IGNORED

More from The (London) Times: we're by far the greatest club ....

Bristol Oil Services

.... the third tier has ever seen. Sadly.

The Times football pull-out this morning has a stat-frenzy of all the "Ups and Downs" with things like: " Most Moves Between Top Two Tiers" and "Longest unbroken runs in same tier."

We feature prominently in: "Most moves between second and third tiers" where we come top, Bristol City (8P, 8R), followed by Barnsley, then Millwall. The company we keep.

By my reckoning Stevie Guernsey is responsible for 25% of our 8 glorious promotions for third to second, so hats off to Steve, bless you, and where would we be without you? I will tell you: probably between Hull and Rotherham (7P) and Brighton and/or Grimsby (7P and 6P respectively) in the glittering prize that is Most Promotions From The Third Tier.

We also come out top in: "Fastest falls from top flight to fourth tier," no surprise Sherlock, just pipping Wolves to be first to achieve this mighty, precipitous decline. I'm rather hoping Luton will match it over the next 3 or 4 years, then better it with a fourth consecutive relegation.

Bolton have the most divisional changes of any club, 30. Notts County follow with 29. A quick mental calculation and I reckon we're on 21 (?)

There was a point in the mid 80s where someone wrote in one of those fanzines, that Rovers were just about the most uninteresting club in the 92, having had two promotions (late 50s, 70s) and 2 relegations. Dull! That's why they needed the comedy, pantomime kit - and then, also, the meanderings and migrations and homelessness; and stealth and underhand property acquisition - to get anyone to ever notice them.

Now, things in Bristol have gone arse-about-tit with us being the stable/stagnant/dull not going up/not going down much dullards, and they're hopping around like a bleedin' fly (the lower/est levels, of course).

Is it time we pantomimed-up our red shirt-white shorts-red socks look? Can we get trust Jon with this?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

.... the third tier has ever seen. Sadly.

The Times football pull-out this morning has a stat-frenzy of all the "Ups and Downs" with things like: " Most Moves Between Top Two Tiers" and "Longest unbroken runs in same tier."

We feature prominently in: "Most moves between second and third tiers" where we come top, Bristol City (8P, 8R), followed by Barnsley, then Millwall. The company we keep.

By my reckoning Stevie Guernsey is responsible for 25% of our 8 glorious promotions for third to second, so hats off to Steve, bless you, and where would we be without you? I will tell you: probably between Hull and Rotherham (7P) and Brighton and/or Grimsby (7P and 6P respectively) in the glittering prize that is Most Promotions From The Third Tier.

We also come out top in: "Fastest falls from top flight to fourth tier," no surprise Sherlock, just pipping Wolves to be first to achieve this mighty, precipitous decline. I'm rather hoping Luton will match it over the next 3 or 4 years, then better it with a fourth consecutive relegation.

Bolton have the most divisional changes of any club, 30. Notts County follow with 29. A quick mental calculation and I reckon we're on 21 (?)

There was a point in the mid 80s where someone wrote in one of those fanzines, that Rovers were just about the most uninteresting club in the 92, having had two promotions (late 50s, 70s) and 2 relegations. Dull! That's why they needed the comedy, pantomime kit - and then, also, the meanderings and migrations and homelessness; and stealth and underhand property acquisition - to get anyone to ever notice them.

Now, things in Bristol have gone arse-about-tit with us being the stable/stagnant/dull not going up/not going down much dullards, and they're hopping around like a bleedin' fly (the lower/est levels, of course).

Is it time we pantomimed-up our red shirt-white shorts-red socks look? Can we get trust Jon with this?

Don't go giving Jon ideas ??

• Haha 3