IGNORED

Nige - BBCRB - snippet pre-Swansea

Davefevs

Just now, glynriley said:

Time for the fans to back NP and the boys, just like we did when dear old Terry Cooper was at the helm. Got a similar feel right now.

Should have built a team and not stand

Should have built a team and not a stand

Should have built a team, should have built a team

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, glynriley said:

Time for the fans to back NP and the boys, just like we did when dear old Terry Cooper was at the helm. Got a similar feel right now.

Well will be at Swansea supporting NP and the boys. We lose it’s going to be a long 2 weeks and frustrations will build over those 2 weeks. Uncertain times GR

Anyway you good 

• Robin 1

5 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

As I have predicted Nige will leave / be removed during the international break. 

LJ will be quickly re- appointed. Budgets will miraculously increase next summer and the circus will start again

SL doesn’t care for experienced football people who question him, I am sure that has come from building his own business.

Personally I am very disappointed for Nige, I think he is a top bloke doing a good job in difficult circumstances. 

I’ve said similar in jest, but this feels horribly familiar. I think there would be a significant backlash if that happened. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It just gets better doesn’t it?

If I were NP, I’d walk away and enjoy my retirement.

Could be wrong, but I can't see NP walking away, he'll deflect the criticism to where it belongs and carry on doing his job imo.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 5

This place when Vyner leaves to a team in this div for more money will be a sight to behold. 

As soon as it becomes “them and us” at a senior level the relationship in any business is done, you don’t come back from it. Lansdown of course stays, so it will be a young coach who knows his place incoming and likely another “rebuild”. At least we have the basketball 

15 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

If we have to sell a 25 million pound player just to have the squad we’ve got now, what on earth do we do next summer?

Steve seems to think we can raise another £25m from sales. Which tells us all we need to know about his football knowledge.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

TC was invited onto the Board, was he not - different times, the club was run by people with the same passion as the fans on the terraces. We were all in it together. I've seen little evidence of that in recent times.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ciderwithtommy said:

This place when Vyner leaves to a team in this div for more money will be a sight to behold. 

As soon as it becomes “them and us” at a senior level the relationship in any business is done, you don’t come back from it. Lansdown of course stays, so it will be a young coach who knows his place incoming and likely another “rebuild”. At least we have the basketball 

Said it at the time, the whole Bristol sport thing was and is bullshit ‘ it comes across as some sort of vanity project from sl , the bloke hasn’t got a clue about football let alone anything else 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

And, if that happens, SL can watch ST sales and attendances plummet.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Could be wrong, but I can't see NP walking away, he'll deflect the criticism to where it belongs and carry on doing his job imo.

Yeah and he’s got every right to. Just wouldn’t blame him if he was to walk, the silence upstairs is deafening. 

37 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Only time we heard from SL. Was directly after we sold Scott. Can’t find the interview. Can someone post it please 

The clip from Radio Guernsey or whatever it was?

" We’ve got to bide our time and keep investing in players and wait for that moment like Luton had… it’s the only way we can do it because we can’t compete with the parachute payments that come out of the Premier League... they’re way ahead of us on spend, way ahead, and so we’ve just got to build that scenario... if we could sell players for 25 million every year, you know… we’d be building that nest egg up to be able to compete in the longer term… I think this season with the squad of players we've got, we've got a real chance of, you know, of competing at the top end of the table and maybe we'll strike it lucky... that's the way we've got to look at it... we never stop, we never stop recruiting, we never stop scouting, we never stop trying to develop our players and we obviously want to do as well as we possibly can, we've got a great stadium, fantastic training facilities and the squad is, it's a young squad, we've got some good experienced players in there as well alongside them and we've got the makings of a promotion winning side if we can get that little bit of luck and consistency "

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. Might talk himself into being sacked through too many barbed comments but I don't think he'd walk.

Nige is no mug. He clearly thinks before he speaks. Nothing he’s said makes him “sackable” in terms of gross misconduct. He will just tell the truth in the right way and it’s Steve’s move……..

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Only time we heard from SL. Was directly after we sold Scott. Can’t find the interview. Can someone post it please 

Basically claiming glory.  I can see why he liked Ashton.

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Partly because we have a chairman who for all his privilege has to be about as poor a public speaker as you can get.

Literally can’t get full sentences out without stumbling over his words.

What a waste of money that expensive education was.

As for the chirpy Cockney CEO, I thought people from that part of the world loved the attention, so here’s your big chance, pal.

Get in front of a microphone & tell us what’s going on.

In fairness I think Jon has a stammer that he has tried to overcome, but asides from that, the privilege role is spot on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

And, if that happens, SL can watch ST sales and attendances plummet.

Thing is - the STs are sold, and counted in the attendances regardless of who turns up. Its not the first time I've bought a ST in the Lansdown regime only to think a few weeks into the season that the optimistic prospectus on which it was sold was all smoke and mirrors!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

The clip from Radio Guernsey or whatever it was?

" We’ve got to bide our time and keep investing in players and wait for that moment like Luton had… it’s the only way we can do it because we can’t compete with the parachute payments that come out of the Premier League... they’re way ahead of us on spend, way ahead, and so we’ve just got to build that scenario... if we could sell players for 25 million every year, you know… we’d be building that nest egg up to be able to compete in the longer term… I think this season with the squad of players we've got, we've got a real chance of, you know, of competing at the top end of the table and maybe we'll strike it lucky... that's the way we've got to look at it... we never stop, we never stop recruiting, we never stop scouting, we never stop trying to develop our players and we obviously want to do as well as we possibly can, we've got a great stadium, fantastic training facilities and the squad is, it's a young squad, we've got some good experienced players in there as well alongside them and we've got the makings of a promotion winning side if we can get that little bit of luck and consistency "

Thanks MM. 

8 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Should have built a team and not stand

Should have built a team, should have built a team

8 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Amen!

Yeah, people would have loved that wouldn't they? "But, but, we have the worst ground in the prem and it's embarrassing. Why doesn't he build a ground?"

Not to mention the fact that he can build a ground within the financial rules, but can't do the same with a team. How many more times FFS.

• Like 2

I have never been NP biggest fan but glad he is highlighting the true problem at the club. Everyone runs at a loss in this league for the most part. If you wanted to make money you don’t buy a football team. The point is to be competitive and push for promotion. Lansdown has no problem saying that but had never shown it through his actions. Blokes time is up. 

• Flames 1

I just see this as Nige being Nige.  Direct and honest. Nothing else.

There is a budget - I keep to it.  I'd like more but so would everyone.  

Not my job to explain the budget.

Seems to me that everyone hated the apparent 'pointless splurge' under the previous characters and now hate the 'pointless restraint' under the current characters.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1