IGNORED

Swansea City away match thread

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I stand by my criticism of fans blaming the Ref etc.  So 1950s don’t you feel ? Other more balanced views on Otib do not support the view Ref was wrong on our discounted goals.

For goodness sake smell the coffee.  We don’t have a striker in the fit squad, unless Yeboah turns out to be a teenage prodigy.  I bet Nige would have brought one in if the owner was showing the slightest interest in the club.  That is where people’s frustration truly lies not with a Ref.

Conveniently ignored the red card decision though haven't you, prat.

Wells was clean through and he's scythed down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First half reflections

The good

We have created a handful of excellent scoring opportunities, and really should’ve converted at least one of them Knight and Wells in particular should’ve scored

Bell and Sykes both look very threatening

If it was a boxing match, we would be well ahead on points

The bad

Lapses in concentration, sloppy moments and indecision, particularly by Pring, Gardner-Hickman, and Naismith

Their goal resulted from us, losing the ball in the middle of the pitch far too cheaply

The ugly

Naismith getting booked for dissent when only moments earlier, the ref booked a Swansea player for what was at least an orange card and possibly a red

Having three goals disallowed. I particularly would like to see the effort from Bell again that looked marginal

The hope

We continue to play on the front foot, create chances and convert a number of them in this half without losing our heads

Matty James’s fit enough to come out for the second half

This game is there for us to win if we carry-on in a similar way take some chances and cut out the sloppy errors.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
Just now, Ivorguy said:

People who resort to personal abuse on this forum are exactly the sort who blame the Ref

I give blame where it is due, I also give credit where it is due.

The offsides were correct, the red card was a shockingly bad decision. 

It's not just the big stuff though, every 50/50 is given against us and this has a significant impact over the course of a game.

I only give abuse where it is due too, you act like a prat, I'll call you a prat.

You're still ignoring the red card decision though, wonder why...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I stand by my criticism of fans blaming the Ref etc.  So 1950s don’t you feel ? Other more balanced views on Otib do not support the view Ref was wrong on our discounted goals.

For goodness sake smell the coffee.  We don’t have a striker in the fit squad, unless Yeboah turns out to be a teenage prodigy.  I bet Nige would have brought one in if the owner was showing the slightest interest in the club.  That is where people’s frustration truly lies not with a Ref.

Nope, I’m ****** off with inept officiating, standards have got worse in the past few years. Ball in the net 3 times so it’s not for the want of creating chances.

• Like 1
Just now, transfer reader said:

I give blame where it is due, I also give credit where it is due.

The offsides were correct, the red card was a shockingly bad decision. 

It's not just the big stuff though, every 50/50 is given against us and this has a significant impact over the course of a game.

I only give abuse where it is due too, you act like a prat, I'll call you a prat.

You're still ignoring the red card decision though, wonder why...

I'm watching a stream and thought there was a player covering? You reckon not?

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Nope, I’m ****** off with inept officiating, standards have got worse in the past few years. Ball in the net 3 times so it’s not for the want of creating chances.

It seldom seems to fall in our favour however.

That said, officiating at this level seems to be worse than ever.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Plenty are not moaning about the goals being disallowed FFS.

Are you actually watching it?

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Are there any circumstances where you do tolerate criticism of referees? Or are they immune from any and all scrutiny? Which other jobs have such immunity from review?

Edited by View from the Dolman
  • Like 3