IGNORED

Scunny update

22A

https://www.Scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/august/club-statement/?fbclid=IwAR3y7SoHOZJ4QWZ1srvtEznB9EbxlgrYZbA-VKXLdyEZ16eOvziPib1Pm9I

As many of you were aware, Scunthorpe United was in court today facing the very real prospect of being evicted from Glanford Park. We achieved a positive outcome today. While the immediate prospect of eviction has been halted, there were no winners or losers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

It's sad to see Scunthorpe, Southend, all manner of other clubs you've known over the decades in English football struggling.

True, clubs have gone bust in the past or suffered the decline into permanent non-league status.  More seem to be on the brink now. It makes me wonder with the unsustainable model of English football and our current economic downturn, how much longer can we have five leagues of very well-paid full professionals - with pros even featuring at NL North and South level at some clubs. 

A hard rain's gonna fall. 

• Hmmm 1

30 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's sad to see Scunthorpe, Southend, all manner of other clubs you've known over the decades in English football struggling.

True, clubs have gone bust in the past or suffered the decline into permanent non-league status.  More seem to be on the brink now. It makes me wonder with the unsustainable model of English football and our current economic downturn, how much longer can we have five leagues of very well-paid full professionals - with pros even featuring at NL North and South level at some clubs. 

A hard rain's gonna fall. 

And yet some still think new owners are bound to be better.

• Like 3

I work with Peter Swann's daughter in law, so been keeping a loose eye on this. I don't think the Swann's have been great, but do think they originally went into the club with the best intentions. However it must be hard to keep pumping money in, the club dramatically drop down leagues and still have motivation. They were trying to sale for years, and the new owners are very shady from what I can tell. No win situation for Scunthorpe at the moment in all honesty.

That season we went up as runners up to them when they had Sharpe and Keogh in the side seems a long time ago.

Looking at the final table that year, Brentford were bottom, Brighton and Bournemouth finished 18th and 19th.

Quite the contrast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Change the bloody record it's boring now, and while your at it try and change our owner as well

I've been remarkably quite on the ownership of the club.

If better owners come in, great. But for now, we have owners who are prepared to underwrite losses not far off 100k A DAY, they have my gratitude.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've been remarkably quite on the ownership of the club.

If better owners come in, great. But for now, we have owners who are prepared to underwrite losses not far off 100k A DAY, they have my gratitude.

Who let the losses reach that level?

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Lansdown family.

But the people who want change also want new owners to spend money and raise the wage ceiling.

I don't see how they can have it both ways. 

That's the trouble with our fans, they want it both ways, they complained when we did spend money and are now complaining that we aren't spending money (though of course this isn't true)

51 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Lansdown family.

But the people who want change also want new owners to spend money and raise the wage ceiling.

I don't see how they can have it both ways. 

Well that’s not correct, I’ve all along been against the model and the structure implemented by Steve Lansdown. It’s ridiculous - you’re Steve Lansdown