IGNORED

Today's games/crazy championship (Merged)

RoystonFoote'snephew

Anyone can beat anybody never more clear than today's results. We win at Swansea despite the best efforts of Oliver Langford. Southampton get dicked by Sunderland, Hull win at Leicester, Rotherham beat Norwich, QPR win at Boro, Preston win at Stoke, Huddersfield win at WBA and Plymouth beat Blackburn. Thankfully Baadiff kept it sane and squandered a 2-0 lead at Ipswich to lose 3-2. What a day! 

• Like 5

Championship at its topsy-turvy best with some surprising scores. Huddersfield won away at WBA, QPR likewise at Boro. Rotherham beat Norwich. Southampton trashed by Sunderland. Don't you just love this terrific league? Especially on a day when we put in a cracking performance and win away. An uplifting antidote to the gloom of recent days. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Anyone can beat anybody never more clear than today's results. We win at Swansea despite the best efforts of Oliver Langford. Southampton get dicked by Sunderland, Hull win at Leicester, Rotherham beat Norwich, QPR win at Boro, Preston win at Stoke, Huddersfield win at WBA and Plymouth beat Blackburn. Thankfully Baadiff kept it sane and squandered a 2-0 lead at Ipswich to lose 3-2. What a day! 

I simultaneously started another thread saying exactly the same. Maybe somebody can merge.

You win against Swansea, we take three points off Cardiff.       Norwich lost too, not a bad set of scores is it.   ?

Sorry you couldn't get past them in the Cup midweek, we really were hoping you'd do it.

Couldn't be at PR today but apparently there were some wild scenes at the final whistle.    Naturally after turning around a two goal deficit to win   3 - 2.        As someone said in this league anything can happen, all manner of teams can or will make the play offs or get a promotion.         I know what's it like to want to return to the top flight after so long away, you almost crave for it even if it IS spoiled and ruined by money and greed.        Highlights show should be worth seeing later and then some.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

You win against Swansea, we take three points off Cardiff.       Norwich lost too, not a bad set of scores is it.   ?

Sorry you couldn't get past them in the Cup midweek, we really were hoping you'd do it.

Couldn't be at PR today but apparently there were some wild scenes at the final whistle.    Naturally after turning around a two goal deficit to win   3 - 2.        As someone said in this league anything can happen, all manner of teams can or will make the play offs or get a promotion.         I know what's it like to want to return to the top flight after so long away, you almost crave for it even if it IS spoiled and ruined by money and greed.        Highlights show should be worth seeing later and then some.   

I won’t lie - I’m gutted you lot have started so well 

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Today's games/crazy championship (Merged)
5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Delicious seeing Southampton and Russell Martin humbled again. Somehow making it all about him after getting battered, saying “his ego is hurt”. It’s not about you mate. 

Imagine hearing that as a Southampton fan who'd made that long trip at god knows O'clock this morning - bloke is a tit 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Imagine hearing that as a Southampton fan who'd made that long trip at god knows O'clock this morning - bloke is a tit 

Another LJ ,  Scott Parker for me

Getting some attractive jobs based on ? ...... 

And , probably has a whiff of arrogance more than both 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Another LJ ,  Scott Parker for me

Getting some attractive jobs based on ? ...... 

And , probably has a whiff of arrogance more than both 

My daughter was in the front room whilst I was watching the highlights programme tonight.  She said - “ooh he loves himself a bit doesn’t he dad”.

She also thought Farke has terrible hair!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My daughter was in the front room whilst I was watching the highlights programme tonight.  She said - “ooh he loves himself a bit doesn’t he dad”.

She also thought Farke has terrible hair!

I remember the first time my Mrs saw Nige being interviewed before a live Sky game, her comment was "is that the new manager? bit scruffy isn't he? not smartly dressed like Lee and Dean were"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I remember the first time my Mrs saw Nige being interviewed before a live Sky game, her comment was "is that the new manager? bit scruffy isn't he? not smartly dressed like Lee and Dean were"

I’ve said more than once, when I’ve been watching match previews/interviews, “Nige could do with a shave, looks worse now he’s cut his hair so short. . .”  :fear:

(I love him really - honest!) 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, cityexile said:

Preston top, Bham 4th, Hull 6th. Maybe not that easy a start for us...

21 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Thap point we got at home to Preston not looking so shabby now!

By that logic we likewise can't take too much heart from beating Swansea! I don't think the table means anything other than a good start, average start or bad start. 10 games will be a better yardstick. 

• Like 1