IGNORED

Rotherham away live on SKY

Super

47 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Of all the games we could have been televised this is probably the least glamorous of all of them. Why this was chosen I have no idea!

Sky have to show each team a certain number of times. This fixture ticks the box for two teams they'd really rather not show at all. As @slartibartfast points out as well.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Sky have to show each team a certain number of times. This fixture ticks the box for two teams they'd really rather not show at all. As @slartibartfast points out as well.

Yep. They had it on for the same reason last season. They are so transparent. Personally I'd like to see as many matches not involving the recently relegated as possible.

If fact I could (and I will) go so far as say I'd like to see them drop down to League One and show The Gas (preferably at home, so I can see what the locals grow in their back garden veg patches), rather than their usual Leeds United w-fest.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yep. They had it on for the same reason last season. They are so transparent. Personally I'd like to see as many matches not involving the recently relegated as possible.

If fact I could (and I will) go so far as say I'd like to see them drop down to League One and show The Gas (preferably at home, so I can see what the locals grow in their back garden veg patches), rather than their usual Leeds United w-fest.

We were the least televised team last season - just 4 games on Sky - that is the bare minimum. We were the only team to be shown only the bare minimum of times.

Personally, as I watch via RobinsTV and don't have Sky, it works for me. Any game on Sky isn't on RobinsTV so for those matches I either miss them, try and find a pub that I can somehow persuade to put us on, or have to use some sort of dodgy stream.

• Like 4

I can recall the comments when I use to attend Sky's Annual general meetings asking for more City games live on telly.

Now I don't attend, look what has happened

Well I will be at Rotherham,who else is heading to the New York stadium.

With the game being a mid week date,

Sky have given us nothing,

as all mid week games are on the red button.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

With the game being a mid week date,

Sky have given us nothing,

as all mid week games are on the red button.

Good point John.

Is there a smell of Gas at Sky, or did someone at City badly offend a Sky exec at some point?

My thoughts are no one in the media likes us,and I DO care.

Not many games on Sky

always last to be shown on the ITV highlights show (which I am gonna mention at next years ITV AGM in May 2024

and the team that gets least amount of penalities

Don't care about not having games on telly or last on the highlights programme,I can cope with that.

Its penalties being awarded against us for no reason, and no penaltys being give to us for cast iron fouls, that I am not happy about

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

We were the least televised team last season - just 4 games on Sky - that is the bare minimum. We were the only team to be shown only the bare minimum of times.

Personally, as I watch via RobinsTV and don't have Sky, it works for me. Any game on Sky isn't on RobinsTV so for those matches I either miss them, try and find a pub that I can somehow persuade to put us on, or have to use some sort of dodgy stream.

Yes for we expats not being on Sky is a good thing as it’s shown on ESPN+ PPV and consequently not ON BCTV. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Duty bound to show every team so kill two birds with one stone and get the two most unfashionable clubs out of the way in one hit ?

Yes, agree this is almost certainly why such a boring looking fixture has been picked.

In fairness, I don't think it's so much that we're unfashionable - more that over the last few years we've been one of the few clubs with almost zero chance of promotion or relegation. 

In that sense, we've probably been the least dramatic and exciting club in the league.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

TBH that's probably made my mind up about whether to travel or not.

You’re going to avoid Sky?!

5 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

Of all the games we could have been televised this is probably the least glamorous of all of them. Why this was chosen I have no idea!

Because we’re going to score a hatful! 

Oddly one of the few "oop North" midweek fixtures which is doable and can get back to London afterwards (with two changes and 3 and quarter hours of travelling).

That was until they moved kick off back 15 minutes FFS. 

• Admin

The most exciting thing people are missing.....

This is the first game this season we play against another team in red shirts.... Meaning we either get to finally see our new change strip or we'll be broadcast all over the world with that horrendous Robin on the yellow kit 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

This is the first game this season we play against another team in red shirts.... Meaning we either get to finally see our new change strip or we'll be broadcast all over the world with that horrendous Robin on the yellow kit 

I was thinking about that the other day. Would we not have to wear the mythical away kit at Hull? Would red be OK with their kit?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Edit. Plymouth is home.

Edited by ExiledAjax