IGNORED

Steve Lansdown……..

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

That net worth figure fluctuates with the value of HL shares. It's been up north of 2billion at times, it's far from concrete.

However...the point being, it's no more of a problem to him financially running the club, as it is to the average fans spending yearly following the club. 

If you get my drift ?

It's disposable income used on a hobby. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Redland said:

Can one more person please like my post on page 3?  I have always wanted a green box around one of my posts. Cheers. 

I liked it out of respect for your request. Didn't read it if that helps put a green box into context... ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I mean 50 Cent had a net worth of 300 million at one point, then he declared for bankruptcy. Your net worth isn't what you have to spend and as others have said, it can fluctuate a lot. 

I'd also add that if those numbers were right, he's spent 14% of his entire worth on this club, our fans should be asking themselves "would I be OK donating 14% of everything I own in this world to my football club only for the fans to say it's not enough?" 

• Like 2

Sorry if repeating others, not read the whole thread! What really annoys me is earlier statements that we have lists of targets depending if we do or don't sell Scott. I don't like being lied to. After 12 odd seasons as a ST holder I've probably never felt so frustrated, maybe aside from Cotts not being backed. 

Edited by DolmanGaz

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I mean 50 Cent had a net worth of 300 million at one point, then he declared for bankruptcy. Your net worth isn't what you have to spend and as others have said, it can fluctuate a lot. 

I'd also add that if those numbers were right, he's spent 14% of his entire worth on this club, our fans should be asking themselves "would I be OK donating 14% of everything I own in this world to my football club only for the fans to say it's not enough?" 

Not like he doesn't have any assets for that input though, even if not enough to break even

5 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

Sorry if repeating others, not read the whole thread! What really annoys me is earlier statements that we have lists of targets depending if we do or don't sell Scott. I don't like being lied to. After 12 odd seasons as a ST holder I've probably never felt so frustrated, maybe aside from Cotts not being backed. 

Agree, we probably did have a few targets, but having a target don't mean to say they want to join us unfortunately. 

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yep ....one is a rock solid financial service's company...........the other has to contend with the notorious vagaries and trends of the fickle music business.   Now I see why you made the comparison?

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

I guess it's by comparison. 

14% of 2billion isn't going to leave you living in hardship.

Let's be honest. 

SLs spend isn't going to affect him as to whether he can feed his family, pay the mortgage, go on holiday etc. 

It's hobby money to him. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ian M said:

It won’t be totally accurate due to diversity of investments but SL is worth $1.2b less than his business partner. Broadly that is down to selling stock to invest in Bristol Sport ?

And has had a very poor return on investment. Even the stadium company makes a loss ?

Not sure where that figures come from but surely he's not spent 240m of his own money on City, as a club we have also generated income over that time period?

100m in transfer fees in from Scott, Kelly, Semenyo, Webster, Kodjia, Reid, Bryan and Flint since we've been back in the Championship alone 

Unless that 240m is just the losses we've made since he's been in charge?

37 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

And has had a very poor return on investment. Even the stadium company makes a loss ?

Outside of Covid years, a stadium company with events and a more normal business wage ratio should not be making  a loss. The fact that it does, well.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Not sure 50 cent is a good example unless SL has released a sex tape

32 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Not sure where that figures come from but surely he's not spent 240m of his own money on City, as a club we have also generated income over that time period?

100m in transfer fees in from Scott, Kelly, Semenyo, Webster, Kodjia, Reid, Bryan and Flint since we've been back in the Championship alone 

Unless that 240m is just the losses we've made since he's been in charge?

Ignore this, too late on a Friday to get my head around figures. This is clearly losses covered by the owner

1 hour ago, Spike said:

The only question in my mind would be, what % goes to City, what % goes to charities.

I have no idea what % of the 1.72b is likely to end up going to charity someday. 

It's certainly an unnecessary amount just to keep in the family.

Edited by mozo

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Well, my 14% deffo wouldn't be enough !

28 minutes ago, mozo said:

The only question in my mind would be, what % goes to City, what % goes to charities.

I have no idea what % of the 1.72b is likely to end up going to charity someday. 

Don't most wealthy people donate to charity as a way to save on tax? Although with him being in Guernsey not sure that applies to him. 

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

Yep ....one is a rock solid financial service's company...........the other has to contend with the notorious vagaries and trends of the fickle music business.   Now I see why you made the comparison?

You're looking too much into it, the point was that just because everything is going smoothly one day it doesn't mean it will the next. 

Either way you've ignored the most poignant part of that post, the fact that he's put an insane amount of money into the club and people just keep demanding more. I understand why he wants to sell at this point, I mean after decades of pouring money in the day he decides to make the club pay it's own way the fans all lose their shit with him. I can understand why he's losing interest, the man is 71, has done enough to retire and has kept City afloat for nearly two decades and all he's got for it is fans saying "we want more". 

3 hours ago, spudski said:

I guess it's by comparison. 

14% of 2billion isn't going to leave you living in hardship.

Let's be honest. 

SLs spend isn't going to affect him as to whether he can feed his family, pay the mortgage, go on holiday etc. 

It's hobby money to him. 

So if you've got a lot of money is fine to waste it? I mean that's the attitude that stop the rich being rich. The reason he has all that money is because he's smart with it. 

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Not sure 50 cent is a good example unless SL has released a sex tape

See above. 

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I mean it's his money, he's earned it and I sure as hell wouldn't give it away, I'd share it out amongst my family and let them create their own legacy. I couldn't imagine a father being like "I've got 1.7 billion, here you go kids, here's a tiny amount of that, the rest is going to charities". That's why rock families stay rich, because they pass it on to their next of kin. I'd put my kids before anything. 

It's symptomatic of a broken model @Spike

Makes a difference of course that he has been in the hot seat for two decades but the bubble just keeps inflating!

Take the new owner of Hull who came in January 2022 he was finally ratified. Yes a low base as Allams were preparing for sale etc and repaying their debt to an extent but...

By August 2022 so two windows he basically said the following in an interview:

Wage Bill- Trebled!! ? He may have meant the average player wage rather than the total wage, smaller squad. Still that is mental.

Parachute Payments- Yes rightly a major problem but he said it was unfair he couldn't put more in to compete.

Lastly he intimated he was happy to throw money away, almost enjoyed it as he remembers being in poverty in the past.

Good for him, he's clearly done well but it really contributes to inflation.

However if we don't at least move a little with the market post Scott, we risk falling behind simply in part due to the madness everywhere else.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1