IGNORED

Boot Dreams...

spudski

Yes watched the first 4 so far and really enjoying it. 

I did wonder about the standard of the opposition though, can't believe that a battle-hardened top National League Chesterfield 1st team wouldn't have walloped a team of misfits who'd only been together for a few days (a bit cruel admittedly but you know what I mean). Presumably it was a Chesterfield youth squad or something ?

That Iranian guy looked excellent and I will keep track of his career. It sounded like he was on track for a promising career at Bolton but he and his family got arrested on suspicion of immigration offences which were subsequently thrown out of court. I can see how that could certainly derail a career! Felt so sorry for the ex-Southampton player who'd had such horrendous injury problems, 3 ACL tears, reminded me of Christian Ribeiro who was such a promising defender here a few years back.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, spudski said:

...anyone else watching this?

I'm three episodes in. 

Worth a watch. 

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/mediapacks/boot-dreams-now-or-never

Thanks for the heads up - ?

Watched episode 1 with my grandson last night & were now 'into it'...a good watch & interested to see if any of the 16 are picked up by a club.

3 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Thanks for the heads up - ?

Watched episode 1 with my grandson last night & were now 'into it'...a good watch & interested to see if any of the 16 are picked up by a club.

I finished the last episode last night. I won't spoil the outcome as to whether players get contracts or not. 

6 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Yes watched the first 4 so far and really enjoying it. 

I did wonder about the standard of the opposition though, can't believe that a battle-hardened top National League Chesterfield 1st team wouldn't have walloped a team of misfits who'd only been together for a few days (a bit cruel admittedly but you know what I mean). Presumably it was a Chesterfield youth squad or something ?

That Iranian guy looked excellent and I will keep track of his career. It sounded like he was on track for a promising career at Bolton but he and his family got arrested on suspicion of immigration offences which were subsequently thrown out of court. I can see how that could certainly derail a career! Felt so sorry for the ex-Southampton player who'd had such horrendous injury problems, 3 ACL tears, reminded me of Christian Ribeiro who was such a promising defender here a few years back.

Yes there are some sad stories, just goes to show how fragile life as a footballer can be. Again I won't spoil the outcome for both these players. ?

• Like 1

Just on Episode 6. 

That Charlie looked like he'd won a competition to play there. Didn't even run like a footballer. Was still adamant he was good enough though.  The bloke couldn't even pass the ball and receive it to the same foot, even i could do that from 5 yards away. 

Edited by UREDS_91

29 minutes ago, UREDS_91 said:

Just on Episode 6. 

That Charlie looked like he'd won a competition to play there. Didn't even run like a footballer. Was still adamant he was good enough though.  The bloke couldn't even pass the ball and receive it to the same foot, even i could do that from 5 yards away. 

I couldn't agree more...:laugh:...even with a lack of confidence, he came across as absolutely useless. So many basics wrong. How did he ever get a contract before...just wait until the end of episode 6. You'll find out where he ends up. 

I also thought the ex Birmingham keeper was useless as well. 

5 hours ago, spudski said:

I couldn't agree more...:laugh:...even with a lack of confidence, he came across as absolutely useless. So many basics wrong. How did he ever get a contract before...just wait until the end of episode 6. You'll find out where he ends up. 

I also thought the ex Birmingham keeper was useless as well. 

Haha! found his level then! 

Yep the only thing worse than that GKs ability was his attitude. Wont get anywhere. 

• Like 1