IGNORED

Nige - BBCRB - snippet pre-Swansea

Davefevs

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We all know we're not signing anyone so why rub salt into it and tweet this. 

Screenshot_20230901_222914.jpg

Yeah, disgusting, someone should lose their job over this, Lansdown put your crayons back in your pocket (to be fair it seems like he has with the away kit), no ambition, bastards................what is the issue again?

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, BUTOR said:

I completely understand annoyance. Especially if you’ve been witness to what people feel is now a cycle repeating itself for many years over. It must be maddening. But I’m talking about some of the more shadowy conspiratorial stuff. Inferences that the Lansdown’s are plotting NP’s downfall or have lined up his successor with a war chest ready to burn. I don’t feel that some of the things being said reflect the actual reality of the situation, or what we’ve heard from the lips of NP. I defintely don’t think I’ve ever seen a managers words be quite as hyper analysed. To me he just seems content to be getting on with the job and has faith in the players he has. Why don’t the very positive things he says in press conferences get quoted and stuck up online? Rhetorical question, but as it did yesterday a small, potentially negative snippet being plastered everywhere before the full presser is even available massively adds to the imbalance of opinion. 

What I don’t want is for us as a fan base to write off a season and squad that could yet prove positive before they’ve even had a chance. The manager has faith in them, most of us have faith in the manager, so let’s see how they develop. 

The need for clarity I fully appreciate and that would put a lot of questions to bed. That silence is really something that feeds wayward narratives too. You have to hope it’s coming. 

Well said. And I hope everyone gets behind NP and the team in the ground and leaves the negativity for here. They need our support. They are all working their socks off to do well - they are having to cope with injuries as well - so let’s get behind them and see what we can achieve this season. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

The Exiled Robin on Twitter is getting all the likes from BT on what a great window we have had. Appears to me there is a divide happening with just Nigel and the fans feeling frustrated over the window. Not sure BT should be liking fan posts as a senior employee of the club to be honest. Imagine that happening at Arsenal or Man C! It wouldn’t. 

56 minutes ago, bpexile said:

My thoughts also, I have had a gut feeling for a while that Nige will walk if not backed having done all the hard work.

He's got a bit of a history of tough relationships with owners, and of walking out on (a) club.

Mandaric pissed him off at Leicester, he went to Hull, but then walked out on Hull to go back to Leicester. All was well there until of course the incident with his son, and the board announced that "the working relationship between Nigel and the Board was no longer viable."

At Derby Pearson was suspended due to an internal issue, reportedly an argument, again with the owner Mel Morris, over using drones at training.

Not sure what happened in Holland but he then left Watford with two games to go, reportedly after a "frank exchange of views" between Pearson and Pozzo.

Now it could be that Nigel has simply encountered many of the eccentric and erratic personalities that make up the body of football club owners. Maybe he's just too goddam saintly and can't help but speak truth to power, even if it gets him sacked on a regular basis. But, if there's a pattern of play here, then the common denominator is one gilet clad bloke with a curmudgeonly style. 

If this adventure in Bristol ends with an argument between Pearson and Lansdown, one which Pearson loses, then that will very much fit the form book of his managerial career.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, eardun said:

Well said. And I hope everyone gets behind NP and the team in the ground and leaves the negativity for here. They need our support. They are all working their socks off to do well - they are having to cope with injuries as well - so let’s get behind them and see what we can achieve this season. 

I'm with you on this. Yes we are all disappointed that we didn't replace Semenyo or Scott, but it's not the fault of the players we have and we must get behind them. I think the season is going to be hard enough without them having to battle the fans as well 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

The Exiled Robin on Twitter is getting all the likes from BT on what a great window we have had. Appears to me there is a divide happening with just Nigel and the fans feeling frustrated over the window. Not sure BT should be liking fan posts as a senior employee of the club to be honest. Imagine that happening at Arsenal or Man C! It wouldn’t. 

A good thought provoking tweet/question I thought - here:

https://twitter.com/TheExiledRobin/status/1697896467149500808

And Tinnion can interact with it in any way he likes in my view - I don’t see the issue. Presumably the whole point of these guys being on social media is to interact with fans. 

• Like 1

It does feel very similar to the Cotterill situation. The board making things tricky for the manager who is popular, but is probably not their choice in terms of someone to work with.

I would not be shocked if someone like Russell Martin is our manager this time in a year.. and miraculously has more money to spend. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg

57 minutes ago, eardun said:

A good thought provoking tweet/question I thought - here:

https://twitter.com/TheExiledRobin/status/1697896467149500808

And Tinnion can interact with it in any way he likes in my view - I don’t see the issue. Presumably the whole point of these guys being on social media is to interact with fans. 

I said this on another thread but my issue is not that I think we’ve had a poor window but that I think we were only one or two signings away from a really good window. However I think the business we didn’t do - specifically not adding more creativity in midfield - could really derail our season.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I’m surprised that others are surprised we haven’t signed anyone else.

I’m sure Pearson said in an interview about a week ago, that all business was done. 

I'm surprised that you're surprised that others are surprised we haven't signed anyone else. :)

Long experience has taught me never to be surprised by City fans' thinking!

• Haha 1