IGNORED

1st Championship Managerial Casualty?

Port Said Red

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

'boro currently 0-2 down at home to QPR, bottom of the table 0 - 1 - 4 and a -8 GD. Will they pull the trigger on Carrick this early in the season?

Worked well enough for them last season, the change of manager very nearly got them up. But surely Carrick is still in credit? Fickle sport so we’ll see.

Don’t rule out Duff at Swansea! Not proving popular.

• Like 2

First major test of his managerial career. He inherited a strong side who were underperforming and added power in Janaury but this now is to some extent his side and it's easier as a fresh voice than when it is a side you have been in charge of for a year who are having difficulties.

If he turns it round be will he better for it but he has to turn it round to reach that point. Gibson traditionally gives managers time but not always.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

This is what happens when you rely on loan signings 

I was surprised how many pundits were optimistic on 'Boro in pre-season given losing Giles, Archer and Ramsey meant they had to replace 30 ish goal involvements.

Not a loanee but similar point, Akpom was looking likely to leave and has done so if you include him as well you're talking about 50-60 goals Boro are having to replace!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cityexile said:

Fancied them this season got to he honest. Equally, my betting record on football is...not good.

Haha, I had them to come second!

2 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

I was surprised how many pundits were optimistic on 'Boro in pre-season given losing Giles, Archer and Ramsey meant they had to replace 30 ish goal involvements.

Not a loanee but similar point, Akpom was looking likely to leave and has done so if you include him as well you're talking about 50-60 goals Boro are having to replace!

My expectations were that they’d get another bunch equally decent from one of Carrick’s former clubs.

Happy to be completely wrong ???

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Haha, I had them to come second!

My expectations were that they’d get another bunch equally decent from one of Carrick’s former clubs.

Happy to be completely wrong ???

In fairness Carrick and 'Boro got a lot out of last season's loanees so there's some logic in thinking they'd get the pick of the next batch! 

Entertaining to see 'Boro have a dip, but my manager is a 'Boro fan so if they could pick up their form a bit it might make the 9-5 a bit brighter ?

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

'boro currently 0-2 down at home to QPR, bottom of the table 0 - 1 - 4 and a -8 GD. Will they pull the trigger on Carrick this early in the season?

Think he’s still in credit but that attack massively carried them last season didn’t they? Munoz of Sheffield Wednesday could go with their utterly bonkers expectations this season 

1 minute ago, Markthehorn said:

Funny thing is generally we have played quite well but either not got the goals or defending has been poor .

Certainly no calls from the fans for a change but never know with our board !

No. Our owner certainly isn't anywhere near as 'trigger happy' as yours, but I don't like the signs at the moment. 

Letting Pearson go imo would be even crazier than when you did with two games of the Prem to go.

42 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Funny thing is generally we have played quite well but either not got the goals or defending has been poor .

Certainly no calls from the fans for a change but never know with our board !

I thought you were unlucky on Saturday. Penalty against you was never a penalty in a million years, moved his hand away from the ball and the ball hit it. 

The own goal was unfortunate for you but then that evened itself up at the other end. 

Wonder save by their keeper prevented you from winning.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

No. Our owner certainly isn't anywhere near as 'trigger happy' as yours, but I don't like the signs at the moment. 

Letting Pearson go imo would be even crazier than when you did with two games of the Prem to go.

I think that was due to an alleged half time incident at West Ham because as you say it seemed totally pointless sacking Pearson with a week left and games v Man C and Arsenal where we were unlikely to get points anyway .

We did well under him  before COVID too and he seemed to be popular enough so shame we didn’t keep Pearson on but maybe its been your gain !

47 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I thought you were unlucky on Saturday. Penalty against you was never a penalty in a million years, moved his hand away from the ball and the ball hit it. 

The own goal was unfortunate for you but then that evened itself up at the other end. 

Wonder save by their keeper prevented you from winning.

Yes - was a poor decision but fortunately we saved the penalty.

Agree on the own goal - total lack of communication but we do seem to risk playing like that and it’s been a bit dodgy all season !

And as you say they pretty much did the same but nice to have 2 strikers alert to the danger and capitalise.

2 home games after the International break so hopefully get some wins .

I think it would be harsh for any manager in this league to lose their job now .

As Saturday proved the Championship is so unpredictable you never quite know what is around the corner .

Edited by Markthehorn
  • Like 1