IGNORED

Is Massengo about to free up some Funds

18 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Surprised it is the first time you feel the club is being mismanaged from the top. It is a common thread that runs through Lansdown reign. Poor decisions, many poor managers and never backing the team when they really need it. Unfortunately I think the logical conclusion to this will be relegation this season.

Yep , which is I believe , the plan . Give NP sod all , let him leave at the end of the season and appoint a new manager such as Flemming in league 1 . I feel like such a mug right now for renewing my season ticket . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This isn’t a HNM pop (good luck to him), but does anyone think Burnley are a bit of a basket case at the moment? They seen to have signed a lot of players of much of a muchness level and are weaker by far than last year. Yes, the promotion was built on loans some of whom won’t return but they’ve missed out on players like Tella who was available. You then get to game one and Kompany has signed shedloads of players meaning a top performer like Brownhill is benched.

It feels to me like a manager trying to be too clever by half, and the three coming up also going down are now only threatened in my eyes by Everton and Wolves

Does seem like they have inherited Mark Ashton’s scattergun appproach to transfers, though don’t know enough about many of their signings to comment individually, it does seeen like too much business.

Luton & Sheff U don’t look anywhere near strong enough to survive, with Wolves finally spending some money today, (O’Neil has already got a couple of decent performances out of them) & Everton signing a couple of strikers this week Burnley shouldn’t be complacent.

Edited by GrahamC

By god I hope it does.

By my count we have 15 fit championship experienced players.

GK: Max

DEF: Vyner, Dickie, Naismith, Pring,            
        Tanner

MID: King, James, Williams, TGH, Knight

ATT: Wells, Cornick, Sykes, Bell

(Mehmeti, Roberts, and Yeboah all fit but varying levels of championship readiness imo.)

God forbid we got a couple more injury’s to Vyner and James for example and I would struggle to see us picking up many points at all until they return. 

Imho I’m not bothered if it was someone ooc or a loan but need at least one more person with proven championship quality and experience especially with our current injury list.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

About to be announced. Bit of extra cash for us to not spend on the team, which is handy.

I’m convinced we will be sporting a black away kit so we can chant about our new financial identity “we’re in the black!”

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

This isn’t a HNM pop (good luck to him), but does anyone think Burnley are a bit of a basket case at the moment? They seen to have signed a lot of players of much of a muchness level and are weaker by far than last year. Yes, the promotion was built on loans some of whom won’t return but they’ve missed out on players like Tella who was available. You then get to game one and Kompany has signed shedloads of players meaning a top performer like Brownhill is benched.

It feels to me like a manager trying to be too clever by half, and the three coming up also going down are now only threatened in my eyes by Everton and Wolves

Came to have a look what the sort of consesus was about HNM from Bristol City fans - I couldn't recall being particurly impressed with your midfield when we played you last season like (sorry Alex Scott) even though HNM didn't play in the game at Ashton Gate...

Interesting that you've picked up on this as well - there seems to be a bit of a divide between our fans. Some that haven't become fans in the past 10 years i.e when we weren't playing in/around the PL seem to have this view and are a bit annoyed/dismayed on the team selection (as well as change of shape for City/Villa) and think we've spaffed a lot on some real random players that has a lot of risk attatched - we don't want to become a team of mercanaries like a Watford type in their latter PL years. 

Some of the newer/bit more deluded fans that look passed the Portsmouths/Boltons of this world and just want everything use this as an excuse to beat the old board and management at any opportunity. 

I can't help but feel like we've lost a bit of the 'feel good factor' stemming from last year.

There's a bit more to it as well, VK has his hand in a few pies as well - co owns an analytics company that we use MUD analytics.

Sorry to thread hijack anyway.

Hope you don't get relegated, always felt like Bristol City has the potential to grow - certianly shouldn't be bobbing between L1 and the Champ every 5 years or so.

Cheers again for Brownhill (and Heaton for that matter). All the best

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Tomorrow could be interesting.
Looking at some articles , and we don't know how close they are, HNM could be worth £500,000 to us ( my guess really)
Then if Kelly does go to Spurs, that has to be worth £1.5m as our cut.
£2m into the kitty, all be it with very little time to spend it, should go straight to Nige. If things pan out that way and he gets nothing, then there will be something to moan about as they can't have budgeted for that.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Tomorrow could be interesting.
Looking at some articles , and we don't know how close they are, HNM could be worth £500,000 to us ( my guess really)
Then if Kelly does go to Spurs, that has to be worth £1.5m as our cut.
£2m into the kitty, all be it with very little time to spend it, should go straight to Nige. If things pan out that way and he gets nothing, then there will be something to moan about as they can't have budgeted for that.

Anything is possible I guess, but we just sold a player for £20m+.

The money is there right now to spend, if we had the will to spend some of it.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Anything is possible I guess, but we just sold a player for £20m+.

The money is there right now to spend, if we had the will to spend some of it.

I didn't expect much of that to be given for players, I am surprised nothing seems to have been.
The HNM thing is a little out of the blue and free money, the Spurs one may not happen, but it would be very odd not to give the Manager even the £500k today/tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I didn't expect much of that to be given for players, I am surprised nothing seems to have been.
The HNM thing is a little out of the blue and free money, the Spurs one may not happen, but it would be very odd not to give the Manager even the £500k today/tomorrow. 

If you listen to Pearson’s press conference there is zero percent of us signing anyone tomorrow.

He actually says he wouldn’t want to because there is too little time to do due diligence & why would we have waited until the very last day of the window?

