IGNORED

Dean Holden Sacked

13 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Charlton have won one match and had lost four on the trot. Guess who Bristol Rovers’ only win of the season was against?

What’s even worse is Rovers celebrated the beating of a team that had lost every other game bar one by issuing a commemorative mug to mark the occasion.

I shit you not.

IMG_1275.jpeg

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 10

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

What’s even worse is Rovers celebrated the beating of a team that had lost every other game bar one by issuing a commemorative mug to mark the occasion.

I shit you not.

IMG_1275.jpeg

They really are grasping at straws, aren't they. Smacks of desperation. Tinpottidness at its finest.

10 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

As per BBC article.

Joining LJ being shown the door and looking for a new job.

Has it ever happened before that two former managers of one club have been sacked on the same day?

IMG_0924.jpeg

In answer to the question: don’t know, but if any two managers get sacked on the same day it’s probably 50/50 that both have managed Watford at some point!

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Swede said:

He must've been packing his bags once he lost to the sags. No coming back after that one.

By League One standards Charlton are a decent sized club, he appeared to have turned them around last season but although still early days, results have been awful this season.

I’m sure he’s a great bloke but I’ll never understand how on earth he ended up managing us.

A shambolic decision that tells you all you need to know about how much Steve Lansdown & his son know about football & that they allowed Ashton a free hand.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 9
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

By League One standards Charlton are a decent sized club, he appeared to have turned them around last season but although still early days, results have been awful this season.

I’m sure he’s a great bloke but I’ll never understand how on earth he ended up managing us.

A shambolic decision that tells you all you need to know about how much Steve Lansdown & his son know about football & that they allowed Ashton a free hand.

How he ended up managing us is because for SL the concept of ‘continuity’ doesn’t seem to extend beyond internal appointments.

Which may be another manifestation of that lack of football know how? 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I shit you not.

IMG_1275.jpeg

Surely mugs should now read “False Teeth! Walking Stick! Mobility Scooter!”?

31 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Understand the fanbase is looking at the ownership again (a common theme at Charlton). He seemed to be very much their pick but has had no financial backing for transfers. 

Yeah. Recent results haven't been good but his sacking doesn't seem to have been met with universal approval

50 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Understand the fanbase is looking at the ownership again (a common theme at Charlton). He seemed to be very much their pick but has had no financial backing for transfers. 

Not sure about that.

Was allowed to bring in Alfie May who was prolific at Cheltenham & Edun who was a decent Blackburn squad player & Terry Taylor who a number of sides were after at Burton.

I just don’t think he’s a very good manager.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

How SL made the Holden call……wow! 

Nepotism, just like Tinnion, Millen and LJ before Holden. More jobs for the boys or those he can manipulate without them speaking up.

I think it all stems from that trip to FCB, personally. SL has tried to copy that model as much as he can, but the major difference is that FCB’s players who go on to manage them have experience at the very top level and know what it takes to win. The same can’t be said by our internal apportionments.