IGNORED

First time I've left early in over 40 years

Shippers

Trying not to over react, really trying! 

But....

I believe we are in trouble, at 1-0 down I look at the team and bench and I think who can change this? Who can score out of nothing, who can send in a cross, who can find a defence splitting pass, no one really.

We are slow, predictable,  boring, and easy to play against.  

No one will get 20 goals 

No one will provide many assists

We won't keep many clean sheets

How are we not in a bottom half battle to stay up?

Please prove me wrong 

I think Pearson has done a good job clearing the dead wood, lowering the wage, and sorting the back room stuff, but we look a million miles off a top 6 team at the moment. 

I feel completely drained after only 2 home games. I dont know what the answer is, but today, apart from the one Wells' chance was pretty dire, Preston was no better.

Off to get very drunk 

COYR!

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

5 hours ago, Shippers said:

Trying not to over react, really trying! 

But....

I believe we are in trouble, at 1-0 down I look at the team and bench and I think who can change this? Who can score out of nothing, who can send in a cross, who can find a defence splitting pass, no one really.

We are slow, predictable,  boring, and easy to play against.  

No one will get 20 goals 

No one will provide many assists

We won't keep many clean sheets

How are we not in a bottom half battle to stay up?

Please prove me wrong 

I think Pearson has done a good job clearing the dead wood, lowering the wage, and sorting the back room stuff, but we look a million miles off a top 6 team at the moment. 

I feel completely drained after only 2 home games. I dont know what the answer is, but today, apart from the one Wells' chance was pretty dire, Preston was no better.

Off to get very drunk 

COYR!

Don’t blame you, with what we charge for season tickets and match day (£44 in the SL central) it’s incredibly dire football! Never been so bored in the last two home games. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

We always get a few of these "First time I've ever left early..........yadda yadda" posts every so offten!

As someone who did stay until the end, those of us that did were certainly in a minority. The exodus of our fans after the second goal went in was the most dramatic I have seen in the many years  watching us. Over-reaction maybe, but also a sign of extreme frustration that we have just sold our best player and that was the subsequent dire performance from the team.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

As someone who did stay until the end, those of us that did were certainly in a minority. The exodus of our fans after the second goal went in was the most dramatic I have seen in the many years  watching us. Over-reaction maybe, but also a sign of extreme frustration that we have just sold our best player and that was the subsequent dire performance from the team.

This is not to be underestimated and a sign of a club in dangerous stagnation.

Very poor performance yes, but having the hope drained out, and the feel of “here we go again” is a worrying one.

Said it for a while, we are the best club ever apart from being very good at football.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 1

Didn't go today but this exactly sums up my feelings after the Preston game. We are just so slow, predictable and unexciting to watch.

I know you can talk about the difference in budget but I watched Brighton on MOTD tonight and just wondered where we've gone wrong.

I remember being at their ground watching the Cotts team with Kodja terrorising their defence. We didn't win but god I enjoyed the way we played.

Brighton have jumped to the next level and their fans must look forward to every game. Meanwhile I'm snoring my way through games with hardly a shot on goal. Sad isn't it. I'm afraid the difference is at the very top of the two clubs. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

We always get a few of these "First time I've ever left early..........yadda yadda" posts every so offten!

I mean we have 20k odd fans average at home, it's not surprising we get the odd one or two every so often when we have games where it's like today. 

Imagine paying £40 to see a game at your own stadium and your team don't even get a single shot on goal and their best chance was a 6 yard miss. 

I'll never understand the people that don't understand fans getting upset when they pay to watch their team underperforming and being outclassed. 

I wouldn't say its the worst performance in a long time but I would say it's up there and when you've been supporting this club for 40 years it can get easily get to that point where someone thinks "it's not worth me going anymore". 

I can see how we drew in new fans when we were under Johnson because we may have been overspending but we actually had periods of very entertaining football. The issue now is that's pretty much gone, we're at a point where we no longer have a marquee player, none of the team look exciting right now with maybe the exception of Roberts, arguably Bell when he plays wide. 

We really don't have any players left that "stand out" now Scott has gone so I can fully understand people walking out when we're down to ten men, haven't got the ball on target and have no one on the beach looking to really come on and charge the game. It's a fair reason to leave early. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I mean we have 20k odd fans average at home, it's not surprising we get the odd one or two every so often when we have games where it's like today. 

Imagine paying £40 to see a game at your own stadium and your team don't even get a single shot on goal and their best chance was a 6 yard miss. 

I'll never understand the people that don't understand fans getting upset when they pay to watch their team underperforming and being outclassed. 

I wouldn't say its the worst performance in a long time but I would say it's up there and when you've been supporting this club for 40 years it can get easily get to that point where someone thinks "it's not worth me going anymore". 

I can see how we drew in new fans when we were under Johnson because we may have been overspending but we actually had periods of very entertaining football. The issue now is that's pretty much gone, we're at a point where we no longer have a marquee player, none of the team look exciting right now with maybe the exception of Roberts, arguably Bell when he plays wide. 