We’re going with what we have until January now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, George Rs said:

By god I hope it does.

By my count we have 15 fit championship experienced players.

GK: Max

DEF: Vyner, Dickie, Naismith, Pring,            
        Tanner

MID: King, James, Williams, TGH, Knight

ATT: Wells, Cornick, Sykes, Bell

(Mehmeti, Roberts, and Yeboah all fit but varying levels of championship readiness imo.)

God forbid we got a couple more injury’s to Vyner and James for example and I would struggle to see us picking up many points at all until they return. 

Imho I’m not bothered if it was someone ooc or a loan but need at least one more person with proven championship quality and experience especially with our current injury list.

Mehmeti has played more Championship football than Tanner, Sykes or Bell..

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He actually says he wouldn’t want to because there is too little time to do due diligence

That’s even worse for me, in theory due diligence should be done on anyone we want to sign continuously so it could be triggered very quickly, if we went down with 3 ACL’s in training tomorrow in the same position would we really not look for someone in? Doubt it 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If you listen to Pearson’s press conference there is zero percent of us signing anyone tomorrow.

He actually says he wouldn’t want to because there is too little time to do due diligence & why would we have waited until the very last day of the window?

We’re going with what we have until January now.

I saw that, but surely they would have done almost all of the work previously.  They target players , set priorities for which order , they can't then,  just sit and wait. They must do the background checks well in advance so they can proceed quickly . 
I did wonder if he said that partly to end speculation . 

51 minutes ago, UndercoverClaret said:

Came to have a look what the sort of consesus was about HNM from Bristol City fans - I couldn't recall being particurly impressed with your midfield when we played you last season like (sorry Alex Scott) even though HNM didn't play in the game at Ashton Gate...

Interesting that you've picked up on this as well - there seems to be a bit of a divide between our fans. Some that haven't become fans in the past 10 years i.e when we weren't playing in/around the PL seem to have this view and are a bit annoyed/dismayed on the team selection (as well as change of shape for City/Villa) and think we've spaffed a lot on some real random players that has a lot of risk attatched - we don't want to become a team of mercanaries like a Watford type in their latter PL years. 

Some of the newer/bit more deluded fans that look passed the Portsmouths/Boltons of this world and just want everything use this as an excuse to beat the old board and management at any opportunity. 

I can't help but feel like we've lost a bit of the 'feel good factor' stemming from last year.

There's a bit more to it as well, VK has his hand in a few pies as well - co owns an analytics company that we use MUD analytics.

Hope you don't get relegated, always felt like Bristol City has the potential to grow - certianly shouldn't be bobbing between L1 and the Champ every 5 years or so.

Hope we don’t get relegated! Cheeky bugger, see you next season…??

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, UndercoverClaret said:

Alex Scott is great..he even provided an assist for your winner! ?

(Very uncharacteristic tbh that error by him).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

45 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He has said he doesn't want it now.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's not just the players it's the youth, the manager, the coaches, possibly the directors. Community, Women's team  all the staff related to the Football Club.

Then there is AGL. Events but events cost. £5-6m wage bill there maybe, that as a percentage of turnover is more of a normal business ratio.

In 2020-21 it was £35m..

Remember too but not just base wage, but bonuses, then NI and pension.

The industry of football as a business...hmm.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Yep , which is I believe , the plan . Give NP sod all , let him leave at the end of the season and appoint a new manager such as Flemming in league 1 . I feel like such a mug right now for renewing my season ticket . 

Here’s the breakdown.

image.thumb.png.b3b5cd75ec2d03ac9045d1cb722ff2b1.png

Wages will be less last season, and less again this season.

1 hour ago, UndercoverClaret said:

I rate Massengo.  I think he will benefit from playing with better players.  Not everyone on here shares my view! ?

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

That’s even worse for me, in theory due diligence should be done on anyone we want to sign continuously so it could be triggered very quickly, if we went down with 3 ACL’s in training tomorrow in the same position would we really not look for someone in? Doubt it 

I tend to agree.  We should always be ready to go.

Even if it’s a loan, or readying ourselves to move quickly on a player who is already OOC or suddenly gets mutually terminated…although in that situation agent should be making it known.

You have to be prepared.  It might be a player whose situation has changed by a new signing coming in and taking their place.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, UndercoverClaret said:

I think Han-Noah’s mentor, Thierry Henry, would have had an influence on the transfer.

I would have loved to see H-N play in your team last season when you were dominating games. I’m guessing those games will be few and far between this season but I’m still really looking forward to seeing play for you and think/hope you’ll be pleased with what you see. 

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Here’s the breakdown.

image.thumb.png.b3b5cd75ec2d03ac9045d1cb722ff2b1.png

I tend to agree.  We should always be ready to go.

Even if it’s a loan, or readying ourselves to move quickly on a player who is already OOC or suddenly gets mutually terminated…although in that situation agent should be making it known.

You have to be prepared.  It might be a player whose situation has changed by a new signing coming in and taking their place.

I’m just basing my response on what Pearson said yesterday & as to the due diligence bit, whilst we will continue to evaluate targets then many of them will probably have moved on whilst we weren’t in a position to move.

Once the window closes I’m sure we will be keeping an eye on those not fixed up, we do have a tradition now of an OoC centre back arriving outside the window (Ashley Williams, Mariappa, Klose) & the likes of Craig Cathcart, named in the Northern Ireland squad this week but without a club are currently available.

Obvious but the good OoC players will get snapped up quickest & the amount of time needed to get match fit needs to be factored in, which is why Timm Klose was remarkable initially.

• Like 1