of "we're going to do a display of xyz at the Birmingham game (insert rest of what the original post had)"

Rather than "we're gonna do a display, but you're not allowed to know what it will be"

I suspect the former would gave had all the support that the latter has, but without the 'pushback' of people asking what the display is (not a single person has actually objected to there being a display, despite the suggestions of a few comments)

Possibly even could have had a few people asking if they can get involved or help out in any way, rather than manufacturing an us (who arrange these things) and them (who only ever join in)-like dynamic 

Would it not be better for Section 82, the atmosphere and therefore hopefully City too if more people wanted to actively contribute towards these types of things going forwards?

That's not what I said though, do try reading it again.

You clearly put clique 

4 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

You clearly put clique 

I also clearly put a qualifier beforehand

But it appears you saw the word 'clique' took umbrage to that and ignored the rest of that sentence to draw the conclusion that you wanted to find

I also 'clearly' said "I'd suggest..." following the qualifier 

Not "I'd state for absolute certain..."

Edited by transfer reader

10 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

I must admit this whole thread is making me laugh somewhat after the below was a game I attended in Gdańsk, Poland recently, where they were firing hundreds of flares at the roof for about 10 minutes whilst the rest of the stadium applauded and sang along ? imagine the reaction on here 

Broadly positive I'd suggest, as (once again) no one has been critical of doing something

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I think it is only natural for people to ask what it is about and if it is not answered they get a bit edgy about it.

Some people don't like surprises.

Sure it is all very well intended and will go off fine.

I don’t understand why this seems to be the unpopular stance 

6 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Broadly positive I'd suggest, as (once again) no one has been critical of doing something

That would not get a positive reaction here ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I don’t understand why this seems to be the unpopular stance 

That would not get a positive reaction here ?

There'd be 2 points of complaint 

1. Smoke from flares, this has some validity, but if properly communicated to people in advance that could be negated to a degree 

2. With flares being banned and the club liable to penalties for them it would be stupid.

In a scenario where 2 wasn't an issue, and what I said in 1 happened then there's no reason why the reaction here wouldn't be broadly (not universally) positive.

However as it stands, flares at our games tend to be 1, maybe 2 (which then just looks crap) and they get launched forwards into the rest of the crowd when a steward heads their way (resulting in possible injuries to other fans, as has happened and been posted on here about before)

But those are both consequences of point 2, and for the purposes of the hypothetical  was going along with flares not being banned. 

43 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

I also clearly put a qualifier beforehand

But it appears you saw the word 'clique' took umbrage to that and ignored the rest of that sentence to draw the conclusion that you wanted to find

I also 'clearly' said "I'd suggest..." following the qualifier 

Not "I'd state for absolute certain..."

Ok

Edited by Wedontplayinblue

22 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

There'd be 2 points of complaint 

1. Smoke from flares, this has some validity, but if properly communicated to people in advance that could be negated to a degree 

2. With flares being banned and the club liable to penalties for them it would be stupid.

In a scenario where 2 wasn't an issue, and what I said in 1 happened then there's no reason why the reaction here wouldn't be broadly (not universally) positive.

However as it stands, flares at our games tend to be 1, maybe 2 (which then just looks crap) and they get launched forwards into the rest of the crowd when a steward heads their way (resulting in possible injuries to other fans, as has happened and been posted on here about before)

But those are both consequences of point 2, and for the purposes of the hypothetical  was going along with flares not being banned. 

I’d bet you’d love to complain, your trip advisor account must be amazing. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

With regards to flares I wonder if it has something to do with fire alarms, in the sense that if there was a fire in the stadium and the alarm went off some people may just assume it's down to the flares and not make their way out of the stadium? I know it sounds daft but in the UK health and safety are very aggressive when it comes to stupid things like this.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“This is a display that will mean a lot, to a lot of people”

Not a criticism of the display itself and the effort that has gone into it, but the above statement and the accompanying smoke and mirrors does seem a little bizarre now.

Very much so. Still at least all the Neanderthals have had a good time throwing paper aeroplanes ?? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Is that a reference to anything or anyone of significance? I don't get it

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“This is a display that will mean a lot, to a lot of people”

Not a criticism of the display itself and the effort that has gone into it, but the above statement and the accompanying smoke and mirrors does seem a little bizarre now.

The only conclusion I can draw is that it's in relation to Lisa Fillingham, otherwise I haven't the foggiest?‍♀️

2 hours ago, BUTOR said:

I looked great until the roof caught fire and three people died..

?