We really don't have any players left that "stand out" now Scott has gone so I can fully understand people walking out when we're down to ten men, haven't got the ball on target and have no one on the beach looking to really come on and charge the game. It's a fair reason to leave early. 

I don’t blame anyone for leaving a bit early today. But I think @slartibartfastwas more thinking about posts telling us about it. 

We know we were crap. The team knows we were crap Mr Pearson knows it too! I bet The players would have jumped at the chance of an early trap. ? 

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I don’t blame anyone for leaving a bit early today. But I think @slartibartfastwas more thinking about posts telling us about it. 

We know we were crap. The team knows we were crap Mr Pearson knows it too! I bet The players would have jumped at the chance of an early trap. ? 

I get it but people need to vent, I mean I find it more calming having people frustrated and irritated after a bad performance than I do having a bunch of fans saying "Look at the positives", "you need to support the team" or "you're over reacting". When we put in performances like today there should be a reaction and regardless of Pearson and the players knowing it they should still hear/read it. 

• Like 2

Why do people make such a fuss about when others leave. They pay their money, they are free to come and go as they please. Let’s not forget people have lives outside of football.

As for yesterday, 2-0 down with 10 men and playing some of the worse football in recent memory, the issue is with anyone who saw sense in staying, not those leaving!

• Like 3

Almost paid for the stream because free was not working. It started working in min 50. I had 40 mins of..I don't know...I can not call it anger but more like disappointment. Our passing is horrible without Scott or even that Masengo.

Everything is so predictable. Sometimes I think that I would have better decisions that some of the players if I were on the pitch. I played football for a few years and I known the basics that's why sometimes I don't understand what is happening.

Same thing with my local team FCSB, I feel like I am a bad luck when I watch my teams games, because I don't see football. When I don't watch the games most of the time they play better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Reefer Madness said:

I'm going to say again .. what did people expect of this season!?

Look at the squad. It just doesn't have the quality.

You could probably say that about half the teams in the Championship, if not more, it’s how football has been in the 50+ years I’ve been watching!

20 minutes ago, Reefer Madness said:

I'm going to say again .. what did people expect of this season!?

Look at the squad. It just doesn't have the quality.

Tell the club PR channels that….promotion push, a squad capable of challenging, our owner even says our squad is better than Luton Town! When you look at it, we lack anyone who can take the game by the scruff of its neck. 

Hi guys

New here as a group of mates made me pick a Championship team to follow. I chose Bristol City and trying to get a handle on what I’ve got myself into. Are we really as shit as you lot say? I’m in Australia and coming over for Xmas so wanting to come to a game, where should I get tickets for? 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

27 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Tell the club PR channels that….promotion push, a squad capable of challenging, our owner even says our squad is better than Luton Town! When you look at it, we lack anyone who can take the game by the scruff of its neck. 

Don't be so naive. They are selling a product, of course they will talk it up

30 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

You could probably say that about half the teams in the Championship, if not more, it’s how football has been in the 50+ years I’ve been watching!

Agreed. So why are people surprised then?

The official attendance was 22k, which is based on tickets sold, so approx 21k max in the ground at the start. It would be interesting to know how many were still in the ground (excluding those in the concourse making their way out) at the end of the match. If we also exclude those walking down the steps trying to leave I think there can’t have been more than 15k still in their seats watching the match. I survived until the end and it was amazingly easy to get down the steps and out of the ground 

47 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

https://x.com/analysisbcfc/status/1693141957445362161?s=46&t=4w4wRaeZYqo50-a3ONBubA

People are entitled to expect better than this video shows 

This is awful. Unfortunately a lot of the rest of the match was just as bad. There is a EFL football highlights match on TV and City usually get meagre coverage. If it was reversed and it was a football lowlights programme City would have star billing 

8 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

I sat in the Lansdown yesterday (I'm usually in the Dolman) and it was a very obvious drain of fans leaving. Especially after the second goal, you could very visibly see the fans pouring out and the stadium emptying. 

I don't think the Lansdown's were in attendance, but some of the other directors etc certainly were, as were the 'big' heads of department employees. It must have been so noticeable for them, as well as Pearson and his players and staff. 

I said as it was happening that the players are going to get booed at the end, but there will be no one here to boo.

To make it clear i cannot defend the team, the selection or the way we seem to have failed to do any preparation regarding Birmingham. Everyone leaving early left a clear message that this wasn't acceptable, and to be honest if i thought it would make one bit of difference to our season ahead I wish that i had got to my feet and walked too. And like many I have never felt the need to do that before.

• Like 3

Pearson's buy's, Pearson's tactics, Pearson's team selection, nothing has changed since his awful run of 9 months without a home win, how he is still in charge is beyond me and i'm not sure for how much longer the AG faithful will put up with it, in the less sterile days "what a load of rubbish" would of be ringing around the ground 

• Like 1

• Admin

Not an over reaction and selling Scott has nothing to do with it. 

It's all down to such a lacklustre and dull game to watch 

Hopefully we're not in for another season of decent away games but dour home performances

On the plus side, at the end I got out of the Dolman quicker than I can recall ever managing for a league game!

But I agree. Very noticeable, and only the second game of the season, when there should still be a degree of hope left. 

• Like 2