IGNORED

Nige - BBCRB - snippet pre-Swansea

Davefevs

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Listen to it all, especially the last half-a second.

mods - please merge if need be

We are where are.  No point trying to second guess what will happen next summer.  It’s getting the best out of the squad we have that now matters.

Edited by Malago
  • Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

years of mediocrity in the championship with no ambition to get out of it. All this talk of a plan when Scott goes and we can’t even go out and spend abit of money just to boost the quality of the squad

Plan A with Scott - go for the play-offs

Plan B without Scott - try to stay up.

Same support cast for both plans.

• Like 3

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Feel for NP. Always fronted up and never bullshitted the fans. Dont think he will be here much longer unfortunately, and I wouldn’t blame him from walking. Pissed off with the hierarchy of the club 

Nige recognises the mood music around the Gate and he's making sure that he doesn't take all the flak that is likely to come his way. If the hierarchy doesn't like it they can always pay him up and Nige can go and enjoy his retirement - nothing he's said there is out of order. Steve is playing with the big boys this time. He won't make that mistake again in a hurry.......

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I can understand SL not wanting to/reduce the spend or try to recoupe some funds (from the AS money) and also make the financial position of the club much better (bringing the salary spend down) if he was looking to sell or try to attract new investment quickly....but is there any real progress on that front? 

If not, then what is the positive outcome he's after? I'm very confused.

I do feel sorry for Nigel - as he says, he's the one in the firing line with these related questions when really others should be setting out the strategy/stepping up to anwer these.

It feels all a bit strange at the moment - or is that just reading too much on OTIB?

Edited by Loco Rojo

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

International break after this weekend too....back me or sack me statement  from NP?

Hardly, he’s said clearly here that we won’t be signing anyone, so forget the “back me” bit.

More like fed up with answering questions that others are the club are clearly responsible for.

Chairman or CEO, take your pick.

• Like 11