IGNORED

Bristol Post Article re NP

bcfc01

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Where is McGregor these days?

Bristolworld

The post don't touch him as he is shit even by their very low standards

Piercy on the other hand is far too good for the post, a very good journo, and one who's actually got some sources as well as the club looking like they respect him too

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Bristolworld

Piercy on the other hand is far too good for the post, a very good journo, and one who's actually got some sources as well as the club looking like they respect him too

That’s an interesting one as I have recently only noticed Jones and Dixon on Bristol World. But I guess I don’t look that closely. 

Great article and highlights that it was even more of a shame @3 Peaps In A PodCast didn’t probe into these key points (and those we’ve discussed here regarding SL) when interviewing him in the most recent podcast. A superb opportunity for some transparent candid debate about the state of the club, and in particular SL and PA, wasted. 

The rest of the podcast regarding the Swansea game was pretty decent though! 

Edited by One Team

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

Great article and highlights that it was even more of a shame @3 Peaps In A PodCast didn’t probe into these key points (and those we’ve discussed here regarding SL) when interviewing him in the most recent podcast. A superb opportunity for some transparent candid debate about the state of the club and in particular SL and PA wasted. 

The rest of the podcast regarding the Swansea game was reasonable though! 

I thought Matt Withers was pretty good on SOTC on Monday though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Bristolworld

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Does that mean unemployed? I don’t see much by him?

He’s done a fair bit for The Times, as Henry Winter, probably the biggest sports journalist in the world, got in touch with him after seeing he’d gone freelance as he was a big fan of his work and writing style….

But yeah. He’s shit. 

• Like 10
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’s done a fair bit for The Times, as Henry Winter, probably the biggest sports journalist in the world, got in touch with him after seeing he’d gone freelance as he was a big fan of his work and writing style….

But yeah. He’s shit. 

I thought Gregor was pretty good actually always came across well on OSIB and was pretty candid for a person in his position. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

But yeah. He’s shit. 

I’m no critic of journos as I can’t read n I can’t write, but the Times sounds like a good gig!  

I always thought NP wasn’t a fan though! 

22 minutes ago, One Team said:

Not listened to that yet Fevs, worth a go? 

Matt is in for about the last 20 mins, partly reviewing Swansea, then Richard H asked him about the Alexander stuff.

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I’m no critic of journos as I can’t read n I can’t write, but the Times sounds like a good gig!  

I always thought NP wasn’t a fan though! 

I think Gregor’s approach was in part to try and wind Nige up a bit.  I don’t think that works with Nige.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, petehinton said:

But yeah. He’s shit. 

I really liked Gregor, very funny on OSIB with a fab sense of humour. I remember the digger quip fondly ?

I was wondering if he is ever going to be on OSIB again?

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Matt is in for about the last 20 mins, partly reviewing Swansea, then Richard H asked him about the Alexander stuff.

I think Gregor’s approach was in part to try and wind Nige up a bit.  I don’t think that works with Nige.

I also thing Nige ‘used’ Gregor a bit to bring in the no more cosy club vibe. Very frosty on ‘official’ comms that us fans would see…. Very different vibes away from that. Including blindsiding him with some friendly noogies/headlocks whilst saying “eh up lad how are ya” at the HPC!!

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I really liked Gregor, very funny on OSIB with a fab sense of humour. I remember the digger quip fondly ?

I was wondering if he is ever going to be on OSIB again?

We’d love him too. But I think he’s fully loving being a dad now and with his freelance stuff, won’t know too much about city now to be too involved. But he’s absolutely always welcome, and a silent observer in the shadows in the WhatsApp group!! ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Bristolworld

Gregor was decent. I sat behind him during a game once and admit I looked over his shoulder. He was very good at the minute by minute. He wrote well.

Piercy writes ok, a bit verbose, and he's a nice guy. I think he tends to sit on the fence a bit and rarely fully commits to an opinion though.

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I also thing Nige ‘used’ Gregor a bit to bring in the no more cosy club vibe. Very frosty on ‘official’ comms that us fans would see…. Very different vibes away from that. Including blindsiding him with some friendly noogies/headlocks whilst saying “eh up lad how are ya” at the HPC!!

Is this...are public manipulation and "surprise" headlocks in the workplace supposed to cast Pearson in a positive light?

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

We’d love him too. But I think he’s fully loving being a dad now and with his freelance stuff, won’t know too much about city now to be too involved. But he’s absolutely always welcome, and a silent observer in the shadows in the WhatsApp group!! ??

A Cider With Gregor episode? 

Liked this bit ‘To eliminate any kind of conjecture though, Bristol Live understands Pearson’s desire is very much to remain at the club and further build on what he’s been responsible for creating. Never mind the affection he has developed for the club, and the area.’

• Like 5

Taking it that Nige does want to stay which begs the question At what point do the club decide whether or not to offer a new contract ? Will Nige be prepared to wait or start shopping around for his next club. It seems to me an unnecessary risky strategy and disrespectful of the work that he has done despite great financial restraints.

• Like 2