IGNORED

Nige - BBCRB - snippet pre-Swansea

Davefevs

19 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

For me, the major thing is the lack of transparency and honesty about where we are. If Steve or Jon Lansdown, or the CEO, came out and said "we're trying to make the club sustainable and we're not going to spend money. We think our squad is good enough to finish mid-table and that's our expectation but we're not going to fund a promotion push" then, disappointing though it would be, I could respect the position.

What I can't respect is making noises about promotion being the expectation and constantly hinting at disappointment in the manager for not achieving perceived targets and leaving the manager alone to answer questions about the lack of spending. If we can't spend the Scott money for a good reason, fine, but the CEO should be fronting that decision and explaining it to the fans - not leaving the manager to take the flak. That's just shitty behaviour in any profession. 

POst of the day!

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Hardly, he’s said clearly here that we won’t be signing anyone, so forget the “back me” bit.

More like fed up with answering questions that others are the club are clearly responsible for.

Chairman or CEO, take your pick.

Exactly this. It is blatantly unfair to ask Nige to explain to fans or the media the budget policy. He is right to say he cannot answer the question. It is not his job to, he does not set it. He has calmly said he is following the club guidelines given to him. 

This is for the CEO or Charman to explain the dramatic change in club policy. No issue with that change of policy, the club loses a lot of money, but they do need to explain it, not Nige. It is very disingenuous to put him in that position.  

• Like 5

• Admin

I feel like the atmosphere around the club is likely to become pretty toxic over the coming months, as we already starting to see on the forum. Whether Pearson stays, walks or gets fired, there are a significant amount of City fans that whilst grateful for much of the infrastructure that the Lansdowns have built, feel that they have done/are doing Pearson dirty. On the flip side there’s another significant amount who believe their other contributions outweigh this or fully believe we need this austerity to be a club that makes a financial profit each season moving forward. 
Either way, each group has very different views than the other and things won’t be plain sailing now.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

For me, the major thing is the lack of transparency and honesty about where we are. If Steve or Jon Lansdown, or the CEO, came out and said "we're trying to make the club sustainable and we're not going to spend money. We think our squad is good enough to finish mid-table and that's our expectation but we're not going to fund a promotion push" then, disappointing though it would be, I could respect the position.

What I can't respect is making noises about promotion being the expectation and constantly hinting at disappointment in the manager for not achieving perceived targets and leaving the manager alone to answer questions about the lack of spending. If we can't spend the Scott money for a good reason, fine, but the CEO should be fronting that decision and explaining it to the fans - not leaving the manager to take the flak. That's just shitty behaviour in any profession. 

Excellent summary and accurate depiction of the situation. 

44 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's quite literally like we're back in August 2015 with Steve Cotterill making exactly the same noises Nige is now.

It's extraordinary how time and time again history repeats itself under Steve Lansdown.

Spot on. And to think some of us were joking about LJ coming back! 

I’ve now got anxiety issues of seeing a grinning SL with LJ one side of him and Holden the other with the headline “Unfinished Business”. ?

We're okay and injuries push us down a bit further.

However if NP walks or is pushed out over this we are in trouble. Who will walk in, a thin squad and even some first teamers are not exactly old and experienced.

My assumptions on an okay or a frustrating season were based on NP staying. If he goes all bets are off.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

If we have to sell a 25 million pound player just to have the squad we’ve got now, what on earth do we do next summer?

To be fair we don’t need to. The Scott fee will be in instalments.

Let’s say the rumours were right that we wanted £10m up front, it could be that next season the instalment is £5m, leaving us needing to sell someone (or more than one) with up front payments amounting to the other £5m. Conway immediately springs to mind.

Then the problem comes that we will need to find a replacement on £5k per week or less as we are at our wage budget maximum. Maybe we can strike it lucky and Yeboah can be that replacement.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Nige recognises the mood music around the Gate and he's making sure that he doesn't take all the flak that is likely to come his way. If the hierarchy doesn't like it they can always pay him up and Nige can go and enjoy his retirement - nothing he's said there is out of order. Steve is playing with the big boys this time. He won't make that mistake again in a hurry.......

No, and he obviously doesn't like it..........same with Steve C, doesn't like anyone who stands up to him and (as someone on here said) he hates people that he employes being more popular than him ! The big trouble is he knows **** all about football and in 25 years he hasn't learnt.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

And at this point the actions of the club hierarchy and owner are either one of the following:

1) Complete incompetence; or

2) Deliberate actions intended to undermine the manager

My money is definitely on the latter.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

A stale rudderless football club currently. 

Agreed. A stale rudderless football club with no no CEO, no Chairman and an owner who has lost interest in football. A complete and utter shambles (again). We need new life in to Bristol City FC, sod Bristol Sport.
Fed up tonight.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We're okay and injuries push us down a bit further.

However if NP walks or is pushed out over this we are in trouble. Who will walk in, a thin squad and even some first teamers are not exactly old and experienced.

My assumptions on an okay or a frustrating season were based on NP staying. If he goes all bets are off.

I hope @Kid in the Riot is right but LJ would take it.

5 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

If we have to sell a 25 million pound player just to have the squad we’ve got now, what on earth do we do next summer?

Further to this what’s the point in getting excited in any breakthroughs this season as we will are clearly just being run to create and sell with no consideration at all to sporting achievement for the here and now.

• Like 1

Just now, fisherrich said:

Agreed. A stale rudderless football club with no no CEO, no Chairman and an owner who has lost interest in football. A complete and utter shambles (again). We need new life in to Bristol City FC, sod Bristol Sport.
Fed up tonight.

Absolutely. I don’t give a shit about Bristol Sport. Bristol City is all that matters. The rest of it has just made it more complicated 

• Like 1

Just now, One Team said:

Spot on. And to think some of us were joking about LJ coming back! 

I’ve now got anxiety issues of seeing a grinning SL with LJ one side of him and Holden the other with the headline “Unfinished Business”. ?

As I have predicted Nige will leave / be removed during the international break. 

LJ will be quickly re- appointed. Budgets will miraculously increase next summer and the circus will start again

SL doesn’t care for experienced football people who question him, I am sure that has come from building his own business.

Personally I am very disappointed for Nige, I think he is a top bloke doing a good job in difficult circumstances. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And at this point the actions of the club hierarchy and owner are either one of the following:

...worrying, and in itself a completely incompetent way to run a football club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

My money is on both. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 5

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Have a feeling by the time we play West Brom , Pearson won’t be manager of city 

Can’t see Nigel walking, he’s got to much professionalism to do that and think he’s a man of his word and will see out his contract, can see sl sacking him ‘ honest don’t think sl gives to ***** what the fans think ‘ in fact I think he sees the fans as a bit of a pain in the arse,  I’ve been saying for years sl isn’t the messiah, pleased a few more people a starting to see it now.

• Like 1