IGNORED

Too many errors

Robbored

I’m struggling to recall a match when City made so many mistakes. Numerous misplaced and over hit passes, players letting ball run out of play under feet………….:disapointed2se:

Not one City stood out, they were all bang average.

Williams and Dickie gob off at the referee when everyone know that the PGMOL are cracking down on back and Dickie gets another yellow and gets sent off 

The only bright part was the few mins that Yeboah got - he looked very good. Hopefully it won’t be too long before he gets his full debut - against Norwich in the cup maybe?

Off up North to Hull on Friday without Dickie so I guess Naismith or Pring will fill the vacancy at CB? Hopefully the players can redeem themselves after todays poor showing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Pring  left centre back, Roberts left back, Naismith midfield. Seems obvious but won't happen.

It was a bad day at the office and I’m sure that all we wannabe managers would have done things differently but were not managers!

Today was a really frustrating game to watch. Unlike many, I don’t think City are a million miles away from a strong championship team. There are a few things that really frustrate me, not just during the Birmingham game, but for the past few seasons.

After Dickie got his first yellow, Birmingham attackers were regularly driving at Dickie knowing he couldn’t risk getting sent off. We just don’t do that to other teams. Šunjić got a yellow after 20 mins, and I can’t think of a single time we did anything to try and draw a second yellow or at least force Birmingham into making the change. We simply are not a “bad” or ruthless team.

Every time city were putting pressure on Birmingham, one of their players would go down “injured” which would take the sting out of the games we never do that kind if s**thousery! We just lack that games management and streetwiseness!

As Robbored says, we have FAR too many individual errors. We really are suicidal at times. Under hit passes, letting the ball go under feet. I don’t know if it’s a matter of concentration or quality.

We seem to be the only team I can recall to regularly get a free kick in an advanced area, then choose to take it 15 yards behind the point at which it was conceded, pass it backwards, then play ourselves into trouble. We do it every game.
It’s the same with Throw ins, we always take them behind where the ball went out and we seem to give away position from throw ins a disproportionate amount of times. These should be really basic things for professional footballers. We opt to throw away chances to put pressure on the opposition.

Lastly, does Naismith think he is Roberto Carlos, I can’t think of a game he has played when he hasn’t tried a 40 yard shot, only to blast in into the player 5 yards in front of him.

I honestly believe if we can reduce these individual errors and introduce a bit of gamesmanship we could really progress as a team.