IGNORED

BCFC Ap

Sarumred

Living outside the BBCRB area, I listen to the majority of games via the Ap on my iPad.

However, last night, the Ap required an update and after I tapped on the Robins TV option both the audio and live match options were conspicuous by their absence!

The same happened on my Android phone.

Eventually,  I listened to the match via the OS and the Robins TV option.

Has anyone else had this problem and to whom should I report the fault?

Your help/guidance would be appreciated. 

Hi Sarumred (Salisbury?)

Occasionally this happens to me if I accidentally already opened it on my phone and then open it again. Closing previous tabs then gets it rectified. If this still doesn't work, do a cache clearance in your Google settings.  

Edited by Norn Iron

3 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Hi Sarumred (Salisbury?)

Occasionally this happens to me if I accidentally already opened it on my phone and then open it again. Closing previous tabs then gets it rectified. If this still doesn't work, do a cache clearance in your Google settings.  

Thank you, Norman Iron, I'll give it a try.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarumred said:

Living outside the BBCRB area, I listen to the majority of games via the Ap on my iPad.

However, last night, the Ap required an update and after I tapped on the Robins TV option both the audio and live match options were conspicuous by their absence!

The same happened on my Android phone.

Eventually,  I listened to the match via the OS and the Robins TV option.

Has anyone else had this problem and to whom should I report the fault?

Your help/guidance would be appreciated. 

Yes I had the same issue. I updated the app on my iPhone and the new version of the app doesn’t have the robins tv live audio/video options, so I did the same as you and listened via City website. Seems odd and hopefully they’ll do a further update to the app shortly. I’ve held off updating the app on my iPad for now though. 

3 hours ago, eardun said:

Yes I had the same issue. I updated the app on my iPhone and the new version of the app doesn’t have the robins tv live audio/video options, so I did the same as you and listened via City website. Seems odd and hopefully they’ll do a further update to the app shortly. I’ve held off updating the app on my iPad for now though. 

Thanks eardun, that's really interesting. Like you, I will leave the apps as they are and hope the problem is fixed when the app is next updated. In the meantime I will continue to listen biased the club's website. 

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

If your still having problems can I suggest getting a new aerial pointed towards Mendip or Stockland hill(near Exeter)

You will then get Radio Bristol in crystal clear MONO,when we are playing away

If the other lot ain't playing you'll get the Bristol City radio commentary as well

GOOD LUCK

Don't use the Rod Hull method though.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Thanks eardun, that's really interesting. Like you, I will leave the apps as they are and hope the problem is fixed when the app is next updated. In the meantime I will continue to listen biased the club's website. 

Actually @Sarumred I’ve just looked at the new app again and although the previous live commentary options are no longer there on the robins tv tab, I did find this:

If you click on the match at the top of the app home page and then select timeline, you see this (see the pic).So may be worth trying on Saturday to see if the commentary appears there. 

IMG_1864.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Will the App work in Europe? as I will be in Holland on Saturday.

Seeing as many people use a VPN and often set it to Europe - to watch robins tv overseas - then yes i would imagine it will work

Not sure though, with this latest issue

• Like 1

steveybadger

I think you will find that channel 0117 on freesat will not broadcast football anymore,

MAYBE if the two south wales club are playing each other it might be different

On saturday the swansea game will be on on 93:9fm the radio wales south west swansea area frequencey

BUT not be broadcast on the south east cardiff area frequencey of 103:9fm

Although you can hear the 103:9 in the swansea area,but you can't hear the 93:9fm in the cardiff area

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

No option to listen in the background though. You have to be on that app page for the audio to work. Useless.

This was how it worked for me in the old app too. However I have found with the new app it doesn’t keep my screen on during the commentary and then stops when the phone locks - so I’ve had to change phone settings to stop the phone locking to keep the commentary running. Working ok now (I’m on audio)